• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Morning Sun (Shades of Victory)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Pokemon: Morning Sun
    Shades of Victory

Started on July 18th 2005

About this Project

This project was started a few days ago, but officially claimed today as Pokemon: Morning Sun (Shades of Victory). It is NOT a game, but a series of "movies" for RM2K3. Before you go on and say "liek omg itz not a gaem, fuhget it den" you would be surprised on how this is related to a game. There will be NO new Pokemon, and once again before you say "omg liek der's no new pkmn, liek diz sucks" or "i wantid 300048 new pkmn" you'd be surprised. It does, however, take place in a new region, but with old and familiar characters. And I hope you enjoy the story.

Legend

Two years after the trials
    of Red, Green, and Blue

A new adventure in the
    cosmopolitan region takes palce

From seaside villas
    to extreme metropolises of Crystalia

The history of three masters
    this is their story.​

Stories

The series will take place in Crystalia, if you read the legend. Now, Red, Green, and Blue decide to visit the Crystalia region on a trip for a "trial of master's" that exclusively takes place in Crystalia.

They arrive in Crystalia City, which is the capital of Crystalia. It is located west of Cianwood City, and is also known as the Gateway City to Crystalia. Nowaday's, Crystalia is referred to as "The West" since it is to the extreme west of Johto. Being the Capital, it is the largest city. It has many hotels, shops, and more exclusively, a Pokemon Academy for the region.

But upon they're arrival, they overhear some teenagers discussing "The New Evil," a revival of something that has come to Crystalia. They think they know what it is, but aren't sure, so they forget about it and continue on...

Prophecy of Masters
    BY Dizzy, DON'T STEAL

...Three masters will appear,
    in the new city of the west
    to destroy the child
    of the ultimate evil

One with burning ambitions
    Red of Flames

The second of deep, wise forests
    Green of Groves

The last, from the vast surrounding ocean
    Blue of Seas

Each from the side of the good
    but not entirely

They discover their own evils
    The three evils of goodness

The evils that can end worlds:
    Hatred, Greed, and Submission

But from evil always comes good,

Hatred of Passion
    Greed of Friendship
    Submissions of Innocence
    Only the masters can save the west...​

Crystalia Region Travel Guide
    Version 1.0

Crystalia City
    Also known as the capital city of the Crystalia Region. It is just west of Cianwood City, and the whole Johto region. It's famous for many things, such as its metropolitan size, and the different things going on in it. There are many different districts within the city, making it a very diverse area. It is especially popular for its regional school, The Crystal Academy, which is located in the Academy District. There are five districts within the city, Blizzard Town, Academy, Crystal Hills, Glassy Forest, and Crystalia-Johto line.

Marissima
    Marissima is the resort town of the region and a popular spot for trainers. Although it lacks a port, it does have a Marina. It's beach is rumored to be the birthplace of many water pokemon species, as well as the area of the Regional "PokeSurf Competitions" which are held once every two years. Marissima would be less packed if it didn't have hotels and tourism at the max. There are two districts, del Mar (the resort area), and Marina (the town and beach/marina area).

Gadiz
    The largest city in Crystalia after Crystalia City. Gadiz is the informational, as well as "city of night" area within Crystalia. It's famous for the Palacio de Gadiz, which is a grand skyscraper museum in the center of the city. Most professors must travel there to study. Aside from being an informational city, its also a large shopping district, which has attracted many beautys, cool-trainers, and other types of trainers. Gadiz is in the center of region, which earns one of its districts name, Gadiz Central. The districts in Gadiz are, Gadiz Central, Gadisse Town, and Palace (Palacio de Gadiz).

Viganza
    The local port-town of the region. Viganza accepts boats worldwide into its large harbors. They have been a safe spot for centuries, being protected by Sailing Pokemon. Viganza is the only way you can get to many regions without walking, and the only way you can get to the islands of Crystalia. Viganza is famous for being the Twin City of Marissima, even though Viganza has what Marissima doesn't, and vice-versa. There are three districts in Viganza, Viganza Beach, V-Point (the harbor), and North Viganza.

Le Serre
    Le Serre is your typical mountain town. It's known for the only place in the region that snows, and its large mountain in the center of Crystalia, Le Serre. There are a number of caves in this town for exploration that scientists and professors together are using the crack the mysteries about Pokemon, although difficult not impossible. Le Serre also has a legend that at the very top of the mountain, a legendary pokemon makes its home. Le Serre's districts are Le Serre, and High-Town Le Serre.

Navisa Island
    Navisa Island is the island south of Viganza. It isn't all that populated, but i known for its open-air markets and scenery. Navisa is also the "gateway" to the "south", a populous southern island. Not much happens on Navisa, and it's only district, Navisa Town.

Occidental
    Occidental is the western-most city in the region. That's where the name Occidental comes from. Occidental is where the regions Professor, Professor Maple, resides. Occidental is famous for being a town that "falls in the sea" since it was built on slopes falling towards the Sea of Crystalia. Occidental has three districts, Occidental Town, West Occidental (oxymoron hehe), and Sea of Crystalia.

