• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Retract votes in polls

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am pro this, if it's possible. It might not be with the software.

Years
  • Not once have I ever been to a forum where votes could be changed, so I'd say I'm definitely for this. I see myself on (rare) occasion selecting an option I don't mean to on polls, and I think it'd be neat option to have as well.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Especially multichoice polls. You vote for something after a hard decision and then realise you could have voted for more than one thing. Darn annoying, it is. Hopefully this would change.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've gotten moderators to modify my votes in the past, but it doesn't properly update. As I recall, the original vote couldn't be removed, only a new one under my name added (even in a single-choice poll). So, if you really want to, at present you could PM a staff member about it, but the results may not be entirely desirable.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I often accidentally select the wrong option or change my mind later so that would be a great thing to implement for me! If I want to pick something else I should be able to do it myself.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Just earlier today I voted for the wrong thing due to not reading the poll answers, so I'm for this. It would make a brilliant addition that I'd personally use a lot due to me having such poor eyes, haha.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I support this. It'd be a unique feature, like Zach said.
    I've accidentally voted incorrectly on polls a couple times before, so it'd be a great help. :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't think I've voted incorrectly on many polls, but this feature would be really useful. I'm surprised that vBulletin doesn't support such a feature (yet) despite the numerous other things that can be retracted/fixed (like editing/deleting posts) and such..

Also, this is an aside, but it would be nice if one could add a poll after the original creation of a given thread, in addition to adding poll options and/or switching a poll's style from "single-choice" to "multiple option"... :<

Back