• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokken Tournament - Console release

Will you be buying the game for the Wii U?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • I'm sorry but this looks a bit like an over glorified smash bros.
    I don't think will be getting it but I can't deny that new pikachu is really cute and the graphics are stunning :)

On the side, anyone know why the shift to Pokkén rather than Pokemon?

Years
  • I'm pumped for this. I can't wait to see what other Pokemon they add to the roster. I hope they add a lot more, since its now on a console and not an arcade platform.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Blaziken! Those combos that TastySteve was pulling off looked absolutely delicious. Without a doubt that I'm picking this up, but I decided that long ago if it got a hypothetical Wii U release, haha. (also spooky went 0 - 2 ;____;, also se jun was legit doing okay, even though I don't think he plays fighting games)

I'm sorry but this looks a bit like an over glorified smash bros.
    Can I ask you clarify that? Just genuinely curious on how you came to that conclusion, since all comparisons end with both series/games containing Pokémon as the only thing remotely similar. The fact that Pokkén moves has 3D movement, barring Dual Phase, is enough to show that it doesn't play like Smash Bros. in any way shape or form aside from a similar control scheme.

On the side, anyone know why the shift to Pokkén rather than Pokemon?
    It's an amalgamation between Pokémon and Tekken since it's being created by Namco Bandai's Tekken team essentially.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Exclusive Wii U release is expected, as Pokémon is a property of Nintendo. Nevertheless, I believe it's gonna help Pokémon/Game Freak is the game sees a Play Station release.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here another fact--

tumblr_ntftmi6LAW1st1xkjo1_500.gif

Blaziken seem to shooting "Fire Ball" from its arm !
    But I don't remember Blaziken learning any attack that involve shooting "Fire Ball" from its arm .
    So , What is that Attack ???

Not to mention--
    tumblr_ntftmi6LAW1st1xkjo2_500.gif

This attack where Blaziken firing some sort of Beam !
    Is it really Flamethrower ?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm all of a sudden hugely interested in this game now. I knew there was a good reason for me buying a Wii U.

enough of these spin offs tho where's my main title

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • The roster looks good so far. IMO Mewtwo doesn't fit well to fighting games because it's way too strong but it would've been interesting to see Mega Mewtwo X there.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The roster looks good so far. IMO Mewtwo doesn't fit well to fighting games because it's way too strong but it would've been interesting to see Mega Mewtwo X there.

He's also one of the worst characters there. Canon strength doesn't really matter. :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I'm sorry but this looks a bit like an over glorified smash bros.
    I don't think will be getting it but I can't deny that new pikachu is really cute and the graphics are stunning :)

In a way it kinda seems like it but the graphics are pretty good and they focus on all pokemon so its pretty exciting i just hope there will be length to the game.

The only thing im worried about are new moves which ive seen some possibilities in the trailers.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah they're not gonna limit themselves to just Pokemon moves. That's dumb.

Pika has more Tekken moves than Pokemon moves in this heh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The roster looks good so far. IMO Mewtwo doesn't fit well to fighting games because it's way too strong but it would've been interesting to see Mega Mewtwo X there.
    Funny , Most people think Mewtwo isn't strong enough to beat War-Greymon!

I think it's most likely that it's just a made-up attack for the game. I'm pretty sure that's been done before, haha.

Its from an official Game So its not Made-Up attack !
    Its a Canon attack for this game , But I need to know its name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    They can still make-up moves for it if they want, though. If anything, it might be Flare Blitz.

Nah , It looks more like "Flame Burst" !
    But , No idea about that Blaziken's "Kamehameha" ! It could be Overheat or Heat Wave.
    I wonder if we get to see Infernape . Considering he's the Monkey king pokemon that use Monkey kang-fu.
    Plus , Infernape's head flame make him look like Super Sayan !
    I bet , he will use his flame on head as a whip to fight.
    But , I guess we have to wait until he gets his Mega form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Guy , I found the name of some Burst move--
    tumblr_nthx6wqGli1tq2gvco1_540.jpg

Lets see--

--Lucario's Burst move : Aura Blast

--Pikachu's Burst move: Volt shock fist

--Machamp's Burst move : Dynamic Fury

--Gardevoir's Burst move: Fairy Tempest

--Weavile's Burst move : Sonic Slash

--Suicone's Burst move: True Sheer Cold

--Charizard : Searing Blaze

--Gengar's Burst move : Shadow Drop

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Those moves sound really cool. Especially Gardevoir's and Charizard's. I don't think I've seen Gardevoir's burst move (Missed it during the livestream!) but I think I'd like Charizard's more anyway. It looks SUPER powerful

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I don't currently have a Wii U, but I do plan to eventually get one.

Would I buy Pokken Tournament? Honestly... no. Not unless there's some changes. Fighting games already struggle to earn their worth in my gaming library, as I get bored of most of them pretty fast. They're great rentals, but after about a week I just have nothing left to do. That's when a fighter has good mechanics and a sizable roster. Pokken Tournament... has a very small roster. Unless the roster size at least doubles for home release, I don't see myself ever buying it... and even if the roster doubles, I'll be waiting for a major price drop.

Back