Coming Soon:

Possible Stories
    Acceptions of Contributions
    More Screenshots!

In the meantime, keep checking. Also, if you have ANY Ideas that you'd like to see, please post them in this thread. Also, if anyone has any resources please tell me, since i'll be needing most of them. Much appreciated.

Here is the picture you've all been waiting for, until more come back. Also I'll try to get these pictures on a site so you don't have to keep clicking the attachment.

Screenshot Descriptions:

Crystalia City is the capital city. You're looking at 3 of 5 Districts within the city.

Theres the Blizzard Town District (The Western most part with all the apartments and the department store)

The Academy District, with the Pokemon Academy and some homes.

And the Crystal Hills area, with homes of the rich, and the fancy Crystal Villa.

The Secnd is "Glassy Forest" which is the 4th district of Crystalia City, it would go underneath The Academy District.

The Third is the Seaside Escape, in Occidental. Also, what you see, is the crew of the movie. Now, they are from Pokemon Special, if you follow that Manga, this movie might violate the manga, but its supposed to follow it.

The Fourth shows the entire cite of Gadiz, which is the second largest city after Crystalia City.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • kool
    so if its movie you dont get to control the characters?
    do they battle?( like in pokemon?)

Good luck

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Okay so I just edited a previous post to include the entire travel guide to Cystalia, you can view it in the FIRST POST at the top of this page. I'm also going to add some more screenshots of the movie. Enjoy.

Also,

DarkDoom3000 said:
    kool
    so if its movie you dont get to control the characters?
    do they battle?( like in pokemon?)

Good luck

Actually I'm debating whether or not you can control the character. If you can control the character it won't be a movie, but if you can't control it, it might as well be a game. I don't know yet, but thanks for the support :). And yes they do battle in the game. You'll see some new techniques and tactics involved within it.

Screenshots Removed and POSTED ON THE FIRST POST.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • I like how you made the mart with a green roof :):):):)

About the move character thing........
    if you make the characters can move it would be easier because you wont have to make the move hero events

But if you make the characters cant move.. then you wont need to make extra events like talking to people, reading sighs
    or making a menu ( if your gonna have a CBS)
    and then this project would be game just like every other project...

either way
    Good luck

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Actually the green-roofed Poke-Mart it came with a pack of chipsets I found somewhere on PC.

True if I do that for the character-moving thing, but I think I'll just try it out. If not, I can always go back and re-do it into a game, because I won't have to map anything out as much. But thanks anyway.

Here we have some possible stories that could take place, but first let me explain to you how they work.

NEW!! ~ Tuesday, July 19th 2005.

Each Character will have a "Wish" and a "Dark Wish" within the series. Every person they meet will influence them somehow. Because of this, the team will have constant wishes, but only one dark wishes.

I'll only reveal some wishes, so that I don't spoil the story.

Red (Main Character) has a wish to battle people from all over the world.
    Green (Main Character) has a wish to become a well-known Pokemon Professor.
    Blue (Main Character) has a wish to become an idol within the Pokemon World.
    Proffesor Oak (Secondary Character) has a wish to see the heroes fulfill all his wishes.

So basically, thats how it works, if anyone has any good ones, please let me know.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice to see you back, Dizzy. The screens look pretty impressive up til now.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Nice Wishing thing :)
    so idose each charater have a diffrent storyling ???

Keep it UP!:):):):):D:DD:D:D:D:D::DD::D

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Actually the green-roofed Poke-Mart it came with a pack of chipsets I found somewhere on PC.

Like I said, Budgie_boy ^

And It's very good to be back working on Rm2k3. After 2 years of MANY MANY failed projects, I finally found one I like, thats easy enough for me to finish, and that's enjoyable to most people.

I finished most of the maps, now I just need some charsets. If anyone wants to help me out, please do! :)

ALSO CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR A NEW SCREENSHOT :)​

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Thanks, and I'm still making them larger. I think its stupid (but it makes sense) that game worlds are so tiny. Not mine of course. I try to make them look as realistic as real cities I've visited. And most of them are based off real cities :).

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Thank you sir, Very useful, but I need a few more charsets that he doesnt have. I need a Team Rocket Charset from Fire Red/Leaf Green of both Male and Female members, I tried looking in both resource threads but I just can't find them.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I just realised how many charsets I had... Loads

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I know many people recognize this as one of the more unpopular project but I'm trying to put alot of work into it :) Thank's everyone for your support.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • What makes you think this is unpopular? Give it time, you've only just started. Nobody expects everybody to be interested in their game until they've got a lot of progress done anyway.

Great screenshots, and I like that you've provided a LOT of detail. Keep it up.

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • this sounds like a good project. you don't see folks making movies with rmxp/rm2k3. so may be setting a trend here. when do ya think you'll be done?

Back