• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Follow me! Follow me! ~The K-Pop Fanclub ~

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Everyone I added a list of recommended songs. I'm going to allow for 5 suggestions per person over the weekend to add to list. And then I'll close suggestions until the next time. So, start thinking of 5 songs you'd recommend. :)

I PM'ed you, Mia :D My top 5 songs!

Emerald Siren

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hello everyone ^.^

I've been listening to K-pop for at least the last 10 years. It was casual, but has recently exploded into a thing for me. I am a musician, so I absolutely love listening to music form other countries.

I bumped into it through a friend of mine with J-pop and soon began to look into the various different genres from Asia and found Girls Generation. Love them so much. Recently found 2NE1 as well.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Hello everyone ^.^

I've been listening to K-pop for at least the last 10 years. It was casual, but has recently exploded into a thing for me. I am a musician, so I absolutely love listening to music form other countries.

I bumped into it through a friend of mine with J-pop and soon began to look into the various different genres from Asia and found Girls Generation. Love them so much. Recently found 2NE1 as well.
I don't know anyone who doesn't like Girls' Generation. ♥
Welcome to the club!!! :D
Try things of the recommended list! Although you probably heard most of it already. x]

I PM'ed you, Mia :D My top 5 songs!
Added your recommendations!
Great choices. ♥

iPSFCXmkWKZWu.gif

Last edited:

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Signing up.

I am a complete newbie to K-pop. I know of Girls generation and Psy (who doesn't).

Love the videos and costumes and would be curious to check out other K-pop groups to expand my knowledge of the genre. will make sure to check out some of the recommendations you all have posted up =).

Years
Ugh, what about Korean Hip-Hop, does that fall under K-pop? I'm soo conflicted on which 5 songs to choose D:

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Signing up.

I am a complete newbie to K-pop. I know of Girls generation and Psy (who doesn't).

Love the videos and costumes and would be curious to check out other K-pop groups to expand my knowledge of the genre. will make sure to check out some of the recommendations you all have posted up =).

Welcome Abarai!!!! :D
I hope you find other groups and even some soloists that you'll like! ♥

Ugh, what about Korean Hip-Hop, does that fall under K-pop? I'm soo conflicted on which 5 songs to choose D:

Hm, I will extend it to KRock/KHipHop/KIndie for recommended list.
Have at it. :D ♥♥

EDIT:
I've decided that next week's featured video and future videos will be chosen randomly from the recommended song list. So I will allow everyone 15 songs instead of 5. So if you've already submitted 5 songs, submit 10 more before Sunday PST! After this week only five songs will be allowed when suggestions are open.
iAlm5ELnOWeO6.gif

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Chuckleslucifer - G-Dragon/Kara/2NE1/BIG BANG/T-ara/EXO

I found Kpop a few years ago whilst looking at what to watch on TV (I rarely watch TV since my computer has all my anime/manga/tv shows etc. on it.) and I came across a program on SBS and it was just playing kpop and I just sat there motionless thinking to myself "WTF! WTF! WTF I swear that guy looks like {anime character here} etc." Turned out after watching it for another hour I loved it. I listen to it about as much as I listen to Hip-hop and Rap.

Years
I've decided that next week's featured video and future videos will be chosen randomly from the recommended song list. So I will allow everyone 15 songs instead of 5. So if you've already submitted 5 songs, submit 10 more before Sunday PST! After this week only five songs will be allowed when suggestions are open.
iAlm5ELnOWeO6.gif

Hnnggg i didn't know that i could love you any more ;;

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Sent you the last 10s, Mia :P

Added. :)

Chuckleslucifer - G-Dragon/Kara/2NE1/BIG BANG/T-ara/EXO

I found Kpop a few years ago whilst looking at what to watch on TV (I rarely watch TV since my computer has all my anime/manga/tv shows etc. on it.) and I came across a program on SBS and it was just playing kpop and I just sat there motionless thinking to myself "WTF! WTF! WTF I swear that guy looks like {anime character here} etc." Turned out after watching it for another hour I loved it. I listen to it about as much as I listen to Hip-hop and Rap.

