• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Save Customization

Years
  • This is something long overdue, I want to change my profile sometime and I get sick of having to screencap all the color codes and saving them on my computer, on top of that, remembering all the images to use adds on to that stress.

I'd definitely support this feature, cos that way Supporters can save any complex profile designs they used if they had to change for like say, a PPC or something.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm pretty sure this has come up in the past and I don't remember the reactions, but I'd absolutely love to see this implemented. It'd be endlessly useful being able to swap between themes like that, plus it'd let you work on things like PPC and save the theme without having to redo it all when it comes time to change. But yeah, the benefits speak for themselves here so I'd love to see it implemented.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes yes yes yes! I really would like this idea tbh. I know it's been mentioned before, and I can't really remember the responses, but I think it'd be very convenient for those who love to test out their profile designs, but also for those who like to change on a regular basis. Perhaps even, it could be a support perk? Well...partially at least?

For example:
    For a non-supporter, you have the option to save/store 1-2 styles.
    Then the number of save/store slots you can use increases as you donate. 6th tier earning 7 save/store slots?

Just a thought!

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Seems like a lot of memory that the server would have to hold would be the only downfall.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Seems like a lot of memory that the server would have to hold would be the only downfall.

Not necessarily. I think the general idea here is exporting to your own hard drive, not the server.
    Also, the concept behind this is pretty simple, but it does depend on one fundamental aspect of vBulletin. Does vBulletin save ever user's profile .css file in its own or are they all crammed together/in groups? If each is saved alone, then it would be relatively simple to export/import if a script is mustered up that would replace the CSS variables with their actual values.

Although if I were to take a quick guess, I'd say vBulletin made one template for profile CSS and then simply set values based on the user ID you're viewing. This would make things significantly harder I suppose, although in this case it could be done so that the export/import function exports and imports the values assigned to the CSS variables and not the .css files themselves...

I don't know, just a thought. I would really like to be able to save my profile customization, it becomes such a pain when I have to redo it over and over just because I went on a limb and made a quick temporary change :3

Back