• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cilan Should Return or Get His Own Spinoff

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    The new traveling companions in the XY series are hopelessly stale and boring imo. I couldn't get through the first episode of the series and haven't watched the series since. I definitely preferred the Best Wishes series because it was more entertaining and the characters had great personalities. Even though I wasn't a fan of Iris either, she was tolerable and I wouldn't mind seeing her make an appearance. Cilan should return to the anime or have his own spinoff, though. He was definitely my favorite character. I would love to see some more development in his Pokemon sommeliering and I would love to see the old rivals (Burgundy, Georgia and Stephen) return because they were hilarious and I would love to see some more development for them, too. Not to mention they just seemed to disappear.^_^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Absent minded inventor and adiabatically evolving shipping item are far more interesting than connoisseur puns and Miss Tarzan. I don't know what anime you've been watching, but Cilan returning would taste pungent with a hint of nope.

Not to mention, I'm not sure how you managed to assess the companions in one episode. Serena doesn't even join until a bit later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    The whole group wasn't even together in the very first episode... Regardless, this group is far more interesting than the BW group ever was. I don't need "you're such a kid" and cooking puns repeatedly for every episode.

Absent minded inventor and adiabatically evolving shipping item are far more interesting than connoisseur puns and Miss Tarzan. I don't know what anime you've been watching, but Cilan returning would taste pungent with a hint of nope.

Not to mention, I'm not sure how you managed to assess the companions in one episode. Serena doesn't even join until a bit later.

Bolded for significance and hilariousness.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Sorry, There are So many other character who deserve their own Spin-off then Cilan.
    Example : Misty , Brock ,May , Richie ,Gary , Dawn, Paul , Ursula, Anabel.
    Cilan only fit to be a sidekick and he can't pull the off properly.
    Even Brock from ''Electric Tales of Pikachu'' can pull better Fabulous Gag then Cilan.

So , If those character can't get their own Spin-off then Cilan shouldn't get his own Spin-off.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Cilan was a better character than Brock was in DP (then again, who wasn't?), but I'd be content if he just got 2-3 episode cameo and that's it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015

Serena is there just for the sake of shipping to please the fans and that's it. She's just a love interest to Ash and ultimately worthless.

No thanks. I don't want Cilan to waste even more time with his try-hard, unfunny quirks. :/

I thought he was funny. To each his own.

Anyways I'd rather see Misty or Dawn with a spin off series, or a chronicles 2.0 instead.

PLEASE NO. Anyway, I'm sure Dawn is done for good.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Cilan is a decent character, but not good enough to have his own series. Similar to Brock, he falls to the sidekick level. What makes Brock more special between Cilan and him, is he traveled with Ash for a long time and finally get a bits of development towards the end of DP, becoming a doctor.

Back