• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monoball Challenge

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
  • Description
    Hello Pokécommunity! I'm sure all of you have heard of the Monotype challenge, or the Solo/Mono Pokémon one too. But have you heard of the newest of the bunch, the Monoball challenge?

For those of you not into etymology, Mono means one, so, if you still haven't guessed it...
    If participating in this challenge, any Pokémon that you catch MUST be caught in one type of Pokéball.

Rules
    -Use ONE type of Pokéball. This means, if you get/choose Pokéball, you cannot use your master ball, you may not use your ultra balls, and you may not use dusk balls, etc.
    -You MAY catch shiny Pokémon with other Pokéball types, HOWEVER, if the one they are caught in does not match your 'approved' type, then into the box it goes. Pronto.
    -(Optional, recommended though) HM Slaves MUST ALSO be caught with your Pokéball type.
    -Starters and gift Pokémon DO NOT count, as you have no control over their Pokéball type.
    -You may NOT use egg Pokémon. You could, if you really wanted to, not use this rule, but it just, it feels like cheating to get around it.
    -You may only have ONE traded Pokémon, and it MUST be in the same Pokéball as your elected type. Not the right one? Boxes for everyone

Signup Form
    Code:
    [U][SIZE=4][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][SIZE=4][SIZE=2]Username: 
    In Game Name:
    Game Version:
    Pokéball Type:
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Example (My signup form):
    Spoiler:

Challengers
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Random Pokéball
    While much of this depends on your game, a little help can be given.
    Using the following website, where it says how many numbers, enter 1, and the range should be 1 to i, where i is equal to:
    If playing in Gen I: 4
    If playing in Gen II: 11
    If playing in Gen III: 11
    If playing in Gen IV, but NOT HG/SS: 14
    If playing HG/SS: 21
    If playing Gen V and onwards: 12

Then, once you have your number, refer to the following chart:

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Videos
    Spoiler: