• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Should i play emerald during my off time while creating an oras rom hack?

Years
  • Hey guys,

So I played ruby back in the day and I just beat ORAS. I got into modding oras so right now I am not playing any pokemon games but on my free time just doing some 3ds homebrew stuff. So i found out that ORAS is different from emerald and that emerald has some unique content. Which makes me want to play it. Worth it?

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Emerald is an amazing game for sure, probably the one i spent more time in.
    IF you should play it or not while you are creating a rom oras hack, that would depend if you want the oras hack to be related to emerald or are you just playing it for inspiration/fun?
    If you just want inspiration or wanna have fun i would 100% recommend the game

Years
  • I'm currently playing through Emerald for the first time myself. Ruby was always my favorite game back in the day, but nowadays I would say Emerald is the best way to experience Hoenn. Teams Magma and Aqua are both antagonists in the plot, you have access to more pokemon, and there are little tweaks to the game like animated sprites.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Totally worth it. I think it's good to play the older games and see how the series was before, especially considering you've played ORAS. It's fun to see the differences between them as they did change a lot in ORAS. Emerald also has some notable differences from the original Ruby and Sapphire, but I think said differences make the game much more interesting.

Of course, I should also mention that Emerald is my favorite game. I'm shamelessly biased. Haha.

Years
  • To this day, I still feel that the Battle Frontier was one of the biggest battling innovations in the Pokemon series, and that alone was enough to make me want to play in the first place, and then come back for more. And little things like storyline changes, new characters, and new areas to explore definitely make it worth your while to give it a try, especially if it's been a while since you last played Ruby or Sapphire.

Years
  • Emerald is an amazing game for sure, probably the one i spent more time in.
    IF you should play it or not while you are creating a rom oras hack, that would depend if you want the oras hack to be related to emerald or are you just playing it for inspiration/fun?
    If you just want inspiration or wanna have fun i would 100% recommend the game

I am done both my rom hacks for omega ruby and alpha sapphire, I am just doing some save stuff (which takes time) so I am not really looking to base anything off of emerald. If anything just looking to have fun, look back and compare. I played gold and ruby back when i was a kid I loved secret battles and secret mons, but the newer games gen4 and up lacks those, so i am looking back!

I'm currently playing through Emerald for the first time myself. Ruby was always my favorite game back in the day, but nowadays I would say Emerald is the best way to experience Hoenn. Teams Magma and Aqua are both antagonists in the plot, you have access to more pokemon, and there are little tweaks to the game like animated sprites.

Yeah ruby was alot fun on my gameboy advance sp, so are all pokemon catchable in emerald?

Totally worth it. I think it's good to play the older games and see how the series was before, especially considering you've played ORAS. It's fun to see the differences between them as they did change a lot in ORAS. Emerald also has some notable differences from the original Ruby and Sapphire, but I think said differences make the game much more interesting.

Of course, I should also mention that Emerald is my favorite game. I'm shamelessly biased. Haha.

Don't worry about being biased, i am so gonna play emerald :P

To this day, I still feel that the Battle Frontier was one of the biggest battling innovations in the Pokemon series, and that alone was enough to make me want to play in the first place, and then come back for more. And little things like storyline changes, new characters, and new areas to explore definitely make it worth your while to give it a try, especially if it's been a while since you last played Ruby or Sapphire.

Ahh, i am hoping I do not get sweeped by sheer cold, instead I do the sweeping with it, cause in physics absolute zero causing things to collapse into nothingness, which befits that move. One of my favourite moves back then. and Oh gen 3 introduced my 3 favourite mons, spheal, salamence and rayquaza <3

Back