• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four

Years
  • Of all the regions so far, what has been your favourite E4? Were there any members of any of the E4s that you found particularly challenging? What types do you want to see more in the E4?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Sinnoh Elite four are my favourites, to me they are the most memorable. In Platinum they have such strong teams that actually test you to your limits, especially when comparing to the Kalos Elite Four who each only have 4 Pokemon.

Something I would like to see them add to the Elite Four is revives, having them revive their Pokemon would certainly increase the challenge aspect to what they should be.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm with Unova's Pokémon League. Shauntal, Marshal and Caitlyn have given the most difficult challenge

Though the Champion that really struck me hard was Cynthia, from the Sinnoh region.

I would like to see a tough Grass-type in the future, I wanna see how insane the Grass-type can get if they are part of the Elite Four.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Sinnoh and Unova are hardest ever it's ain't cake walk on Sinnoh unlike Kalos wasn't very tough and just easy as pie.
    Love to see Normal-Type and Fairy-type members of the elite four it should spice things up.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Hoenn Elite Four Would be the most challenging for me, through the fourth elite member Drake was hard to defeat after all it has all dragon type Pokemons and same goes for the wallace(strong water type Pokemons).I would like to see a Poison Elite four in the games, i would like to see how will it change the play of Elite Four.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Actually there's already a poison-type elite four.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Collectively I'd say Johto has the best average of which members I like most, but going by a Rate & Divide system I came up with, these are the results...

Kanto: 2.25 (Lorelei 4, Bruno 2, Agatha 2, Lance 1)
    Johto: 2.75 (Will 3, Koga 2, Bruno 2, Karen 4)
    Hoenn: 3.00 (Sidney 1, Phoebe 2, Glacia 5, Drake 4)
    Sinnoh: 1.50 (Aaron 0, Bertha 1, Flint 1, Lucian 4)
    Unova: 2.75 (Shauntal 4, Marshal 2, Grimsley 3, Caitlin 2)
    Kalos: 2.50 (Malva 3, Siebold 3, Wikstrom 1, Drasna 3)

Were you to factor in Champions, however...
    Kanto: 2.20 (Blue 2)
    Johto: 2.40 (Lance 1)
    Hoenn: 3.00 / 3.20 (Steven 3 / Wallace 4)
    Sinnoh: 1.80 (Alder 3)
    Unova: 2.8 (Iris 3)
    Kalos: 2.2 (Diantha 1)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Elite Four members we had in Hoenn were the toughest for me to go through, with second being Kanto's (especially Lance). As for my favorite, it's Hoenn's. As I've said, they were definitely a challenge, but overcoming that challenge and finally reaching Steven or Wallace could make you feel rewarded. This is how I've felt. Aside from that, they also seem to complement each other pretty well!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Kanto's E4 is my favorite group of E4 then Johto's, which was the region I found to be most challenging. Friggin' Koga poisoning me all day every day and Will's annoying confusion tactics. The rest are ehh, I never really found them challenging so they're really not that memorable to me, especially anything after Hoenn. I couldn't tell you their names or typings.

Years
  • My fave Elite Four is Unova's, due to the members' unique and differing designs and personalities along with using some very strong types and Pokemon. Shauntal's my fave of that bunch, because of her powerful Chandelure which can be quite a challenge to fight in itself, especially in B2/W2's Challenge Mode.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • One favourite is the Hoenn Elite Four:

2de499977590c59fac01a80ec307d7df.jpg

While not much in the personality department, I really enjoyed battling Hoenn's Elite four, and the music to battle them is really outstanding! Plus they were actually pretty tough, like you've gotta watch out for Drake's Salamence Dragon Dancing, Phoebe's pokemon can confuse and curse your pokemon, etc.

Another favorite is a cross between the Unova's and Sinnoh's elite four for almost the same reasons, but eh, Hoenn wins for me by just a small margin!

Years
  • I also am a major fan of the Unova Elite Four. Marshal is my favorite Elite Four member ever, as you actually get to see him outside of such even if his role isn't that important, but I like that they tried to make him worth something. That and his Fighting-type Pokémon can be very strong. The rest of the members I all found quite interesting, and B2W2's Challenge Mode makes their teams really cool to battle, like Caitlin's Metagross.

Back