• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever faked being sick to not go somewhere?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • Well, this is a topic that interests me loads. I have done it a couple of times, but only when I know that specific day is not important. Gotta admit, my inner bruh kinda feels guilty sometimes. I don't regret it, just feel guilty. Well, I think I'm pretty successful with these attempts, and I'm here to ask you bruhs. Can you fool your parents/boss? It can be anywhere really, just keep it related.

Last edited:

Outlier

I did it a few times to avoid bullshit at school but I tried not to make a habit of it. I don't know if I ever fooled anyone with a made up story or by faking an illness, however I did commit to staying in bed all day. I don't think I could have pulled that off without Pokemon though lol.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Urgh, I've done this too many times to miss a day of work just because I was bored and didn't wanna go that day. Always feel a bit guilty straight after the phone call too.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never did this while I've been at work, but whenn I was a little bit younger, I did this in both the small school and the big school.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    ehhhhh... i would fake sick almost constantly as a child. it's difficult to live with anxiety at a young age, lol.

still happens presently too though.. sad story really. :( least i get away with it every time and it never jeopardizes anything for me.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I'd pull a 'sickie' every other day when I used to attend a particular school that I rapidly began to loathe in the end. In fact, I was missing so many days in my final year there that my folks had to go and talk with the Headmistress/Principle. Opps.

Years
  • Yeah I've done it a few times, both for work and school. Usually it would just be a matter of feeling too sleepy or not caring enough. Sometimes I was so tired that faking a problem wasn't an issue because I'd wake half-way through the school day anyway lol.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    There's a complex process into tricking my Mum so I can bunk off-
    Phase 1:-The build up-Telling my Mum i'm ill normally comes with a lot of forward preparation. Making sure she knows I feel weird the night before etc.
    Phase 2:-The ignorance-If I'm too informed on what's wrong, it's not all that believable. Pretty much, have to have at least one surprise in the process, which comes with a bit of improvisation
    Phase 3:-The second guess:-If they hear or see something convincing, you're halfway to winning them over. It has to be similar to what I originally described though. (This is the phase I've usually failed at
    Phase 4:-The brave face:-Make it seem like you're truly trying. If it's too convincing on either side, the whole plan falters. If you convince them you're strong enough, you go to school; If you overact, its obvious you're lying
    Phase 5:-The third attempt-This is where things get serious, the spontaneity has to be almost perfect. (With my mum anyway)
    Phase 6:-The Evidence-I won't go into too much detail here, you get the idea.
    Phase 7:-The aftermath-You can't have too much fun when you're ill. This is the be all and end all. If I convinced her I was telling the truth, the next time I did it would be so much easier. If I didn't...there would have to be about 5 more phases added to the process

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    My ability to fake being sick is limited by the fact the parents never believe me when I try. So, when I do want to skip school (or something else) I pretty much have to convince my parents that I can get away with it.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I fake sick very very rarely; I make sure that when I do, it's fucking Worth It. additionally it's not so much faking sick as just exaggerating how sick I actually feel. sometimes I wake up feeling poorly enough that school would be pretty bad so I just do that and it leads to a pleasant-ish day of lounging around. for people that do it like once a week and wonder why their parents don't believe them you may want to be more selective.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The only time that requires me to fake now is work. I rarely call out to begin with so when I do it tends to be believable anyway. I called out a couple weeks ago and said I had a bad headache, when I came in a few days later everyone was like "omg how is your head it must of been bad :("

Sirfetch’d

I used to do this a pretty good bit as a child actually! I would do it to get out of going to school or church or even visiting my grandparents when I didn't want to. I was a pretty good faker!

Years
  • Not...not faking sick per se, that's not what I would do...

Now, playing up whatever minor things I might have already had, oh yeah, I've tried doing that plenty of times. I definitely used to do so if I thought I could get out of school. Making up some story about how I'm actually feeling rather bad and I can't actually go anywhere because this reason and that and oh I should stay home just in case things get worse. Lots of justification on my part, haha.

It only worked about half the time, if even that, if I recall correctly. Often the reply to it was something along the lines of "well, you don't look that bad, just call me from school if it gets worse."

So yeah.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Achieving this and getting away with it is my reason to live, not gonna lie haha.

It's quite funny sometimes when I've done it for work, because when people ask I have to make up some ridiculous story to convince people I was ill. But when you've apparently eaten bad Tofu, people don't tend to agree. Perhaps sticking myself with a metal rod would go down better...

When I was at school, I did this enough that my mum would just give me some curt reply, along the lines of "Shut up, go to school, stop whining like the little bitch you are and get over it." Obviously my mum was wise to my tricks.

Lucid

Pretty much most of 1st-6th grade and a few days at shitty jobs.

Years
  • I tried to but parents could figure it out each time. :D So nope, never worked and I was always sent off to the woeful place that was school. Mom was pretty perceptive. Gave up after a while and learned to just suck it up, haha.

Years
  • I remember one instance where I woke up and suddenly did not feel like going to school. Faked a stomach ache that worked, but then hours later, mom comes around and suggests we go to the doctor's. Minor heart attack back then, but we never went.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sometimes I accidentally overslept, and I just informed my friends that I was not feeling well lol. It's so nice to not have a guardian watching you most of the time haha. Although on my side I was feeling off the weather, but not to the point of being actually ill...

....Well... aside from that one time when I faked being ill despite being completely fine simply because I don't want to help clean up the lake at my university now who on earth would be willing do that? Like, I heard there was a snake found around the lake the previous day.

Back