• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any fond memories?

Years
I was born in 2000, so I got Pearl when I was 6 years old. I have played Silver, Sapphire, and Yellow before, but I never even got close to beating them (I think the furthest I got was 6th gym in Sapphire), but Pearl was my first game to ever beat. The funny this is that I didn't grasp the concept of catching and training a full team of 6 Pokemon, so what I only ever used was my Piplup, which quickly got to Empoleon around 3rd-4th gym. I remembering having other Pokemon on my team for HM's, but I never used them. My Empoleon had Rock Smash, which kinda helped him in Volkner's gym. At the champion, I had a lvl 98-99 Empoleon. Let's just say, I might of been bankrupt because of the number of times I lost to Cynthia.

Another good memories of both Pearl and Platinum was the Wi-fi aspect. The GTS gives me nostalgia, battling my now best friend over wi-fi, and those plazas in Platinum were always a fun new way to enjoy the games that gives a break from the slow game.

Do you guys have any fond memories of D/P/P (or maybe some terrible memories)?

Years
I recall the first time I was playing my brother's Diamond playthrough, and his team was so not the best. It literally had a Pikachu and Roselia that like never evolved. But I still loved the hilarious dialogue those Team Galactic grunts had, and the Gym Leaders were quite the challenge back in the day.

Years
I recall the first time I was playing my brother's Diamond playthrough, and his team was so not the best. It literally had a Pikachu and Roselia that like never evolved. But I still loved the hilarious dialogue those Team Galactic grunts had, and the Gym Leaders were quite the challenge back in the day.

I completely forgot about Team Galactic. They kinda posted a threat, as I remember I was (for some 6 year old reason) upset and angered seeing the trio stuck in the testing tubes XD. I think Cyrus was really cool, since he was so invested with the lengendary pokemon (which are interesting in their own right) and making a new Universe, and in Platinum with the whole Distortion world. I will always remember the Cinematic scene on top of Mt. Coronet of the energy waves going through the region. I also remember that I fainted Palkia and my brother got angry when I told him I didn't save before, but rather after defeating it.

Years
I first actually played through it around 2013-2014ish. My biggest memory has to be the brutal battle between Cynthia. That Garchomp was a monster. And like 10 levels ahead of my team.

Don't Get me started on Cynthias team. Not only Garchomp, but the resistance master himself, Spiritomb -_-

P.S. See that your from NJ ;D Cool to meet people in my state on my first day on the forum.

Reactions: Sun
Years
Don't Get me started on Cynthias team. Not only Garchomp, but the resistance master himself, Spiritomb -_-

P.S. See that your from NJ ;D Cool to meet people in my state on my first day on the forum.

And I forgot about Spiritomb lol. Also nice another NJ person! As much as this state is over populated I never see a single person I meet online here ;~;

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The battle with Cynthia was one of the fondest memory from DP, she was insanely strong. Nowadays, I'm still on the fully alerted-mode when ever I battle her. lol

Secondly is Pokemon Wi-Fi Trading with the old friends (who are sadly no longer active) on Pokécommunity.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I was astonished the Day/Night cycle came back, so I loved playing the game at night. I remember I used to stay in Jubilife City all night long just to listen to the music.

Reactions: Sun

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
My level 86 Empoleon OHKOing everything Cynthia had to toss at me...except her bloody Garchomp. Damn that thing.

Years
My best memory was when I got a shiny garchomp in the cave before elite 4.That time I was still looking for a 6th member for my team and boom here appears garchomp!

Back