• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eevee won't evolve?

cjlambert

Electric Mouse
Years
  • So I learned about breeding, and decided to try it out in an effort to obtain the three different evolutions of Eevee, in my ongoing journey to Catch 'em all!™

I got my 3 eggs, 2 of which have hatched (the 3rd is being extremely stubborn...) I gave the first newly hatched level 5 Eevee a Fire Stone, and to my surprise, it evolved right there on the spot... I thought you had to level them up while they are holding a stone... *shrug*

Next I gave the second Eevee a Thunderstone, but it didn't evolve. So I went to level it up, got it from level 5 to 12, and still nothing... Confused, I googled. I found a post about how Eevee needs to be happy, and you can check if it's happy by talking to Daisy (your rivals sister) in Pallet Town. With Eevee the first Pokemon on my list, I went there. She said my Pokemon were dirty, and offered to clean them, which I allowed. Then I spoke to her again, and she said something along the lines of, "Your Pokemon need love and care, may I see your first Pokemon? Oh it is very happy!" With it's happiness now confirmed, I went to level it again.

It's now level 19 and still won't evolve. What's going on here?

EDIT: Having the same issue with a level 26 Pikachu.

t0gekiss

Jolteon doesn't evolve through happiness, the only way to evolve it is to use (Not give) a thunderstone. Same goes for Pikachu, Hope this helps!

Back