• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Soundtrack

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What is your opinion on the original soundtracks in the anime? (Both sub and dub, of course.) As you know, a lot of the score from sub to dub are changed. This has been done since season one.

Years
  • In terms of the Indigo League, I loved the soundtrack, it was obviously very similar to the games which added a nostalgic touch and there was some fun and silly songs too which created a nice balance with the sadder music.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    The soundtrack of the first seasons are probably one of the only things I will argue is still better than the later soundtracks. The later soundtracks rely more on the game soundtrack for it's ost and then with that trend of using the opening for big moments gets pretty repetitive after it's been used a while.

The fact that there aren't official anime osts really speaks for itself, I believe. Though there are nice ones here and there overall it pales to OS's ost.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The soundtrack of the first seasons are probably one of the only things I will argue is still better than the later soundtracks. The later soundtracks rely more on the game soundtrack for it's ost and then with that trend of using the opening for big moments gets pretty repetitive after it's been used a while.

The fact that there aren't official anime osts really speaks for itself, I believe. Though there are nice ones here and there overall it pales to OS's ost.

The only official anime osts you're getting is from the recent dubs, but those are practically inferior to the original Japanese osts.

Back