• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zankyou no Terror

Years
  • Zankyou no Terror

64447l.jpg

Synopsis

In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

Information

Type: TV
    Episodes: 11
    Aired: Jul 11, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, FUNimation Entertainment,Fuji TV, MAPPA
    Genres: Psychological, Thriller

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I watched the first episode yesterday, and I've got to say, it got me hooked! The way that the events played out, it was fantastic! I can tell that it's going to be good. :P

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • First episode already got me hooked. It's certainly got those vibes emitting from it. Plus, the artstyle gets a plus point from me.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Most of episode 1 was sup bar but the ending was really shocking. I can't wait for this to be expended on.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Saw the soundtrack on display in the Sony Building in Chuo, Japan.

Haven't watched it yet, but judging from the soundtrack, it's already great.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • I liked the first episode a lot; the main characters seem interesting and the premise is intriguing at the very least. Thriller's without a doubt my favorite genre anyway. Definitely gonna be watching this anime.

Akiba

Years
  • Bahaha the first episode was pretty great.

But I don't like the girl's art. Otherwise this would be my top pick this season.

Years
  • My love for this series is getting bigger and bigger. Since I saw the PV months ago I was exicted and lucky me I wasn't wrong.

It feels so real. It doesn't have flashy characters with whacky colored hair, you just see some teens. They perfectly blend into society. It's awesome that they actually took their time to research stuff.(About how the bomb worked and explaining it and the Tor browser, which is a real thing)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • One of the standouts of the season, no doubt about it. The art and animation was top-notch, and was more reminiscent of what one would see in a film production.

(I even reviewed it last night.)
    I definitely agree. The production values were sky-high. I was surprised at how good the damn thing looked. Seriously. (will get back to you on your review in due time :p)

Definitely my top pick this season. Female lead's dialogues are kinda cringe-worthy but that's about the only -ve point I have against this show. I love the OP. And the ED. God. That ED is so damn beautiful. Really interested to see what route this show takes from here onwards.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yeah, Lisa's definitely the weakest part of the show, though I understand the need to have a character to serve as an audience surrogate, plus the writers may go in an interesting direction with her, who knows at this point.

Years
  • Yeah, Lisa's definitely the weakest part of the show, though I understand the need to have a character to serve as an audience surrogate, plus the writers may go in an interesting direction with her, who knows at this point.

I feel like she is gonna have a huge change. We have seen so far in the first 2 episodes that she pretty much hates her life. Mainly because bullying(as seen in episode 1), something like I don't know eating disorder(again was seen in episode 1) and of course her crazy/over protective mother(as seen in episode 2). I think she is gonna break/snap and join them. But that's purely a speculation of course. But that seems like the most reasonable thing that should happen.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • The anime is off to a good start so far. I wish the OP/ED were as memorable as Battle or Tank! though but that might change later on.

Akiba

Years
  • 1080p torrent of Episode 2 wasn't set up yet.

It's sad how I'm restricted by these things lol

Years
  • Episode 2 was ok. I guess it's just that the concept of experimented upon teens trying to upend the existing peaceful society of Japan doesn't really resonate as much. I've kinda gotten past my anarchist phase LOL. I'm heck of a lot more supportive of the establishment nowadays hahaha.

Even though they might be trying to minimize casualties and are just trying to flush out 5 wherever she is, it's annoying as heck that they disregard the political ramifications of such actions. Then again this is just anime so most viewers don't really care if the fictional Japanese Diet passes PATRIOT Act like anti-terrorism laws curbing civil liberties. @_@

Back