• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Metagross

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2017
    it's strong yes, but it has its checks and counters too. pls if 8 yr olds were to spam it, they would spam giga impact and aerial ace.

8 year old would spam probably anything that looks big and strong like mega mence and mega meta. Anyways, diverging from the interest of 8 year olds, I just wanted to hear the opinions the NA has and it seems that anything that has enough checks and counters will not be banned which seems reasonable.

P.S. why aerial ace?????

Years
  • mega metagross isn't banned on smogon tho lol. black kyurem has 700 bst but it isnt banned o/

That's because Black Kyurem couldn't have anything less to use its Ice-type STAB on its massive Attack stat. With Mega Metagross, it didn't get much new in the way of things to use, and it gained two new weaknesses in this generation, making it easier to contend with.

I for one advocate this rule, maybe then we'll have less stupid garbage running around.

Mods can we make this happen here? :)

Then that'd ban Slaking too :P And Mega Gyarados (which, admittedly got Crunch in ORAS but is still susceptible to Bug and Fighting-type attacks as opposed to its not Mega counterpart). And Mega Aggron (which doesn't have too much separating it from other Megas). I think this would be rather impractical.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah don't teach Metagross (or any Pokemon) Giga Impact. Also, internet competitive battling communities aren't restricted to specific countries....because it's the internet.

But back to Mega Metagross.....

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    That's because Black Kyurem couldn't have anything less to use its Ice-type STAB on its massive Attack stat. With Mega Metagross, it didn't get much new in the way of things to use, and it gained two new weaknesses in this generation, making it easier to contend with.
    dude i know... :x you could always use freeze shock!!

anyway i dont think theres much to talk about mega metagross now tbh, but meh we could still continue.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2017
    All i wanted to know was the general opinion of the North Americans (trying not to sound offensive...if it is sorry...). I usually play on korea's and japan's battling forums and they always put mega metagross on banned lists (Mostly for korea) for casual battling so i dunno....

Back