• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Slice Of Life anime suggestions

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
  • I run out of any so i need suggestions.Please make sure it has some school students in it(ex Danshi kokousei no nichijou,lucky star)and without many feels.My favorites are bold

I have watched:
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ♥♥♥♥ai!
    Danshi Kokousei no nichijou
    Working!!
    Lucky Star!

Seitokai Yakuindomo
    BRS
    Nichijou
    Hataraku Maou Sama
    D-Frag
    Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka?
    K-On
    Hyouka

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Other than slice of life, what else are you looking for? Something funny, serious, etc? Why don't you try..
    - Isshuukan Friends (it's listed as comedy but it's not really? Still cute though)
    - Hyouka (about a club that solves mysteries around the school)
    - K-On! (comedy, about a girl's music club)
    - Clannad (something anime fans should try - it's about a girls solving problems and a bit of romance in the first season, a lot in the second.)
    - Non Non Biyori (not sure if this might fit what you're looking for - the kids do go to school but they live on the countryside so there isn't a lot of typical school-life activities happening)

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Other than slice of life, what else are you looking for? Something funny, serious, etc? Why don't you try..
    - Isshuukan Friends (it's listed as comedy but it's not really? Still cute though)
    - Hyouka (about a club that solves mysteries around the school)
    - K-On! (comedy, about a girl's music club)
    - Clannad (something anime fans should try - it's about a girls solving problems and a bit of romance in the first season, a lot in the second.)
    - Non Non Biyori (not sure if this might fit what you're looking for - the kids do go to school but they live on the countryside so there isn't a lot of typical school-life activities happening)

It has to be slice of life,comedy and at school.My absolute favorite is Lucky Star so i am looking for something that can top it!

I have watched Hyouka,K-On and Clannad forgot to list them though.Clannad has lots of feels so nothing like it please.
    Ishuukan friends looks like it has feels to me or am i wrong?
    Non non Biyori looks nice will try it

Thank you for your suggestions!

Question:Does Kill la Kill fulfill any of the criteria?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It has to be slice of life,comedy and at school.My absolute favorite is Lucky Star so i am looking for something that can top it!

I have watched Hyouka,K-On and Clannad forgot to list them though.Clannad has lots of feels so nothing like it please.
    Ishuukan friends looks like it has feels to me or am i wrong?
    Non non Biyori looks nice will try it

Thank you for your suggestions!

Question:Does Kill la Kill fulfill any of the criteria?

Ah, alright, this helps a lot :) I was just listing SoL that I knew since I wasn't sure. And yeah, Isshuukan Friends has a lot of feelings. Kill la Kill is technically set at a school (doesn't feel like it at all, though) but they do nothing typically school related at all, and it's not a slice of life, but it is definitely comedy.

Have you seen Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? It is listed as a slice of life, comedy, and romance anime. I personally didn't like it that much, however, I've met a dozen other people who have. I think this is as far as I go, haha. Don't watch much slice of life.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hmm... let's see what I can list:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Pretty hard to explain, but gives a rather good laugh
    GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class - SoL revolving girls in an art school
    Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon - Agricultural high school. Not sure about the comedy though, but it's listed in Comedy
    The Chronicles of the Going Home Club/Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - High school girls with epic tsukkomi and constant fourth wall breaking
    Love Lab - High school girls learning about love (or something?)

Can't guarantee about the comedy 'cause it's been a while since I last watched them, aside from Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Ah, alright, this helps a lot :) I was just listing SoL that I knew since I wasn't sure. And yeah, Isshuukan Friends has a lot of feelings. Kill la Kill is technically set at a school (doesn't feel like it at all, though) but they do nothing typically school related at all, and it's not a slice of life, but it is definitely comedy.

Have you seen Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? It is listed as a slice of life, comedy, and romance anime. I personally didn't like it that much, however, I've met a dozen other people who have. I think this is as far as I go, haha. Don't watch much slice of life.

I think i will try non non Biyori for now!Why not whatch a lot of slice of life?
    Hmm... let's see what I can list:

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Pretty hard to explain, but gives a rather good laugh
    GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class - SoL revolving girls in an art school
    Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon - Agricultural high school. Not sure about the comedy though, but it's listed in Comedy
    The Chronicles of the Going Home Club/Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - High school girls with epic tsukkomi and constant fourth wall breaking
    Love Lab - High school girls learning about love (or something?)

Can't guarantee about the comedy 'cause it's been a while since I last watched them, aside from Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku.

How could i forget about baka to test??Such an awesome anime both seasons.
    I will try these as well they look promising enough!
    Thank you as well!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Acchi Kocchi is a great one that hasn't been mentioned yet. There's a little romance in there, but it's very lighthearted.

