• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Platinum

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Hey I am very new to this website but not games since w to pokemon. I have played the games since I was a young child. then when I got a little older I stopped for awhile, and im just now picking back up and I really have missed a lot!!! I have made this thread to give advice, strategy, help, and just general talk about Pokémon Platinum. Really anything about Platinum belongs here!! I need a little help on a few things at them moment. The first one ill start it off with is help on my main six. At the moment I have:
    Infernape(lvl 50)
    Staraptor(lvl 50)
    Roserade(lvl 50)
    Luxray(lvl 50)
    Kadabra(lvl 45)
    and currently haven't decided on a sixth. I am open to any input and help but really just want a good, strong, versatile team. I am open to replacing the ones I already have just wanna talk and conversate about that and kinda throw around the facts. but you don't have to talk about this to hop in. anything platinum is welcome like I said!!! So everyone chime in and lets get this thing started!!! Thanks in advance to everyone that participates in this thread...

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Dou you have another ds and heartgold soulsilver diamon or pearl?
    If you do, trade kadabra there and back

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Nah I wish. im saving up for a 3ds xl. but in the mean time im using a ds emulator on my android. I was trying to find ways to trade him over using that and back. but its impossible or I haven't found out a way too. if someone does know please let me kno. im using drastic also if that means anything...

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    You could change Kadabra to Starmie, then you have a psychic type and also a water type. If you want another water type you can change to Floatzel.
    I recommend Garchomp as your sixth Pokemon. It's both ground and dragon type and it is very strong! :D

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • For all Platinum has to offer, you've got yourself a decent team without knowing the movesets.

You could change Kadabra to Starmie, then you have a psychic type and also a water type. If you want another water type you can change to Floatzel.
    I recommend Garchomp as your sixth Pokemon. It's both ground and dragon type and it is very strong! :D

If he can't trade in-game, then he could swap for Starmie (equally as versatile, can learn better attacks like Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt among others. It's super fast and has superior Special Attack.) I also second the Garchomp nomination, it has amazing Attack power, good Speed and good enough defenses to survive attacks.

Optional: Get a Pokemon that can take a ton of hits, even something like Noctowl, and teach it Toxic. Toxic inflicts stronger and stronger damage each turn the poisoned Pokemon is out. Since the average Trainers and your rival don't typically heal their Pokemon, this strategy is an easy way through some tough battles. Speaking of tough battles, the Gym Leaders and the upcoming Elite Four heal their Pokemon almost everytime they reach red health.

TLDR: Get Starmie (you need a Water Stone, but since you found a Shiny Stone, a Water would be no trouble.) and Garchomp (Rare to find Gibles, but they're in Wayward Cave, conveniently located under Cycling Road near Eterna. You need Flash and some high-quality balls like Ultra Balls.) And if worse comes to worse, just run with the team you have. It has enough type diversity to get through the game, but they of course need training.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Okay how would I trade out for a starmie or the other? and where could I find the dragon type pokemon at?? thanks yall for the input really helps more than yah know

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    how can you get a starmie in pokemon platinum? I have researched and the only way is to get it on another game like ruby and then transfer over? but I cant do that becaneuse I am using a ds emulator on my android phone... any help is much appriciated

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    You can catch staryu in Sunschore city with super Rod and you can catch Gible in the second room in a hidden cave under the cycling road. Look at YouTube if you don't find! :)

Back