• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apple WWDC 2009 keynote discussion.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Disclaimer:I do not use or own any apple products. I will not hype or do any other posting in this thread besides this one most likely. I am doing this so those who follow apple and their products can discuss the keynote event and how possibly the new I -phone would be. Thank you for taking note of this.
Now then yes. Today is the Apple WWDC 2009 Keynote. What they will show is unknown but it shall be known in an hour or 2. Some good ways to find out are by gizmodo's liveblog or engadgets. Discuss on the possibilities while you guys wait for it to start and have fun discussing about any new products.
Update 1:
New macbooks announced. They have a new state of the art batteries, better screens, an SD slot, more power and a 13 inch model announced. Also it seems they are available today.
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283256/new-15+inch-macbook-pro-features-7+hour-battery-life-and-sd-card-slo
Update 2:
Sorry FTFF fans not happing this snow leopard. Ah and the info:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283157/everything-you-need-to-know-about-snow-leopard
Update 3:
I-Phone 3GS. Confirmed. That thing is said to be speedy. Page below to be updated:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5283099/iphone-3gs-complete-feature-guide

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well, I know for a fact that I won't be getting Snow Leopard whenever it is I get my MacBook. Either that, or if they have it already installed (which by the time that happens, they probably will), I'll just downgrade to Leopard. That user interface is so similar to Leopard but so different at the same time. Do not want. :[

Hopefully they put the Keynote up on apple.com quickly so I can watch it for myself. I really want to know about the supposed new models of the iPhone. Found it! <3

Plus! I may actually decide to get a 15" instead of a 17" MacBook due to all of these changes to it. Sooo happy they're offering the same for both a 17" and 15" now. <3

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow. Cheap prices or what. $99 for the 3G is almost nothing and $199 for the 16GB models of the 3GS. Maybe finally the price will lower. I was thinking about getting it but I hate vodafone. I meant price in euros by the way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I love how they did that. Lowering the price of each of the iPhones out there to make room for the 32GB model and increasing the amount of time you can use each feature between charges was a genius move. I'm so glad I didn't get the iPhone a few weeks ago, otherwise I wouldn't have a chance to get a 32GB for the same price of the 16GB I wanted. <3

For those who didn't know already, they released the guided tour for the new iPhone:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/#large

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
For everyone interested:
Spoiler:

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Still re-watching the keynote now, but I still cannot believe that Apple is letting me upgrade to Snow Leopard more than once for only $49, seriously this is awesome! I am very surprised and now I know for a fact that I will be requesting off release day in september just so I can be one of the first around my place to get SL. I Can't wait to finally be able to utilize a full 8GB of RAM, Utilize the full capabilities of my 64-bit Core2Duo, and finally get all of the four-finger gestures without having to use a tweaked AppleUSBMultitouch.kext.
Quicktime X is also a new feature I'm still drooling over, seriously, I can't think of any other media app that puts the video first over anything else while still maintaining the ease of use of the control, plus the sharing up to Youtube and iTunes couldn't be easier.

Edit: for those interested, I have compiled an outline from the first half this morning's keynote address, dealing with the Mac OS and the Mac computer line. I shall proceed to post up the second half dealing with the iPhone and the 3.0 update.
Simply click on the link to my blog and it should be the first entry.

Last edited:

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
Apple strikes again with it's fail phone. More idiots upgrade just because it's available.

Apple wins an internet.

Zet

Years
Well, I know for a fact that I won't be getting Snow Leopard whenever it is I get my MacBook. Either that, or if they have it already installed (which by the time that happens, they probably will), I'll just downgrade to Leopard. That user interface is so similar to Leopard but so different at the same time. Do not want. :[

Hopefully they put the Keynote up on apple.com quickly so I can watch it for myself. I really want to know about the supposed new models of the iPhone. Found it! <3

Plus! I may actually decide to get a 15" instead of a 17" MacBook due to all of these changes to it. Sooo happy they're offering the same for both a 17" and 15" now. <3
So you'd rather have a version that's not so secure and less features? that's a smart move there. But would Apple really still be selling an out dated version whenever you get your macbook?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Apple strikes again with it's fail phone. More idiots upgrade just because it's available. Apple wins an internet.
lol. The only people who say that are people not able to get one themselves.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If I recall a certain someone couldn't get one for a certain amount of time ;3
What does that have to do with thinking they suck? :| I've always worshiped the iPhone.. as well as everything else Apple put out to the market. :B

Zet

Years
What does that have to do with thinking they suck? :| I've always worshiped the iPhone.. as well as everything else Apple put out to the market. :B
I can get the iPhone, but I choose not to as it doesn't appeal to me. Does this mean I am not able to get one myself?

But regardless, you still haven't answered my previous question mister! >:o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I can get the iPhone, but I choose not to as it doesn't appeal to me. Does this mean I am not able to get one myself?

But regardless, you still haven't answered my previous question mister! >:o

But you don't go around saying that the iPhone sucks.

And I don't see anything wrong with Leopard when I use it at school. Not for what I do. But there's a lot of new features that I saw in the Keynote last night that made me consider keeping Snow Leopard installed when I get my MacBook sometime next year or so.

I find Leopard to be a lot more secure than Vista anyway, so no matter what it'll be an upgrade for me despite the fact that I'll probably boot camp into Windows Vista or Windows 7. But that's getting off topic, so~

Yeah... I would rather use Leopard than Snow Leopard, but I'm debating that now after finally getting able to watch the Keynote that gave so much more than what I read in the articles I found.

What I'm most excited for is the iPhone3G S, though.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I actually have a small distaste and dislike for apple products as I really love me some buttons and a high resolution camera and a flash but I will not go into that. Because I am considering it as its so simple yet amazing. Though a few buttons for the gamers wouldn't hurt apple...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
lol. The only people who say that are people not able to get one themselves.
Or... people who don't see the appeal in an iPhone and disagree with the apparent need to go out and buy a new one just because a new one is available? From all the people I know with an iPhone, I don't think ANY of them aren't planning on upgrading this year even if they got their iPhone just last year.

I wish I had that kind of disposable income but I guess I'm not cool enough to be an Apple person and it's obv. the only reason I don't like the iPhone. :'(

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
And you strike again with your grammar failure trying to act all cool.

You think I'm trying to act cool?

They know their fanbase are drones, that's why new products are released bimonthly. At least it was nice to see their sales have been down recently.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
I don't feel the need to upgrade my iPhone yet again. I already get charged well enough via cell phone bills and expenses. As long as I get MMS on my iPhone, I'm fine. So what I'm really anticipated for is the iPhone 3.0 update for the 3G.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I'll be sticking with my iPod Touch and simply upgrading to the 3.0 software. I can't afford an iPhone yet. My main interest during this year's keynote was Snow Leopard. I really hope to see what some of the rumours floating around about the new boot camp software will have feature-wise. I've heard it's supposed to enable HFS+ support for windows.

Last edited:

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
I don't feel the need to upgrade my iPhone yet again. I already get charged well enough via cell phone bills and expenses. As long as I get MMS on my iPhone, I'm fine. So what I'm really anticipated for is the iPhone 3.0 update for the 3G.

YES YES YES.
But it won't be available for AT&T customers until later this summer. :<
But I can't wait to download the update, o3o, I'm glad about the Safari improvements (it's crashed on me soooo many times, but that's probably because I had alot of pages open lol) and that MobileMe Remote Wipeout is really cool but I'm not a subscriber either. :(
Cut, Copy & Paste, the Landscape Keyboard for all standard apps, Spotlight Search are all and will be handy~ It needs to be June 17th already.

Back