• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald Randomizer

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
  • Hey everyone! This is my new series along with my other I'm working on.

Pokemon Emerald Randomizer! The original Pokemon Emerald with a huge crazy twist; All wild and trainer Pokemon are completely random!

Parts 1-3
    Spoiler:

Part 4

More coming very soon!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • If I may offer some advice, and please don't take this the wrong way...

First, if there is anything you can do to improve the video quality, it would be greatly appreciated. Since I like to watch all videos in full-screen mode (as do many others), 144p is just painful. I just can't sit through more than 30 seconds of it. I know higher resolutions take much longer to process and upload, but higher quality will lead to more people actually watching your videos.

Second, you may want to consider laying off the fast-forward button a bit. Since it makes the game jittery and messes with the in-game sounds, overuse of it can make the video hard to watch as well. You don't have to stop using it entirely, just consider using it less.

Finally, for these Pokemon games which were originally designed to be played on a small screen, you may want to consider making use of an overlay/sidebar, depending on what software you're using for your video editing. I'd need to know the details on your software to give you more specific advice in this category, though.

Other than that, great job so far. Commentary seems pretty good. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

bradenm

Years
  • If I may offer some advice, and please don't take this the wrong way...

First, if there is anything you can do to improve the video quality, it would be greatly appreciated. Since I like to watch all videos in full-screen mode (as do many others), 144p is just painful. I just can't sit through more than 30 seconds of it. I know higher resolutions take much longer to process and upload, but higher quality will lead to more people actually watching your videos.

Second, you may want to consider laying off the fast-forward button a bit. Since it makes the game jittery and messes with the in-game sounds, overuse of it can make the video hard to watch as well. You don't have to stop using it entirely, just consider using it less.

Finally, for these Pokemon games which were originally designed to be played on a small screen, you may want to consider making use of an overlay/sidebar, depending on what software you're using for your video editing. I'd need to know the details on your software to give you more specific advice in this category, though.

Other than that, great job so far. Commentary seems pretty good. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Hey there mate. Don't fret, I'm not offended ;).

I've been recording with "Snagit" and editing in Camtasia. Usually I just record the standard size (small window) which is probably why the quality is out I assume...? I'm new to this all haha.

I've seen overlay's on other's videos but I don't know how to do it (AKA been too lazy to look into it haha). But I'm glad at least my commentary doesn't suck.. that's been the main thing I've been worried about :O

Thank you for the advice tho! It's great to get some feedback :)

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Hey there mate. Don't fret, I'm not offended ;).

I've been recording with "Snagit" and editing in Camtasia. Usually I just record the standard size (small window) which is probably why the quality is out I assume...? I'm new to this all haha.

I've seen overlay's on other's videos but I don't know how to do it (AKA been too lazy to look into it haha). But I'm glad at least my commentary doesn't suck.. that's been the main thing I've been worried about :O

Thank you for the advice tho! It's great to get some feedback :)

Camtasia is fully capable of doing an overlay (pretty much the only one that can't is Windows Movie Maker). I don't know how to do it in Camtasia (I use Sony Movie Studio 13, aka Sony Vegas), but I'm sure there are plenty of guides and Youtube tutorials out there. I would suggest switching to a different video recording software. I personally use LoiLo Game Recorder because it's free, very easy to use, and it works well without hogging up a bunch of system memory and causing my games to lag. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software or something like that) is another popular free one.

To create the overlay that you would use in your video, you can use Paint.net, an awesome piece of free software that is kind of like a dumbed-down Adobe Photoshop (unless you're lucky enough to actually be able to afford Adobe Photoshop, or already own it). You basically just create a background, which you edit throughout the video, which has a transparent section in which you will position the video itself. You can see some of my LPs for examples if you want. Hope that helps!

bradenm

Years
  • Camtasia is fully capable of doing an overlay (pretty much the only one that can't is Windows Movie Maker). I don't know how to do it in Camtasia (I use Sony Movie Studio 13, aka Sony Vegas), but I'm sure there are plenty of guides and Youtube tutorials out there. I would suggest switching to a different video recording software. I personally use LoiLo Game Recorder because it's free, very easy to use, and it works well without hogging up a bunch of system memory and causing my games to lag. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software or something like that) is another popular free one.

To create the overlay that you would use in your video, you can use Paint.net, an awesome piece of free software that is kind of like a dumbed-down Adobe Photoshop (unless you're lucky enough to actually be able to afford Adobe Photoshop, or already own it). You basically just create a background, which you edit throughout the video, which has a transparent section in which you will position the video itself. You can see some of my LPs for examples if you want. Hope that helps!

I had a look at one of your LP videos just now. ;) I'll look into Paint.net and LoiLo / OBS, since Snagit does use A LOT of system memory... My CPU usage shoots up from 10-15% to around 70% when using it... hence the lag I get in Pokemon 3D lol... I do have Photoshop but I hate it.. I know its great to use and all but damn it drives me insane learning it. So hopefull Paint.net isnt much of a pain...

Cheers for the tips mate :)

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • I had a look at one of your LP videos just now. ;) I'll look into Paint.net and LoiLo / OBS, since Snagit does use A LOT of system memory... My CPU usage shoots up from 10-15% to around 70% when using it... hence the lag I get in Pokemon 3D lol... I do have Photoshop but I hate it.. I know its great to use and all but damn it drives me insane learning it. So hopefull Paint.net isnt much of a pain...

Cheers for the tips mate :)

No problem, shoot me a PM or something if I can help you out at all.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • The overlay adds so much to the overall quality of the video, I have to say. Also definitely appreciate the jump to 720p.

Did you record this with your old software, or did you make the switch to something else yet? The gameplay footage still looks a bit fuzzy if you're using Loilo or OBS.

bradenm

Years
  • The overlay adds so much to the overall quality of the video, I have to say. Also definitely appreciate the jump to 720p.

Did you record this with your old software, or did you make the switch to something else yet? The gameplay footage still looks a bit fuzzy if you're using Loilo or OBS.

Still the old recorder. This part and the next I'd already recorded a few days ago.. Just havent gotten around to editing and uploading until now. I agree tho the overlay looks great. More "pro" as the mrs calls it haha.

Back