• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sunny dayzzz; OU Sun Team RMT

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Hello PC! Haven't been active for awhile but here's a little Sun team I've been working on over the holiday, I know it's lacking one pokemon for now but that'll be sorted soon! Just wanted a quick rate on how stable the team is at the moment! I'll include more detailed descriptions on each poke and whack some pictures in later, thankyou!

38.png

Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Drought
    252Hp | 120SpDef | 136Spe
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Protect
    ~ Hypnosis
    Drought Ninetales for obvious reasons, main lead to get the Sun high and rising. She also makes a decent support with WoW and Hypnosis, although I think there could be a better option rather than Protect as all it can really do is clock up burn damage.

3.png

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    Chlorophyll
    4HP | 252SpAtk | 252Spe
    ~ Growth
    ~ SolarBeam
    ~ HP Fire
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    This guys my main hitter on the special spectrum of the team, absolute boss with the sun behind him when he gets a Growth under his belt! SolarBeam and Sludge Bomb for two hard hitting STAB moves and HP Fire for any pesky steels who think they can wall him.

59.png

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Flash Fire
    72HP | 252Atk | 184Spe
    ~ Flare Blitz
    ~ Extremespeed
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Morning Sun
    Now a physical attacker is needed, I thought Arc would be perfect for the job with such powerful moves in his arsenal, and a very good priority move with Extremesped. I want him to stay in as long as possible for max effect so I've put some HP Ev's on him aswell as Morning Sun, since with the Sun active it restores a lot of HP.

205.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Sturdy
    252HP | 4Def | 252SpeDef
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Rapid Spin
    After seeing two Fire types on my team it was obvious Rocks would play a big part in recking this team, so I though if you can't beat them, join them, and also spin away their rocks at the same time with this guy. He also has good synthergy with Flash Fire Arcanine.

196.png

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Timid Nature
    Magic Bounce
    252HP | 4SpAtk | 252Spe
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ HP Fire
    ~ Psychic
    I've always wanted to use a Magic Bounce Espeon and I thought now would be the perfect choice with the Dual Screens set. Play her in when Rocks are going to be put up, bouce them back, set up screens and bring in Saur or Arc to wreck stuff.

For my last Pokemon I think I need some more Physical bulk as Forry is really my only wall and I have two frail 'supporters' (Esp and Tales) Perhaps Gliscor.

472.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish Nature
    Poison Heal
    252HP | 184Def | 72Spe
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Fang
    ~ Protect
    ~ Swords Dance
    That's just an idea for now though, thanks for reading and please leave a comment!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    Hmm looks like a good team, don't really see any changes but on Venasaur why not run Giga Drain over Solarbeam? In case any other weather inducer comes in like Drizzle Politoed, Solarbeam will be pretty much useless :/ Idk though its up to you

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hmm looks like a good team, don't really see any changes but on Venasaur why not run Giga Drain over Solarbeam? In case any other weather inducer comes in like Drizzle Politoed, Solarbeam will be pretty much useless :/ Idk though its up to you

The reason why SolarBeam is there instead of Giga Drain is because Giga Drain is illegal on Chlorophyll Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur, since all of them are males and can't pass down their abilities by breeding.

If an alternative is to be used, go with Energy Ball, but you can keep SolarBeam if you want.

Calamity

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Thanks for looking and commenting! Venusaur would be awesome if I could have Giga on it since Life Orb takes its toll quite a lot, I think I might give Venu Energy Ball since other weather induces can stop Solarbeam and basically end up with him getting knocked out. I've decided to swap Espeon for the bulky DDnite set since she was way to frail and screens didn't really do much for me.

I also need a better set for Ninetales if anyone could please help?!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • On Ninetales, Hypnosis has rather unreliable accuracy. I don't use it myself, personally. Tbh, I don't use any moves with less than 70% accuracy, as it becomes a game of luck. And, with Will-O-Wisp, you can't put the opponent to sleep at the same time. There are a lot of other options. I notice you don't have any Psychic-type moves (since you're replacing Espeon), so perhaps Psyshock. This allows you to even the odds if you end up staller VS staller against Pokemon like Blissey. Personally, with Protect, I like it. Burn damage on the opponent, and Leftovers recover on you.

Remember, you can always test it, then change it if you don't like it. It's up to you.

Calamity

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I've given Arc CB and replaced Morning Sun with Wild Charge, just to see how it goes.

And thanks for the advice Deoxys, I've learnt Hypnosis sucks the hard way haha, I'm thinking of going for a much more attacking set to get the best out of her, since even with a defensive set she gets 2KO'ed from most standard OU mons.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I've given Arc CB and replaced Morning Sun with Wild Charge, just to see how it goes.

And thanks for the advice Deoxys, I've learnt Hypnosis sucks the hard way haha, I'm thinking of going for a much more attacking set to get the best out of her, since even with a defensive set she gets 2KO'ed from most standard OU mons.

Even with giving Ninetales an attacking set, Psyshock could still be a good option. I've learned that generally, if you can have Psyshock in an appropriate spot on your team, use it. It's great for dealing with special walls.

Calamity

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I was going with this set;
    Overheat
    Energy Ball
    HP Fighting
    WoW, but Psyshock seems quite nice, I'll try it over WoW thanks! :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Psyshock does nothing for Ninetales IMO. With a mediocre base 80 Special Attack, it isn't going to be defeated Blissey any time soon.

Ninetales @Life Orb/Leftovers
    Drought
    Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
    252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting / Hypnosis

This is the set most people run. Just don't use Psyshock. It has much better and more rewarding options over it.

Back