• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I read everything except for the bullets wall of text. Some breaks in that would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Hope that breaks it up a bit, there were Empty lines between each bullet but the forum reformatted it and removed them :(

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    More Aggressive Rivals. One of the things I liked about early games is the actual antagonist aspect of a Rival. You get fired up after you beat your rival and he tells you that you suck anyway, it's not as fun when they're like "Oh, your so much better than me". My Ideal rival system would be three or four that are serious about battling, but go about it in different ways, so you have (for example) the Jerk trainer, the surprisingly strong trainer who emphasizes on pretty pokemon, the strongest one who is kind to their Pokemon (Champion?). I'd also like to see one of these Rivals join the evil Team of that game.

This. I didn't think too much of it when I heard X and Y was going to take a more friendly approach to the rivals, but after playing the game I definitely agree and hope this is one of the changes they implement.

All the rivals seemed melancholy/negative to me when it came to battling. From Tierno giving me the Intriguing Stone because I'm a better battler than he is, to Shauna not wanting to compete for the Mega Ring because she also thinks she's not as good as a battler as me or Serena, and Serena herself accepting defeat a little too easily time and again. I disliked how easily my rivals gave up on being my rivals(aside from Serena, but even then), and calling me the better battler when I didn't accomplish anything that great at that time or won any significant enough battles to be deemed so. Not only did this type behavior made me not passionate for battling them, it actually made me feel sorry for them every time I did battle them. To the point where I just wanted to avoid battling them entirely. I do like some of your rival examples and hope something similar appears in the next installment, especially the one joining the evil Team.

The other thing that I wanted that GF did not deliver on X and Y was full 3D.
    By that I meant the camera positioning for the overworld. I was completely disappointed when I found out it was still the top down view but with 3D models, after them hyping up otherwise. What I wanted was exactly the 3rd person PoV camera positioning of Glittering Cave, and a not so linear mapping of the area, throughout the entire game; or at least an option to change to this PoV. Personally, I feel this is the type of PoV provides a much more immersive experience when exploring the world.

Years
  • I also wish they would expand on rare battle items more.
    They have slowly been creating a collection of items, we got assault vest and weakness policy this time but I would like to see 20 or 30 new diverse items. It would create a scramble on the competitive side. Think about it...
    Just some ideas
    Tap root: cuts ground type sp.def in half, ground types take no damage from grass type moves.
    Blade Coat: Raises attack one stage, damages target that would make physical contact, pkmn wearing blade coat loose defense one stage each turn
    Heat ring: targets that would make physical contact with pkmn wearing heat ring take fire type damage and have chance of being burned. Grass types and ice types wearing heat ring have equal chance of beingburned while using defensive moves.
    I mean, I know its out there but with natures and abilities and team support I believe that more diverse items is the answer to being able to actually use pkmn you want online, instead of having to pick from an OU tier just to compete

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
  • In general, I would to see a more aggressive AI.

An AI that progresses as you do throughout the game, and is more flexible in battle. With that being said, an Elite Four and/or strong, relevant trainers battle-able at level 100 with a more competitive movepool & style. Basically, AI that is not too predictable.

Also, moving forward, I would like to see a full six-on-six at-once battle style. Horde battles were introduced in this generation, so why not expand on them.

On another note, co-operative in-game experience could certainly bring a new taste to the Pokemon plot. For example, meeting trainers on your Friend List--whether challenging them to an in-game battle and/or taking part in missions. This should be accessible via Streetpass & Game Sync.

For specific sixth generation (Pokemon Z) improvements I would love:

Expanded Move Tutors
    Having the selection of moves consolidated of previous generations (notably Platinum & B2/W2), and different moves not previously taught via Move Tutor would change the metagame.

Building Rental(s)
    Essentially, having the ability to rent the vacant building in Lumiose City could provide expanded use of Streetpassing and/or Game Sync, and have a similar vibe the Joint Avenue brought to B2/W2.

Battle Frontier
    Transforming Kiloude City into a Battle Frontier-esque facility with a theme part feel to it.

Improved Elite Four/Plot Trainers
    Having the ability for the mentioned trainers to gain level, improved movepool, and optimized stats like in B2/W2 would make this game more gratifying in my opinion. With that being said, the ability to battle Professor Sycamore multiple times post-Elite Four with an overall improved team would be awesome.

