• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Trade between regions without the need for dex?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    So i would like to trade between the first three gens on gba and play through them and be able to actually "catch them all" without using codes. Is there a way i could maybe edit the rom using rom tools to maybe receive the national dex earlier in the game or remove the need to use the national dex at all to trade between regions without having to basically beat the game? I would like a gba rom that had all three regions on it so i wont feel obligated to complete three dexs but i dont think theres such a rom. I can use fire red liquid crystal and emerald to do this on my android. of course moding pokemon not available in those games but i dont want to do too much modding. Any ideas? New to pokecommunity by the way!! :D

Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity, TSG! If you haven't already, you may want to take a look at our Sideshow Showcase board, where there are plenty of hacks that stay true to the originals, but offer things like including all of the Pokemon in one game so you don't have to trade between versions. I don't believe there are any hacks that incorporate all of the regions due to technical limitations, but there are still some pretty great options over there!

Back