• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do re mi fa so la ti~

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • (There I go again.)

Do you have any music-related talents, like playing instruments and singing?

I'm horrible at playing instruments (mostly because I'm too lazy to take classes and I'm a quitter) and I'm average at singing. However, my main musical talent is whistling.

EDIT: Are any of you good dancers? I guess that's a musical talent.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I play piano, little guitar, and I compose music in my spare time. I think I'm a pretty average singer.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I play piano, drums, saxophone, a tiny bit of guitar, and can carry a tune. I used to be in a band. we'd play bars, inexplicably, sometimes, even though we were all 16-17. when I hit college in a couple weeks I'm gonna try to get something going again because playing in a band is so much fun.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Yes, I can play the radio.

I used to take guitar lessons when I was younger, but nothing other than a couple of riffs came of it.

Years
  • my main musical talent is whistling.

This is a thoroughly underrated talent if you ask me, coming from a very mediocre whistler. Do you actively practice it or does it just come naturally?

As for me, I used to be pretty handy on piano and guitar, but I've lost a lot in both of those instruments over the years. Right now singing is my main musical outlet. I trained classically in college and very much enjoy choral singing, although I'm just as likely to be found blasting out pop songs in my car.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • This is a thoroughly underrated talent if you ask me, coming from a very mediocre whistler. Do you actively practice it or does it just come naturally?

It just came naturally. I just realized I could whistle, and I've been doing it since.

Years
  • As a child I was a tolerable singer - although not good by any means - but then my voice broke and now I sound like a cat in a blender. As for instruments, despite being able to easily time music and identify time signatures I just have no ability to grasp musical theory nor a talent for instruments at all.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I've been practising guitar for almost five years. My technical abilities and knowledge of music theory is still quite limited however.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to be a flute player in middle school. I really wanted to continue my talent in high school but my counselor thought that taking an extra math class is much more important than music.

Bay

Years
  • I used to be in choir in elementary school for two years, but I remember not liking the girls nor the teacher. Not only that, whenever there was going to be a performance my parents weren't able to drop me to them haha. Otherwise haven't continued with choir nor gotten to try an instrument.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i've been forcefed with instruments and choir classes my whole life until i finally said nope and now i only sing when i really want to. Which is everyday, pretty often, spontaneously, anywhere. I'm not bad either. (8

#fullofherself

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I used to have to pretend to play music in school because I could never get the hand of it and every time we would play a song the teacher would look in my direction and be like "someone here isn't playing it right" x-x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What is your favorite music to sing?
    Pop, really. I tend to mimic the voice and way of singing from the artist involuntarily and have to struggle a bit to sing a song in my own way. Which is a fun challenge.

Years
  • Pop, really. I tend to mimic the voice and way of singing from the artist involuntarily and have to struggle a bit to sing a song in my own way. Which is a fun challenge.

Mimicry is actually pretty common and natural in speech and song, so don't worry, it's genetically hard-wired into our brains! The whole field of Sociolinguistics wouldn't exist if we didn't have this tendency.

I find myself doing this too, especially if I'm singing along with a track. Do you have favorite pop artists?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I was in choir a lot, and I also tried to play the clarinet at one time. :3 I don't think that I'm the best singer though. I just mainly did choir because at the time, I enjoyed being able to sing and such.

Back