• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Diancie do you prefer?

Which Diancie do you prefer?

• Normal Diancie (Brave, 31/31/31/31/31/x)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed Diance (Neutral, 31/31/31/29/31/31)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Mega Diancie (Naive, x/31/31/31/31/x)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How did you train your Diancie? What did you have in mind when you decided on what nature and IV spread to soft reset for? I have 3 Diancies (I have both X and Y so i was able to get separate codes for each, as well as got traded a third one) and I'm not sure which one to go for.

I have a Brave Diancie (IV 31/31/31/31/31/x) that I initially reset for with the first code I got in anticipation of regular Diance and AFTER I got it it was then that I found out about Mega Diancie and her stat changes, which led to my second Diancie:

a Neutral Diancie (IV 31/31/31/29/31/31) which I decided to keep because I didn't think I could get luckier than that with that IV spread so I kept it and figured it would be a good one for a mixed Diancie (meaning, I could swap it between normal form and Mega form as the situation and team dictated, rather than training ONLY for one form or the other)

and then the third Diancie I got was Naive (IV x/31/31/31/31/x) which obviously would be best suited for Mega Diancie. However, I don't want to be training all 3 as there's really no point, and I also want to keep the other two for future trades when some really big legendary event comes out or something some time in the future. So, which Diancie did you train for and/or prefer?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Mega Diancie seems to hold more merit (Naive). Better offensive stats means it can apply more pressure on the opposing team and avoid getting hit by Steel moves.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the neutral Diancie, assuming that Diancie has worse
    Speed than the Naive one. Neutral natures aren't really worth bothering with. I doubt regular Diancie minds the drop in Speed from Brave nature. The Attack boost makes up for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Mega Diancie seems to hold more merit (Naive). Better offensive stats means it can apply more pressure on the opposing team and avoid getting hit by Steel moves.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the neutral Diancie, assuming that Diancie has worse
    Speed than the Naive one. Neutral natures aren't really worth bothering with. I doubt regular Diancie minds the drop in Speed from Brave nature. The Attack boost makes up for it.

yeah but your statement ignores that it's also LOSING defences or speed stats by roughly the same amount as either attack that it is getting depending on which nature, and unless you're willing to give up a 50% STAB boost for 1 move, you MUST have a mixed Diancie meaning that only 1 attacking stat would get a boost, leaving the other to be exactly the same no matter what nature you chose (because you can only boost one stat)

Remember, in addition to a nature that lowers Def or Sp Def, when Diancie Mega Evolves, she also loses 40 base points in both defenses, so a Naive Nature (for example) could lose a maximum of 148 points, is that worth the boost in speed if it's 4X weakness to Doom Desire, Flash Cannon or even Mirror Shot is exploited? if it was just a straight stat increase, sure, or even if I ALWAYS planned to use Diancie OR Mega Diancie in battles, but an almost perfect neutral natured one seems to be more versatile so I can use it either way because while it doesn't get any boosted stats, it also doesn't lose any stats either, which, considering how much it loses during mega evolution, I don't really want to ADD to that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think you'd wanna keep Diancie in on anything with a Steel attack anyway. The Speed increase she gets upon Mega Evolving is fantastic; jumping from base 50 Speed to base 110 Speed is pretty good. Base 110 Defense/Sp.Defense in mega form is pretty good defenses too (most sweepers wish they had those defensive stats). The problem is more her low base HP. Naive is a great nature for Mega Diancie to make the most of her speed and allow her to go mixed.

Mega Diancie is meant to sweep, normal Diancie is more for being a tanky thing. Since you have three, one can be molded into a normal Diancie (the Brave one), another can be a Mega Diancie (the Naive one), and then the neutral natured one can be saved as a nice trading piece.

Back