• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Really weird RGSS had stopped working problem

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
  • So, in my game, Ponario: Weavile's Revenge I have this room where you need to redirect the power from one pipe to another. See attachment Room finished.
    Now when I try to enter this room I get this error. See attachment Problem (just shows the RGSS has stopped working problem).

I have been trying to figure out why this has been happening. In some of my previous rooms, empty events have been the problem but not in this case, as I removed every event and it still happened. So I had no idea what was causing the problem, until last night.
    For some reason I did this, see attachment room without pipes.
    Essintially, I removed all the pipes on in the room and it worked.
    Now see attachment Tileset layout.
    One the right of the red gap, are mainly the ones used in this room, but my other two rooms use the ones on the left of the red gap, but no problem occurs with them.

This is a really weird problem and if anyone has any idea of why this happens please share your thoughts.

EDIT: It turned out that the only tiles that caused the problem were the ones of the right side of the red gap, the second and third tiles from the top of the first row(fourth form most left). I added the same tiles in a different spot and it now works, however, if any has an idea why this still happened I would like to hear it. Just to be clear, the horizontail and vertical pipe tiles.
    Thanks

Attachments

• Room finished.png
      Room finished.png
      36.8 KB · Views: 8
    • Problem.png
      Problem.png
      13.1 KB · Views: 9
    • Room without pipes.png
      Room without pipes.png
      30 KB · Views: 7
    • Tileset layout.png