• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your attacks?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you were to create your own Pokémon attacks, how would they work, and what would you call them? What kind of Pokémon would be able to learn these moves?

If it were up to me, one thing I would put together is something that raises your maximum amount of health during battles. This would be behaving similarly to any other stat-boosting moves out there, and could be taught to most normal- and fairy-type Pokémon. Pokémon from other typing-groups would have chance to learn it as well, but not as many in comparison.

Another attack I would create is "Lava Claw." It would be having high chance of landing a critical hit, and would be learned by almost all fire- and ground-types.

Years
  • Heavy all out attack or s attack moves (120-150 power) that don't have a use penalty such as User Stat reduction, Confusing the user, poor Accuracy or having to recharge the next turn.

Also more moves that are high powered with 100% hit rate.

More high power moves that can break trough Protect, Detect etc.

A move that could 1 hit KO a pokemon with Sturdy Ability.

Basically moves that Benoit Pokemon with high speed and attack or s attack stats so you could sweep an opponents team quickly.

Also a priority move that allows you to switch out a Pokemon and replace it with another (like U-turn and volt switch) but instead of attacking it protects the Pokemon it replaces from taking any damage from an opponents attack.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

A multi-hitting move that deals random-but in a certain range-damage. Think of something like Fury Attack, but since the user basically is throwing punches or whatever, you could never say whether he's gonna be dealing good damage or not. I'd probably stick with that name.

A remake of another pre-existing move: Tri Attack. It is now a fixed, multi-hitting (3x) attack, similar to Double-kick, dealing Fire, Electric, and Ice damage separately. The base power of each attack is 40, and may be affected by weather: Rain grants an electric attack, but removes the fire one; Sunny grants an extra fire, removes Ice; Hail an extra ice, removes... electric? Sandstorm makes it completely ground type. Each attack has a 10% chance of inflicting it's dedicated status. Castform and other pokemon capable of learning thunderbolt/flamethrower/ice beam will now have this in their learnset (be it by leveling up, or thru a new TM)

A bug-type move/s that inflicts a more powerful version of paralysis; since many types of predatorial bugs/insects use such method to disable and/or gain advantage over their prey. It won't hinder the affected pokemon's speed, but it has a significantly higher chance of triggering (rendering action). It also has a chance of wearing off (even whilst benched out); much unlike confusion, it doesn't vanish by merely switching. It will not give the usual electric/yellow animation of paralysis when it triggers (probably a twitching effect instead), to show the difference.

Moves that, much like pledges, fusion(resh/zek), rollout or charge, have added effects before/after they are used by another one. Examples are: Tackle or any body-spearing move of the like used after Agility will instead grant Quick Attack/Extreme Speed on that turn; Electric Move + phys move = volt tackle/bolt strike; Twister/Whirlwind/Hurricane + fire type = high-powered fire spin; Earthquake/Magnitude/Fissure + fire = Eruption; (Used by a poke with lightningrod) Thunder Wave + offensive,non-contact/physical electric type = zap cannon; and more creative combos. Yes, this was inspired from the many instances in the anime, where Ash/co would come up with new stuff to overcome obstacles while they're in a pinch.

Well, these probably sound more like changes, but as newer moves are made under such conditions, I think old moves are valid for such change to blend with the new mechanics. Sorry for not exactly sticking to the topic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Remaking Tri-Attack would be pretty sweet, I imagine.

It's a one-of-a-kind move, so to speak, as it utilizes there of our most important Pokémon types out there, which would be fire, ice, and electric. If it were changed, in a way, to take better advantage of said typing, I believe its usage would rise by miles. That's a great thing!

I feel it would also be great had there been other variations of Mega Punch. Current, we've got Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Drain Punch; if they were to introduce Aqua Punch and Grass Punch, too, and perhaps even Shadow, Ghost, and Dragon Punch, it wouldn't be so bad.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I would love to see a series of type-immunity-busting attacks come to fruition just to see how they'd shake up the meta game:

Corrosion Acid
    Poison/Special
    Power - 65
    Accuracy - 95
    Can hit Steel-type pokémon for double the base power

Geothermal Voltage
    Electric/Special
    Power - 65
    Accuracy - 95
    Can hit Ground-type pokémon for double the base power

Stalagmite Cannon
    Ground/Special
    Power - 65
    Accuracy - 95
    Can hit Flying-type pokémon for double the base power

Righteous Mindwave
    Psychic/Special
    Power - 65
    Accuracy - 95
    Can hit Dark-type pokémon for double the base power

...etc.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • Well first off, a Dark type move that's over 100 power. Don't know what it would do though. Maybe a blast kind of thing. It would probably be called Night Blast. Or maybe something using a sword.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Geotherm
    Fire Type
    70 Power
    90% Accuracy
    Does 2x damage to pokemon on the ground

Cook
    Fire Type
    100 power
    100% accuracy
    Heals 2/3 of the damage done to a resisting target, 1/2 damage done to neutral target, 1/3 damage done to target weak to fire

Blow Dry
    Flying Type
    20 Power
    80% Accuracy
    Changes the Target's ability to dry skin

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Moves such as Corrosion Acid and Stalagmite Cannon would be pretty interesting to see make it into the games, I imagine. It'd help elevating certain Pokémon and lend them a hand on overcoming some of their weakness. Attacks like this would also catch opponents off-guard, I feel, especially those who are new to the series, making things even more easy, possibly.

I'm also fond of the idea of ability-changing moves, haha. There are some out there already, but none of them seem to go used; if there were a wider range of selection, though, I believe our story would be slightly more different.

If some of these moves are damage-dealing, then even better; hopefully, changes of them being utilized would be raised higher!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Nerve Shock
    Electric-Special
    Power: 50
    Accuracy: 95%
    Description: The user throws a bioelectric pulse against the enemy, which numbs the nerve system. It has a 75% chance of lowering Attack or Sp. Attack by 2 levels and a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.

Reality Chain

Steel-status
    Power: --
    Accuracy: 100%
    Description: The user throws an illusionary chain at the enemy that solidifies upon contact. It lowers Evasion by 1 level and makes Fairy type pokemon vulnerable against Dragon Type attacks.

Magic Burst
    Fairy-Special
    Power: 110
    Accuracy: 85
    Description: The user sends a dense wave of mystical energy against the enemy.

Shady Dance
    Dark-Physical
    Power: 100
    Accuracy: --
    Description: The user forces the enemy into a dark dimension and attacks with a flurry of attacks from every angle. The attack never fails, however, due to the needed effort, the user's Defense and Sp. Defense lower by 1 level and Speed by 2 levels

I tought about them right now, so they might be too risky or too powerful moves XD

AriArk

Survey Corps
    Years
  • Plasma Ray
    Electric
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 95
    Description: Sends a burning ray of Plasma energy towards the enemy. Does Fire damage as well as Electric and has a 30% chance to cause 'Burning Shock', which is like a mix of burn and paralysis, but it does not affect attack or speed

Back