• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only one thing left...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • A zombie virus breaks out in your neighbors garage, and it has spread throughout the city. The military has set up checkpoints so nothing can leave or enter the city, including healthy humans. However, as a last-ditch effort to save those who are left in the city, an airline pilot has landed at the local airport in an attempt to save as many people as possible. He and the co-pilot are allowing you to bring ONE personal item with you, money, and food. You can also bring one person from PC to save (because obviously everyone on PC lives in the same city). OR you can bring a second personal item instead of someone from PC.

What personal item and PC member do you bring? Why?

Or do you save two personal items? Why?

Or do you try and survive on your own with what you have? Why?

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • First, some questions. Where is the plane going? Is it going to a safe place, or to a place where there are more/less/undetermined number of zombies? I'm not sure if I buy the entire outbreak being contained in one city. But, for this scenario's sake (or at least until you answer that question), I'll go ahead and assume the outbreak is contained in the city I'm in.

There are a few people from PC I'd like to save, but I wouldn't want to take a place on the plane. Women and children first and all that. So, with that said, I'd stay in the city and hole myself up in the warehouse I work at. We sell bulk food and there are many heavy, metal doors that lock with latches and keys. There are only two ways to get upstairs - one stairway and an elevator. After moving all the supplies I'd need (and everyone else I convinced to stay behind, a la Titanic style) upstairs, barricading the tiny stairway would be easy. Then I'd just sit there until the military eradicated the outbreak or broke in and killed us, the military gets wiped out and the zombie outbreak infects us all somehow, we get nuked, or our food runs out and we have to go scavenging for more. I wouldn't want too many people to be staying, because of rationing and whatnot, but a group of 10-20 people should be able to survive a few weeks, at most. That's more than enough to last us as long as those scenarios.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • First, some questions. Where is the plane going? Is it going to a safe place, or to a place where there are more/less/undetermined number of zombies? I'm not sure if I buy the entire outbreak being contained in one city. But, for this scenario's sake (or at least until you answer that question), I'll go ahead and assume the outbreak is contained in the city I'm in.

There are a few people from PC I'd like to save, but I wouldn't want to take a place on the plane. Women and children first and all that. So, with that said, I'd stay in the city and hole myself up in the warehouse I work at. We sell bulk food and there are many heavy, metal doors that lock with latches and keys. There are only two ways to get upstairs - one stairway and an elevator. After moving all the supplies I'd need (and everyone else I convinced to stay behind, a la Titanic style) upstairs, barricading the tiny stairway would be easy. Then I'd just sit there until the military eradicated the outbreak or broke in and killed us, the military gets wiped out and the zombie outbreak infects us all somehow, we get nuked, or our food runs out and we have to go scavenging for more. I wouldn't want too many people to be staying, because of rationing and whatnot, but a group of 10-20 people should be able to survive a few weeks, at most. That's more than enough to last us as long as those scenarios.

The outbreak is contained to the city, and the military has prevented all zombies from leaving. However, the population of the city is very high, so there are a ton of zombies. The plane is heading to a safe place 100 miles away. The situation is under control (meaning no escaping zombies), but that could change at any moment.

I think similarly to you in that I would help all women and children get on board. I would run away, but collect as many women and children as possible. Wait, I am in high school, so I guess some dude will force me on the plane. In that case, I am going with you (you better let me). Others are more important than me.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • The outbreak is contained to the city, and the military has prevented all zombies from leaving. However, the population of the city is very high, so there are a ton of zombies. The plane is heading to a safe place 100 miles away. The situation is under control (meaning no escaping zombies), but that could change at any moment.

I think similarly to you in that I would help all women and children get on board. I would run away, but collect as many women and children as possible. Wait, I am in high school, so I guess some dude will force me on the plane. In that case, I am going with you (you better let me). Others are more important than me.
    In that case, I only have one question remaining: are you sure?

If you come with me, you've all but declared "I'm not afraid of murdering others". If you stay with me, in my little warehouse complex, there's absolutely no certainty that we'll survive the apocalypse. My mentality is I'll leave the plane rescue for weaker people who couldn't handle murder. Could you, if required, kill someone else to preserve the safety of yourself? Because you're only useful to mankind if you survive, with one female (assuming you're a dude). What are your motives for staying behind? Are you a gentleman kind of guy, wanting to save the women and children? Or are you of the idea that the "new world" would be better off without your kind, so you'd rather save "better people"?

As for your clarification, my answer's the same. I wouldn't save anyone else from PC, but rather let them board the plane and save someone else (hoping they'd choose women and young users). Especially because "the situation could change at any moment". The world I desire doesn't accommodate people like me.

Sirfetch’d

Well if the world has gone to shit I really wouldn't need my laptop or phone I guess so those items are off my list. I'd probably bring a weapon for survival like one of my old baseball bats or something! As for PC members idk man. User flight seems like she would be fun to have as a partner fighting against zombies 8D

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • In that case, I only have one question remaining: are you sure?

