• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered A RebooT [Build 8]

What feature would you like?

• New kinds of battles like inverse

Votes: 45 17.6%
  • Long but Great Sidequests

Votes: 144 56.3%
  • Sevii Overhaul

Votes: 99 38.7%
  • More Pokemon

Votes: 102 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Possible new features:
    Note: This are all features that I might put in if PC members think that it would be great otherwise i'm not gonna put them in so I need feedback on these.
    Spoiler:

I like those features especially the first & the third. that's my opinion

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    You should properly resize those trainer sprites, it really doesn't look nice when you just squash them so they fit. You need to learn how to use the tree shadows too, FR trees can look good but only if used correctly.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm back with some more thingys.

- Too many butterfrees on Route 3. Aqua's butterfree is also bullcrap. Not only do they have stats higher than most things at that point, they have near-perfect accuracy with Sleep Powder with Compound Eyes. Lower them to level 10 or replace them with Beedrill. Beedrill are not utter bullcrap, as they can't learn Sleep Powder.

- The issue with giving everyone healing items and slapping oran/sitrus berries on everyone is that it doesn't increase the difficulty. It just makes the game much more annoying (Oh, you get a 2 hit KO? Haha screw you).

That's all for now.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • You should properly resize those trainer sprites, it really doesn't look nice when you just squash them so they fit. You need to learn how to use the tree shadows too, FR trees can look good but only if used correctly.

Yeah spriting's not my strong suit.. Anything that is related to graphics isnt my strong suit haha so yeah might change it in the future though.. about the tree shadows.. I don't think I've mapped anything with trees except the secret shop and mt moon.. so if those need some correction i'll check them out.

I'm back with some more thingys.

- Too many butterfrees on Route 3. Aqua's butterfree is also bullcrap. Not only do they have stats higher than most things at that point, they have near-perfect accuracy with Sleep Powder with Compound Eyes. Lower them to level 10 or replace them with Beedrill. Beedrill are not utter bullcrap, as they can't learn Sleep Powder.

- The issue with giving everyone healing items and slapping oran/sitrus berries on everyone is that it doesn't increase the difficulty. It just makes the game much more annoying (Oh, you get a 2 hit KO? Haha screw you).

That's all for now.

Hey its the same for them, i think theyre annoyed when you use potions XD but I might remove all the items when I somehow figure out how to disable the usage of healing items in the battle.

And again they dont have that much of a raised stat but raised EV stat it has nothing to do with the level.. Rivals have custom EV, IV and movesets..

Edit: I've found a way to disable healing items in battle after researching a bit of the item data structure of gen 3 because of Tudou's Idea, I think that disabling the items in battle is the way to go that way no one will be annoyed xD I'll provide a new patch either tomorrow or May 08 stay tuned for that.

Edit: Finished removing trainer Items and also removed the users capability to use items in battle.
    Check out the OP for the new patch. Will work on Beta 2 after I finish my own playthrough of
    the game. Cheers!

Last edited:
    Years
  • so.... made it to the rival near the nugget bridge thing

level 24 ivysaur with sludge bomb and i cant use items.... (but i noticed trainers still can?), now fuck am i suppose to do now XD

good looking hack overall tho, love the idea of quests and such.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • i
    so.... made it to the rival near the nugget bridge thing

level 24 ivysaur with sludge bomb and i cant use items.... (but i noticed trainers still can?), now ♥♥♥♥ am i suppose to do now XD

good looking hack overall tho, love the idea of quests and such.

did I miss some trainers? or maybe your talking about sitrus berries? because those are usable when held by pokemon.

If there are still trainers using items please tell me where so that I could correct them.

Years
  • im talking about like fresh water and potions and such , preety much all the trainers after the first gym use them -the area before the cave, in the cave, nugget bridge and the road to bill's place- , (im currently at that bigass patch of grass before S.S anne, so idk, maybe you only missed them?)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • im talking about like fresh water and potions and such , preety much all the trainers after the first gym use them -the area before the cave, in the cave, nugget bridge and the road to bill's place- , (im currently at that bigass patch of grass before S.S anne, so idk, maybe you only missed them?)

Are you using the latest patch? I've removed all of the items in the current one so make sure to patch it to a clean rom and you'll be good to go! :)

Years
  • sure am, thats why im posting XD (aside from ya know.... "great hack dude, looking for the final release" and what not)

Years
  • ayyo... progress report again XD (im like a tester or something by this point ehh?)

so i noticed some the first rivals pokemon jump down levels at each encounter, his first elekid was lvl 22, and got bumped down to 6 at the S.S anne, same with the pidgeotto, from lvl 22 to lvl 20.

also idk if its game's fault or anything but if abilities get boosted beyond the normal 6 the game freezes (aquah's pikachu kept abusing lightning rod on my mons and froze the game a few times)

and yeah, the non item thing works fine now :D no bullshit super potion spam or nothing

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • ayyo... progress report again XD (im like a tester or something by this point ehh?)

so i noticed some the first rivals pokemon jump down levels at each encounter, his first elekid was lvl 22, and got bumped down to 6 at the S.S anne, same with the pidgeotto, from lvl 22 to lvl 20.

also idk if its game's fault or anything but if abilities get boosted beyond the normal 6 the game freezes (aquah's pikachu kept abusing lightning rod on my mons and froze the game a few times)

and yeah, the non item thing works fine now :D no bull♥♥♥♥ super potion spam or nothing

Darn I mustve switched those two haha
    Yeah if you want you could be my tester I lile your way of reporting just pm me if you really want to. Lastly I don't think it's the games fault but I'll check it out later thanks for reporting man!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Hi have you already beaten the Elite Four? You can't fight them the second time because you need to finish the sevii island quest and unfortunately that's the end of beta thank you for playing!

I haven't beaten the Elite Four yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Excuse me? Mr. Splash? I started the game up after patching it, but when I get to the title screen (y'know, the one that has the big Pokémon Fire Red letters.) It just goes back to the copyright screen and starts the intro over again... Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Excuse me? Mr. Splash? I started the game up after patching it, but when I get to the title screen (y'know, the one that has the big Pokémon Fire Red letters.) It just goes back to the copyright screen and starts the intro over again... Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Hello Blueshine please patch this game to a clean Firered V1.0 rom :)

Progress Report: Full Game Beta is smoothly progressing. Im still hopeful that it can be released this May so stay tuned for that. Im almost done with one of the four major features I want to implement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back