• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX's OU Team [Need Help]

JadeX

Prince
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Overview :
    395.png
    149.png
    121.png
    Spr_5b_445_m.png
    620.png
    212.png

infernape.png

Infernape
    Naive
    Blaze
    Focus Sash
    252 Sp. Atk / 64 Atk / 194 Spe
    Fake Out
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Stealth Rock

Standard Infernape Lead which have proven itself capable of taking down opponent's lead (sometimes not setting up SR just to do that ) .
    1 HP + Blaze Fire Blast

scizor.png

Scizor
    Adamant
    Technician
    Choice Band
    252 Atk / 244 HP / 12 Spe
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power
    Pursuit
    U-Turn

Standard CB Scizor . Speed of 12 just to outspeed opponent's Scizor ( 8 EV Speed Scizor is rather common nowdays I think ) . Nothing really much to say but Scizor is indeed a rather frightening pokemon .

dragonite.png

Dragonite
    Adamant
    Inner Focus
    Lum Berry
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Extreme Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Outrage

Adamant , 134 Atk , 252 EV Atk = High damage Extreme Speed .
    If possible , set up 1-2 Dragon Dance and tries following Dragon Dance Salamence ' footstep .
    Lum Berry to prevent Toxic/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp from stopping its sweep.

garchomp.png

Garchomp
    Naive
    Sand Veil
    Choice Band
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Stone Edge

Well , Choice Band +Speed Garchomp is fast enough to run fast enough in the game . Choice Band Outrage really hurts .

kojondo_by_xous54-d34frc0.png

Kojondo
    Jolly
    Regenerate
    Life Orb
    252 Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Fake Out
    U-Turn
    Stone Edge
    High Jump Kick

A standard LO Kojondo . This pokemon actually started as a lead with Focus Sash . Well , not sure what pokemon to slot in for this slot so might as well try out this pokemon out

starmie.png

Starmie
    Timid
    Nature Cure
    Life Orb
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Boiling Water
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Fire

Boiling Water + Bolt Beam combo pokemon .
    Hidden Fire often surprises pokemon as they switch in Steel pokemon ( like Nattorie) when they sees Starmie .
    Dropped Rapid Spin due to decline of Stealth Rock .

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Stealth Rock's usage hasn't declined at all. :\ Not to mention Nattorei is the #1 most used pokemon and Forry and Skarm are in the top 22 usage wise so you have Spikes and T-Spikes to worry about too lol.

Anyway Fire Fang is better over Blast on CB Chomp it does more output damage wise and doesnt make you cut chompys good defenses.

Id use Roobushin over Kojondo honestly since you're horrifically Doryuuzu weak.

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • I think you're team is very good! Though not too original. XD;
    Uuuum, I'd say from experience, replace the choice band of Garchomp for a choice scarf. Trust me, it comes in a lot more handy than the extra power. It's good for DanceMence, DanceKing, DanceMoth, Shell smashers, who have gotten one boost in.
    And I I'd say drop the Starmie... I mean, if you REALLY want the diversity in a special attacker, Stamie is your man, star, thing. But, there are probably other special attackers worth your time. You're team doesn't have many powerful sweepers... So I would recommend trying maybe Shell Smash? Gorebyss makes excellent work with this. And with the abundance of Rain, you can snag the effect of Swift Swim for your own doing.

That's my opinion. ^^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Id use Roobushin over Kojondo honestly since you're horrifically Doryuuzu weak.
    I agree with replacing Kojondo with Roobushin:
    -Bulk Up
    -Mach Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Guts

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If you're going for Roobushin, I suggest having Payback over Stone Edge on the set that PlatinumDude gave. Because Payback has higher accuracy while Stone Edge has lower accuracy and is only really useful against Shandera.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're going for Roobushin, I suggest having Payback over Stone Edge on the set that PlatinumDude gave. Because Payback has higher accuracy while Stone Edge has lower accuracy and is only really useful against Shandera.

And Salamence, Gyarados, <anything flying> lol. Payback also lets you lose vs Cofagrigus due to Mummy.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • It's actually a smarter move to run less Speed EVs than foe Scizor because if they try to Superpower you, you can hit them at -1 Def with your own Superpower and dish out more damage as a result.

Back