• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Noob) How do I edit a specific pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Hi there.

I am currently trying to edit specific pokemon using a save game from Pokemon Reborn in essentials. I'm trying to change the IV's, EV's, Abilities, and Movesets of a few pokemon. I couldn't find any way to do this in debug, so I assume you have to use scripts or something. Problem is I have no idea where to start, how to write scripts or apply them. This is really the only thing I need essentials for, so if somebody can give me some instruction I would much appreciate it.

Years
  • If you're in debug, go into your Pokemon party. When you click on a pokemon, you'll see an option that says "DEBUG" and from there you can select any of it's choices. Among which are IV's, EV's, Abilities, Moves, ect. Note that you cannot give a pokemon an ability it cannot have (either naturally or hidden).

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    i hate having to ask for everything instead of trying it for myself but my pc still doesn't work yet, so...:
    i'd like to let an event check whether i have a certain species and then store the party index of that pokemon without letting me choose it and without checking every single index in my party, is that possible?
    pbHasSpecies checks for the pokemon and pbGetPokemon(1) would then let me edit it, but what links them with each other?
    could something like:
    pbSet(1,
    proc{lpokel
    poke.species==)
    or something like that work?

Back