I stay up late some times to watch the live streams of M Countdown/Inkigayo/Music Core/Music Bank.
Lately I've been too tired though. I wish I had SBS channel. :<

Hnnggg i didn't know that i could love you any more ;;

(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Years
Why isn't there that much love for Super Junior? I've found within my circle of my friends that they seem to be compared unfavourably to Big Bang (or rather not as cool as :P), as well as to the new boy groups that have come along. Do you think it's because the bands have different appeals? Or maybe it's their perceptions, maybe because SUJU is really good at variety shows and hosting so their music seems relatively less important? I don't know, I don't follow along too closely :P

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Why isn't there that much love for Super Junior? I've found within my circle of my friends that they seem to be compared unfavourably to Big Bang (or rather not as cool as :P), as well as to the new boy groups that have come along. Do you think it's because the bands have different appeals? Or maybe it's their perceptions, maybe because SUJU is really good at variety shows and hosting so their music seems relatively less important? I don't know, I don't follow along too closely :P
I don't think it's that people don't like them. I think because newer k-pop fans don't listen to groups that debuted earlier. Most of the newer fans these days are EXOTICS or you know new groups. I can't say that I'm a SUJU fan completely as I never really followed them that much. I like some of the members though. Heechul, Eunhyuk, Henry, etc. :3 It might be true about the variety show thing though. I only know certain members from variety shows like Family Outing, Strong Heart and haven't really gone beyond that. I'm more of a girl group fan though so that might be a reason too. x]

EDIT: This week's video is f(x)'s Electric Shock.
I'll use the randomizer every week. :)

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I stay up late some times to watch the live streams of M Countdown/Inkigayo/Music Core/Music Bank.
Lately I've been too tired though. I wish I had SBS channel. :<

SBS normally buys programs that are either Australian grown (made in Australia) or those that come from countries who speak another language mainly the news. I never recovered when they stopped airing bleach on Sunday nights. I might check their channel guide if they air it anymore.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Newest teaser picture from T-ara's next comeback.
If you're a Queens you will understand why people are spazzing about Eunjung's hair. It's a really drastic change from what her hair color usually is, but I love it. \o/
Spoiler:

So far Jiyeon's hair is brown, Qri's is apricot pink, and Hyomin's is Black with Gray/Blue stripe.
Loving everything so far.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
Newest teaser picture from T-ara's next comeback.
If you're a Queens you will understand why people are spazzing about Eunjung's hair. It's a really drastic change from what her hair color usually is, but I love it. \o/
Spoiler:

So far Jiyeon's hair is brown, Qri's is apricot pink, and Hyomin's is Black with Gray/Blue stripe.
Loving everything so far.

Spoiler:
Loving Eunjung hair <3 Hope they get their first win in music shows :D Her hair remind me of Day By Day era, idk why lol

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Loving Eunjung hair <3 Hope they get their first win in music shows :D Her hair remind me of Day By Day era, idk why lol
I'm so excited for the comeback. \o/

Does anyone here follow Kara? What do you think about Nicole leaving the group in 2014?

I don't want her to leave. :< I wish the company would treat her better.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2014
I'm so excited for the comeback. \o/

Does anyone here follow Kara? What do you think about Nicole leaving the group in 2014?

I don't want her to leave. :< I wish the company would treat her better.

Spoiler:
I think it will be hard for T-ara to win, there is a lot strong competitor like Taeyang, 2NE1 and Hyorin from SISTAR, i really want them to win, been a while since they won anything. About Nicole leaving Kara, I thought she only say that she leave the company but not the group ?

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I think it will be hard for T-ara to win, there is a lot strong competitor like Taeyang, 2NE1 and Hyorin from SISTAR, i really want them to win, been a while since they won anything. About Nicole leaving Kara, I thought she only say that she leave the company but not the group ?
I hope they win something, but I'm just happy that they are having a comeback so soon after Number Nine.

There's no way DSP is going to agree to that. It's either stay with them or you're out. Which is why I'm sad and think they should have treated Nicole better in the first place.

Guys if you want k-pop avatars go here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313652

owo

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Joininggggggg~

How long have you been listening to KPop?
Probably three years or so.

How were you introduced to KPop?
Ke$ha recorded the demo of Run Devil Run which eventually ended up in the hands of SNSD and I loved it at first listen.

Which artists are you currently listening to the most?
Infinite, SHINee, Block B, 2PM, Wonder Girls, Sistar, the list goes on and on....

Symbonite - Infinite/SHINee/Block B/2PM/Wonder Girls/SISTAR/Seo In-Guk

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Joininggggggg~

How long have you been listening to KPop?
Probably three years or so.

How were you introduced to KPop?
Ke$ha recorded the demo of Run Devil Run which eventually ended up in the hands of SNSD and I loved it at first listen.

Which artists are you currently listening to the most?
Infinite, SHINee, Block B, 2PM, Wonder Girls, Sistar, the list goes on and on....

Symbonite - Infinite/SHINee/Block B/2PM/Wonder Girls/SISTAR/Seo In-Guk
Welcome to the club!!!
OMG you're a WG fan. I like you already!!!
Run Devil Run is still one of my all time favorite SNSD songs.

Spoiler:

Also I'd like to add as a side note that if you have a group that you follow that is having a comeback/new album/new single feel free to update us so we can spaz with you. :) Please place them in spoiler tags though!

Last edited:
Back