• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Illegal Pokémon that NPCs have, and other funny stuff.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I know Lance has all kinds of illegal Pokémon on his teams. Namely his Dragonites and his Aerodactyl.

In the final rival battle in Crystal, his Feraligatr (Lv. 50) used WATER GUN on me. I couldn't help but chuckle.

What moments have you had?

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • In just the first two Gens? Well there are several in Stadium 2 if that counts. They are:

- A Blastoise with Mirror Coat and Haze
    - A Raichu with Surf and Reversal
    - A Nidorina with Charm and Body Slam
    - A Clefable with Charm, Mega Punch and Mega Kick
    - An Exeggcutor with Ancientpower and Explosion

All TECHNICALLY legal, but the problem is the combinations of moves make them illegal, because most of these are Gen II-only Egg moves combined with Gen I TMs, and if a Pokemon knows a Gen II move it can't interact with Gen I at all.

In the main games, Pryce's Piloswine knows Fury Attack two levels early rather than having illegal moves. Also in Stadium 2, a Porygon in the Little Cup has Recover at level 5, and Porygon can't breed anyways.

Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_move_errors

Reactions: Sun

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • In just the first two Gens? Well there are several in Stadium 2 if that counts. They are:

- A Blastoise with Mirror Coat and Haze
    - A Raichu with Surf and Reversal
    - A Nidorina with Charm and Body Slam
    - A Clefable with Charm, Mega Punch and Mega Kick
    - An Exeggcutor with Ancientpower and Explosion

All TECHNICALLY legal, but the problem is the combinations of moves make them illegal, because most of these are Gen II-only Egg moves combined with Gen I TMs, and if a Pokemon knows a Gen II move it can't interact with Gen I at all.

In the main games, Pryce's Piloswine knows Fury Attack two levels early rather than having illegal moves. Also in Stadium 2, a Porygon in the Little Cup has Recover at level 5, and Porygon can't breed anyways.

Source: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_move_errors

Oh wow! I used Porygon all the time in Stadium 2! I never noticed that.

Years
  • For me the most noticable is Falkner's Pidgeotto. It's evolved a few levels earlier than it is normaly able too. There's also the fact that if your rival picks a certain starter, he can also get an illegal evolution.

Years
  • Well in r,b,y, ,green, there was that lvl 9 pidgeotto that I'd run into (can't exactly remember which version. So falkners was legit. I had ran into a low lvl growlithe I believe in gold or crystal. Yeah there's been a few illegals but I don't exactly recall them lol.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • LANCE WITH LV. 53 DRAGONITES W/ BARRIER AND AN AERODACTYL WITH ROCK SLIDE >_>

best cheater ever :D

Back