• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Forms in Remakes?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
So I was thinking. You know how OR/AS added megas for old Hoenn Pokemon? What if Sinnoh remakes added Sinnoh Forms for some of the Pokemon which appeared in D/P/Pt, but were introduced before Generation IV? They could even add more Pokemon to the Sinnoh Dex that were never there before, and add Sinnoh Forms for those, too. By Sinnoh Forms, I mean something in the same vein as Sun and Moon's Alola Forms. This would certainly make the game feel more fresh.

I think the best candidates for this are Sinnoh's bugs, the Wurmple line. While every other generation added an early game 3 stage bug line, Sinnoh just got Generation III's 'mons instead. I can't think of much to do with the initial stages, so Wurmple, Silcoon and Cascoon could stay as they are, but maybe Beautifly could be Bug/Fairy, and Dustox could be Bug/Dark or Bug/Ghost? The idea would just be to make Beautifly super pretty and Dustox super scary. Not sure exactly what they'd look like, just ideas.

Thoughts? What would you want out of Sinnoh forms? Sinnoh is a very different region to Alola, after all, so there are many new opportunities. It seems very likely this will happen if Sinnoh remakes come about, especially if they come in Generation VII.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sinnoh forms would be nice. After all, Shellos shows us that a certain species of Pokemon could look different depending on what side of the region it is native too, which I always thought was neat. So perhaps we might see more west and east forms similar to the Shellos line.

Perhaps some Pokemon that adapt to the harsh cold of Snowpoint or maybe even Snover/Abomosnow that live in rocky mountains and adapt to be Grass/Rock or something of the like.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Sinnoh forms would be nice, but the problem is (and I hate to do this) Assuming you can only get 1 form per region, we've already seen the old forms, so unless they did something like ORAS with the multiple realities, You would only be able to get gen 5+ sinnoh forms (Which wouldn't be a bad thing if only Kanto alolan forms exist, Kanto gets too much attention IMO.)

smocks

fiat lux
Years
I don't think Sinnoh would be receiving any "Sinnoh forms" for the most part (even though Sinnoh holds dear to my heart) because Sinnoh in a way is similar to the other regions while Alola is this new, exotic region.
+ If we go by region inspirations, it'll be unlikely if Sinnoh forms happen from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, & Sinnoh are all based off regions in Japan while Alola is based off in Hawaii, so having region variants would be very limited.

Butttt if Sinnoh forms do become a thing, the Sinnoh forms designs would be snow, swamp, mountainous, or cave isn forms from Sinnoh's terrains

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Sinnoh forms would be nice, but the problem is (and I hate to do this) Assuming you can only get 1 form per region, we've already seen the old forms, so unless they did something like ORAS with the multiple realities, You would only be able to get gen 5+ sinnoh forms (Which wouldn't be a bad thing if only Kanto alolan forms exist, Kanto gets too much attention IMO.)
But Gen IV Sinnoh would be in the non-mega evolution timeline, which no future games will be a part of (assuming mega evolution stays). If we assume Gen IV remakes will be in the mega evolution timeline, anything can happen.

Also, pretty much every remake has been in an 'alternate reality' to that of the originals, since so much changes in remakes (not just the addition of megas). Adding Sinnoh forms would only be as lore breaking as adding an Olympic-style stadium smack bang in the middle of Johto in HG/SS.

I don't think Sinnoh would be receiving any "Sinnoh forms" for the most part (even though Sinnoh holds dear to my heart) because Sinnoh in a way is similar to the other regions while Alola is this new, exotic region.
Sinnoh's climate is quite different to most of the Japan-based regions though. It's pretty cold, just like how Hoenn is pretty tropical. And considering the fact that, in some cases, Alolan Pokemon became as they are by moving to other parts of the same region (rather than moving region entirely), it doesn't seem farfetched. Take Sandshrew. Sandshrew used to be Ground type while in Alola but had to move to the mountains. Similar things could happen with Sinnoh Pokemon, it's not always a case of comparing one region to other regions (and even then, Sinnoh is one of the more different regions).

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Following the trend in Generation VI when more Megas were added in ORAS, it's probable there could be Sinnoh forms, if there will be remakes at all. Sinnoh needs more Pokémon, especially Fire- and Ice-types.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh yeah, forgot about the swamp/marsh type areas of Sinnoh. I'd love to see some swamp inspired Yanma/Yanmega, Wooper/Quagsire, etc.

Years
While I can't see a Sinnoh remake happening soon, it would still be fun if Sinnoh had unique regional forms. I mean, it already introduced the regional differences idea with Shellos and how they had different forms depending on which side of Sinnoh they lived in.

Back