• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Having trouble getting shiny Entei...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Hello PokeLovers,

5 days ago, I started a shiny hunt on a Entei,

I've successfully shiny hunted aload of legendaires before,

But I've been Soft Resetting constantly (As soon as I woke up until I went to bed)

and 2 days ago, I got fed up with soft resetting so I got myself the Shiny Charm (which is meant to halve the chance of a shiny showing) and after 2 days of still continuing soft resetting, Entei still won't shine,

I've never ever had a hunt this long before, I'm just wondering if getting my shiny charm or turning my ds off at night may have stopped it from shining?

I know I'm probably just being paranoid but I've seen tons of videos online of people getting pokemon to shiny after just 144-200 soft resets using the shiny charm, and I decided to count the amount of soft resets I did in 3 hours the other night and it came to 400 resets so I must of done at least 4000 to 6000 resets over the last 5 days.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I got my Azelf before I started the Entei hunt within like 4 hours.

I hope someone can give me some advice on this matter.

Thanks in advance, Ryan.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Hello PokeLovers,

5 days ago, I started a shiny hunt on a Entei,

I've successfully shiny hunted aload of legendaires before,

But I've been Soft Resetting constantly (As soon as I woke up until I went to bed)

and 2 days ago, I got fed up with soft resetting so I got myself the Shiny Charm (which is meant to halve the chance of a shiny showing) and after 2 days of still continuing soft resetting, Entei still won't shine,

I've never ever had a hunt this long before, I'm just wondering if getting my shiny charm or turning my ds off at night may have stopped it from shining?

I know I'm probably just being paranoid but I've seen tons of videos online of people getting pokemon to shiny after just 144-200 soft resets using the shiny charm, and I decided to count the amount of soft resets I did in 3 hours the other night and it came to 400 resets so I must of done at least 4000 to 6000 resets over the last 5 days.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I got my Azelf before I started the Entei hunt within like 4 hours.

I hope someone can give me some advice on this matter.

Thanks in advance, Ryan.

honestly, you're just unlucky with this hunt, although the odds are 1/1365, it's not a guaranteed 1 every 1365 pokemon is shiny, just keep going and it'll shine eventually :)

Years
  • I have the shiny charm and just found a shiny Reshiram last night! I was on this hunt for 3 days, and if I counted correctly it took me 2,752 SR's. So with that said, keep trying. This is my first time ever SR'ing (I prefer breeding), and I was also thinking the same as you. Right after getting it, I did a horde encounter of only 13 and found a shiny Golbat the same night. Sometimes the odds are in your favor... but at least now you got the charm so that should help some.

Back