• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite moves? (top 5)

Years
I won't spend much time on each one.

5. Shadow Ball

I like Ghost type moves, and it's fricking PURPLE!! Anyway, Shadow Ball is pretty cool.

4. Trick or Treat
Another Ghost type move. It's exclusive to Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo, which are some of my favorite Kalos Pokemon.

3. Brave Bird

Hands down coolest Flying move. I especially love the animation in X and Y!

2. Disarming Voice

A Fairy move now. It's pretty tough, annd I like Fairy types.

1. Mystical Fire

SO COOL!! OMG OMG OMG AAAH Sorry for my fanboying. I love Delphox and it learns it right when it evolves from Braixen.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
5. Headbutt
Especially useful on Serene Grace Dunsparce when paired with Thunder Wave.

4. Psychic
Decent power and a chance at lowering opponent's Sp.Def.

3. Surf
A field move that's actually useful in battle, plus the animation looks nice (I especially like it in Colosseum/XD).

2. Shadow Ball
I've always liked the animation (aside from GSC).

1. Ice Beam
Hands-down my favorite move. It's so pretty and packs a punch!

Honorable mentions: Sacred Fire, Dig, Return

EDIT: I just realized that I actually use my top-5 picks on my main team! Ice Beam (Froslass, Glaceon), Shadow Ball (Froslass, Glaceon), Surf (Wartortle), Psychic (Mothim), and Headbutt (Dunsparce). Neat. :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
5. Brave Bird
It's strong and has a really cool name.

4. Draco Meteor
Looks badass as hell, and is a pinnacle in competitive battling.

3. Techno Blast
Despite being quite useless for Genesect considering it has better moves to use, it still looks AWESOME and has an AWESOME name.

2. Icicle Crash
Contrary to most beliefs, imo this move is actually better than Ice Beam due to the 30% flinch rate it has and the fact that the good Ice-types of OU are mostly physical.

1. Knock Off
This move is strong and has the biggest troll factor of all time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 19, 2016
My top 5 moves (no particular order)
- Trick, take away eviolite from chansey, and then give it to something else, priceless
- Pursuit
- Shadow Ball, good coverage, damage, accuracy, it's just great
- Knock off, same as above
- Healing Wish

Years
1. Sky Attack (ever since I saw it in Pokémon Stadium I just thought it was the coolest move ever)
2. Aurora Beam (I love how even though it's an ice move, it's comprised of multi colours)
3. Solar Beam (I've always thought it looked really cool and powerful)
4. Hi Jump Kick (sometimes risky but awesome when it pays off)
5. Leaf Blade (this move in Gen 3 with Sceptile was everything, its animation was awesome)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
Extremespeed - Loved animation of it in R/S. Wish move Pokemon learned it like Linoone.

Leaf Blade - R/S this was the coolest move going.

Thunder - Love the 100% accuracy in rain, 30% Para chance. I don't think it has ever been a useful effect for me but I like how it can hit pokemon that are flying. Had a nice animation in R/S/E (at least I am remembering it did).

Hydro Cannon - I used to think Hyper Beam was the best move ever (I understand how it is not now) but I didn't know about there being a water type version of it.

Drain Punch - I like attacks that heal the attacker.

Years
1. Moonblast - It's very pretty, cool animation, fairy type
2. Magical leaf - Rainbow leaves!
3. Will-O-Wisp - Purple fire! Very useful too!
4. Roar of time - Can you say badass? +Dat animation
5. Judgement - Amazing, powerful and versatil. The animation is also pretty amazing

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
off the top of my head moves like flamethrower, ice beam, energy ball, thunderbolt...

good attack power, good accuracy, and they're special moves which usually complements the type they're under.

Back