• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Throughout Hoenn

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, we start off our journey from a small town known as Littleroot. From there, we get to visit a lot of other places, from routes, beaches, woods, tunnels, all the way to gigantic cities.

Of all locations that you had gotten to visit, which would you say was your most favorite of all? Why's that? Were there any trainers here, and if so, who were they? If you were to change anything about this place, what would it be and why? Is there anything you dislike about it? If yes, what is it? Did any important event take place here?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Oh my god. You do not know how much I like Hoenn, haha. My favorite is definitely Fallarbor Town. Soo beautiful. The music is the best thing about it! It's so calm and soothing; I could listen to it all day, honestly. I also like it's exclusive trees, haha. I like the feel of staying in a town where there's cool trees + ash falling from the sky, at least lightly in the town. I don't think there were any important events in it though, except Lanette when she's in front of the PC. Her house is pretty cool too, so I guess that kinda can be counted as in Fallarbor.

There was nothing I genuinely hated about Fallorbor. But I really feel like they could of moved Lavaridge's Gym to over there. I feel like it would be much much more suited in Fallarbor, being next to a volcano and all the ash etc. If they did add that I feel Fallarbor would be a much more important place in the game! There's also that Magma/Aqua event that is close by, so that's pretty cool! ^_^

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The routes before Fortree - they were all scenic and looked really natural! :D I can't wait to see this place in 3D. I loved the music, my secret base was here and my attempts on fishing for a Feebas took place here. This also was the route where my most frustrating battle happened, and I could remember the shock I felt when there was a trainer behind the tree cutout thing. I have so many memories of this place that I can't wait to relieve in the remakes! :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Sootopolis! There's no other city like it. First, there's no way to get inside other than flying or diving. How cool is that? Plus, water is a natural element of the city and it's inside a giant volcano! Plus, if you're lucky enough to be around during a certain time, you get to see two legendary Pokemon duke it out!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The routes before Fortree - they were all scenic and looked really natural! :D I can't wait to see this place in 3D. I loved the music, my secret base was here and my attempts on fishing for a Feebas took place here. This also was the route where my most frustrating battle happened, and I could remember the shock I felt when there was a trainer behind the tree cutout thing. I have so many memories of this place that I can't wait to relieve in the remakes! :)

It always rained in those places, though (didn't it?), which, to me, made them seem a little strange. If it weren't for that, they would have been a lot more realistic. I did like them!

Years
  • One of my favorite locations from Hoenn is Meteor Falls, because the cave looks so gorgeous as opposed to most others, what with craters and waterfalls, and when you first enter you see Team Magma and Aqua challenge each other for the first time in the game. You can find Lunatone and Solrock (depending on game), the latter of which I have used once and it did me well. And once you have Waterfall, you can go up and battle a few more trainers and find Bagon in the depths. In Emerald's post-game you can battle Steven, which is always fun, even if it's only a one-time fight that doesn't give you anything. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To answer my own question, my most favorite location of Hoenn would most likely have to be Fortree City. People live in tree-houses there, which, if you ask me, is pretty unique. We rarely see this kind of thing happening, do we? It has some soothing theme, too, to accompany everything. To put icing on the cake, this places also houses the gym of Winona, who is one of my all-time favorite leaders in all of Pokémon games. Her design is absolutely beautiful, and when battling, she's also sort of challenging; all in all, she's got everything that makes a leader "good." There are many other Hoenn gym leaders out there that I like, but she stands above all, to be honest.

One of my other favorite locations is Sootopolis. If you're playing Ruby or Sapphire, then this is where you'd be able to encounter and either capture or defeat them. If it's Emerald, then those two Pokémon would be fighting off against each other, and Rayquaza would come to stop. Other things do occur, but these two would be the biggest. This city has its place in Pokémon world history forever, I'm sure.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Sootopolis city is my favorite place in Hoenn hands down. The music is just so classy and the house designs are pretty neat. Important events that happened in Sootopolis? Do I really have to explain how awesome the Groudon VS. Kyogre VS Rayquaza scene was!? To be honest, I wouldn't change a thing :P

Back