Years
  • Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
    Guy accidentally discovers the secret hobby of a shy rich girl in his class.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
    Boy who goes to a prestigious art high school is forced to move into another dorm where its occupants behave very oddly. To top it off he is given the responsibility to take care of a foreign girl who cannot take care of herself to the point that she can't even dress properly without assistance.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
    Boy who is a loner at school is forced to join a special club with its only member being abit of a loner herself. They are soon joined by a girl with a bright personality.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
    Guy who is a university student suddenly takes in three girls (ages 14, 10, 3) after the passing of his sister. Things become very hard for him taking care of three girls in a very small apartment.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    Misunderstood boy and a girl with a imaginary friend start a club together to learn how to make friends. Soon other misfit students come to join.

Toradora
    Misunderstood boy and a violent girl discover they have a crush on each other's best friend. So they form a pact to help the other get there crush.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    Overstudying high school girl slowly becomes attracted to a guy who behaves a little oddly.

Golden Time
    Guy who lost his memory right after high school starts going to a law school in Tokyo where he becomes attracted to a girl who is chasing her childhood friend in hopes of making him her boyfriend.

Kotoura-san
    Girl born with a mind reading ability is despised by many people including her own mother one day meets a boy in her class who offers to be her friend.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
    Boy who goes to a prestigious art high school is forced to move into another dorm where its occupants behave very oddly. To top it off he is given the responsibility to take care of a foreign girl who cannot take care of herself to the point that she can't even dress properly without assistance.
    I was just watching this and got through like 90% of it and then quit. It's too serious and sad for me as a slice of life. I mean most of it is super goofy comedy stuff, but when the plot kicks in, it's super depressing. Plus, the problems that they're facing aren't actually that big of a deal, but they act like it's the end of the world. =/

In a way I want to recommend it, but I also really don't.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
    Guy accidentally discovers the secret hobby of a shy rich girl in his class.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
    Boy who is a loner at school is forced to join a special club with its only member being abit of a loner herself. They are soon joined by a girl with a bright personality.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
    Guy who is a university student suddenly takes in three girls (ages 14, 10, 3) after the passing of his sister. Things become very hard for him taking care of three girls in a very small apartment.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    Misunderstood boy and a girl with a imaginary friend start a club together to learn how to make friends. Soon other misfit students come to join.

Toradora
    Misunderstood boy and a violent girl discover they have a crush on each other's best friend. So they form a pact to help the other get there crush.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    Overstudying high school girl slowly becomes attracted to a guy who behaves a little oddly.

Golden Time
    Guy who lost his memory right after high school starts going to a law school in Tokyo where he becomes attracted to a girl who is chasing her childhood friend in hopes of making him her boyfriend.

Kotoura-san
    Girl born with a mind reading ability is despised by many people including her own mother one day meets a boy in her class who offers to be her friend.

I was just watching this and got through like 90% of it and then quit. It's too serious and sad for me as a slice of life. I mean most of it is super goofy comedy stuff, but when the plot kicks in, it's super depressing. Plus, the problems that they're facing aren't actually that big of a deal, but they act like it's the end of the world. =/

In a way I want to recommend it, but I also really don't.

Agree on Sakurasou.It is not as light hearted as it was at first after like...5 episodes i think
    Isnt Kotoura san and Toradora feels and romance anime?I would rather to keep romance at a minimum
    Also if there is any anime like Yondaimasuyo Azazel-san(black humour)I would love to watch it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • How could i forget about baka to test??Such an awesome anime both seasons.
    I will try these as well they look promising enough!
    Thank you as well!

Hmm... How about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I'd be surprised if you haven't watched that.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Ika Musume is another very lighthearted slice of life with no romance. You might like it.

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Have you seen Nisekoi yet? This is one of my favorite slice-of-life shows from the past several months. It's hilarious, and many times it's quite adorable as well. :)

Nisekoi on Crunchyroll.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I would say Kokoro Connect, but there are some feels in it. I love that show though so I would highly recommend that.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Ika Musume is another very lighthearted slice of life with no romance. You might like it.
    Ika Musume is pretty cute!I like it.I have watched it though.I forgot it and didnt list it(again)

Have you seen Nisekoi yet? This is one of my favorite slice-of-life shows from the past several months. It's hilarious, and many times it's quite adorable as well. :)

Nisekoi on Crunchyroll.
    Nisekoi is new right?Might give it a shot.On my watchlist as well

I would say Kokoro Connect, but there are some feels in it. I love that show though so I would highly recommend that.
    I had enough feels with Katawa Shoujo this summer so I am trying to stay away from feels as musch as possible

Monogatari anyone? It's a slice (literally xD) of life... in a way? =D
    I remember watching an amv about it and there was a girl with a knife stabbing other students.Not so sure i want to watch something like that right now(especially if it like School Days)

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Yeah, Nisekoi is pretty new. Shaft Studios animated the series, and I think that their art style really added to the already humorous dialogue. I think you'll like it. :)

Back