If you come with me, you've all but declared "I'm not afraid of murdering others". If you stay with me, in my little warehouse complex, there's absolutely no certainty that we'll survive the apocalypse. My mentality is I'll leave the plane rescue for weaker people who couldn't handle murder. Could you, if required, kill someone else to preserve the safety of yourself? Because you're only useful to mankind if you survive, with one female (assuming you're a dude). What are your motives for staying behind? Are you a gentleman kind of guy, wanting to save the women and children? Or are you of the idea that the "new world" would be better off without your kind, so you'd rather save "better people"?

As for your clarification, my answer's the same. I wouldn't save anyone else from PC, but rather let them board the plane and save someone else (hoping they'd choose women and young users). Especially because "the situation could change at any moment". The world I desire doesn't accommodate people like me.

I am a guy. A gentlemen kind of guy, save the women and kids. However, who says that women can't be fighters or helpers like us? We save the weaker ones, the ones who can't survive on their own.

As for my own usefulness, my job is different from what you would expect. I would set up a stable hierarchy within our group, coordinate attacks and supply runs, be the strategist. I can lead within the walls, someone else will have have to lead outside. I am a firm believer in the commander or leader fighting alongside his men, it raises morale and inspires them. And that man is not, but someone else. I can lead and coordinate within the safety of our walls, but in the case we have to bug out, my job is to keep our group sane and together. My job will be the strategist, where we should go next. If I do my job, I won't have to kill anyone, or a zombie. But, if I must, I will.

Well if the world has gone to **** I really wouldn't need my laptop or phone I guess so those items are off my list. I'd probably bring a weapon for survival like one of my old baseball bats or something! As for PC members idk man. User flight seems like she would be fun to have as a partner fighting against zombies 8D

If you are going on the plane, i am talking about a personal item because you will be safe from any zombies.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • who says that women can't be fighters or helpers like us?
    To a degree, I do. I don't fancy myself a misogynist by any means, but I am very inclined to favoring women as opposed to men, when humanity hinges on it and everyday life.

As for my own usefulness, my job is different from what you would expect. I would set up a stable hierarchy within our group, coordinate attacks and supply runs, be the strategist.
    So long as you can perform to the the degree I require, I'd take you along. I'd need someone to make decisions for the group. I would carry out the dirty deeds, at the bidding of the leader, but there has to be someone in charge, and I'm not suited for that. So long as you're open to suggestions, I'd have your company.[/QUOTE]

If I do my job, I won't have to kill anyone, or a zombie. But, if I must, I will.
    I'll take care of that for you. No worries,

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • So long as you can perform to the the degree I require, I'd take you along. I'd need someone to make decisions for the group. I would carry out the dirty deeds, at the bidding of the leader, but there has to be someone in charge, and I'm not suited for that. So long as you're open to suggestions, I'd have your company.

Then we must have 3 leaders. Me, and two others. I lead everything non-combat related and strategy for supply runs, etc. The next, will be combat related, leading groups into battle and supply runs, maybe even against other humans. And the last is a fail-safe, keeping us two in check. He makes sure neither of us gets selfish, greedy, and power-hungry. He has the power to veto our decisions and provide an alternate, as well as taking our place if one of us dies.

I'll take care of that for you. No worries

Then its a deal!

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Then we must have 3 leaders. Me, and two others. I lead everything non-combat related and strategy for supply runs, etc. The next, will be combat related, leading groups into battle and supply runs, maybe even against other humans. And the last is a fail-safe, keeping us two in check. He makes sure neither of us gets selfish, greedy, and power-hungry. He has the power to veto our decisions and provide an alternate, as well as taking our place if one of us dies.!
    I'd take that the remaining non-combat position, so long as it wasn't publicly obvious. I'm not the best when it comes to strategizing, nor the duties of rationing. On the surface, for my scenario, there would only be two "leaders", one for domestic purposes and one for the risky outside adventures. But I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to hold the final say when it comes to our little survival group. However, if either of the other leaders die, I'd find someone else to take the post.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'd take that the remaining non-combat position, so long as it wasn't publicly obvious. I'm not the best when it comes to strategizing, nor the duties of rationing. On the surface, for my scenario, there would only be two "leaders", one for domestic purposes and one for the risky outside adventures. But I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to hold the final say when it comes to our little survival group. However, if either of the other leaders die, I'd find someone else to take the post.

The only way to keep the two in check is if that final slot was hidden from the others. Only the best and most trustworthy in our group should know.

What is the goal of our group? Simply survive? Take in other survivors? Act as a sort of police, setting up safe zones and such for others? Or going on the offensive, eradicated both human and zombie threats? Does our goal change over time?

We should probably be acquainted with each other prior to the apocalypse, so Ill send you a little friend request if thats ok.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What personal item and PC member do you bring? Why?
    Survival kit and Peitharchia/Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Survival Kit is too obvious, self-explanatory. Taking Ashley as we've been having a great convo since around last year, she seems to be a wise yet caring person. Or Luke as he's actually a great person and I think he's ready to bust some zombies with me. :D

Years
  • I have two personal things that I would get: my phone and its charger. And, uh, I'll get my pair (joexv, btw). #loyaltiltheend

Back