Legendary Accessibilty
    As a lot of people would admit, our legendary pool is quite bland in this set of games of this generation. Perhaps adding older legendaries (Celebi, Jirachi, etc.), and able to catch both Xerneas & Yvetal in one game would be nice--and not forced in-game.

Mega Evolutions
    Since this generation is pretty much about Mega Evolving, why not bring a close to the sixth generation by having all Pokemon that are fully evolved the ability of Mega Evolution. It would make the metagame more diverse, and could possibly bring some Pokemon out of the shadows of NU (hello Poliwrath).

Zygarde
    I know its purpose will most likely be fulfilled in Pokemon Z, but it's still nice to have some assurance on this. Also, a Mega Form(s) would be nice for this Pokemon, as to not make this thing a bulkier Garchomp wanna-be that just happens to possess Extreme Speed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd like to see them give us access to designing our own clothes and accessories, if possible. If not, then maybe they could allow us to download more outfits online. Wouldn't that be awesome? And if they're planning to give the game a whole new storyline, then I would like to see Team Flare play a deeper role. In X and Y, Team Flare wasn't very involved—that's one of the things that I really disliked about these games. I'd like the story to be a little longer, too. Another thing that I'd like to see is more mega-evolutions. One Pokémon that truly deserves a mega form is Skarmory, in my opinion. Skarmory is powerful enough as it is, I know, but a mega-evolution could make it even more powerful. It might too strong, but to balance it, perhaps they could give a slight decrease to one or two of its stats. This Pokémon is sort of useless as special attacker, so I wouldn't mind if they lowered its Sp. Attack. I'd be okay with it if they lowered its HP as well. Aside from Mega Skarmory, Mega Metagross would also be good, as well as Mega Jynx. :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Contests: I would like to see contests come back. I loved the Ruby/Sapphire version of contests... even if I wasn't great at them. Ruby is the only game I've managed to get a Milotic, and it won me all of the Beauty contests. Raising a contest attribute, instead of just EVs, makes Pokemon interaction even more rewarding.

Starter: A throwback to Pokemon Yellow. Start us off with a Fairy pokemon, instead of the three starter pokemon. Maybe even have that Fairy starter be a new/unique Pokemon.

Racing: I keep seeing how Rhyhorn and Skiddo are used for racing, but we never get to in the game? Booooo!

Best Friends: Let us have a Pokemon follow behind us while adventuring. Maybe not a Wailord (seriously? how do they even have that in the Battle Mansion haha), but everyone needs a rebelious "Pikachu" that refuses to get in their ball.

Pictures: I don't want to see just a picture of my character in the game, I want my Pokemon to pose with me for pictures as well. It would take a lot of programming, and might skew what pictures end up looking like, but the picture-taking at the moment is easy to get bored with.

GTS: We need to be able to see the natures on Pokemon that are being offered for trade. It's important! Also, a clear indication of what original region the Pokemon is from.

Everyone's saying that one. Maybe one use items that serve HM's? Like you could buy axe's from the store, and each axe cuts one tree, or a Surf Board like you get a Bike. Things like that.

Of course, simply making them removable easily could help a lot.
    Or be able to use move equivelants in place of them. Why can't a Slash chop down a tree? Flying/Levitate or Psychic types should be able to carry you once they hit an evolution or two. Same with Water types being able to drag you along the water.

At least they've fixed Rock Smash and Flash for the time being.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    An AI that progresses as you do throughout the game, and is more flexible in battle. With that being said, an Elite Four and/or strong, relevant trainers battle-able at level 100 with a more competitive movepool & style. Basically, AI that is not too predictable.

Also, moving forward, I would like to see a full six-on-six at-once battle style. Horde battles were introduced in this generation, so why not expand on them.
    They could also try to implement a AI-scaling. You could set a difficulty at the beginnning, and the enemies would have a minimum level, but scale up a little to match you (so no more "oh, all my Pokemon are 20 levels higher everyone" like this time). They could also increase the difficulty or decrease the difficulty of every trainer depending on how you did against all the trainers up until this point.

On having TWELVE POKEMON on the field at once, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Not in terms of battling (though it'd be too hectic for me to even want to try), but there may be other problems with loading the files and models and everything at once, so it could crash the game.I mean, look at celebration at the end of the game, they cut a lot of corners for all the models that weren't you, your rivals, and Sycamore, even for his two assistants. I'm not certain the game could handle it.

Speaking of Sycamore's assistants, why did they seem like they had a role in the game only to turn out utterly pointless? I'd have liked to battle them, or with them, or maybe even have some Hero Quests like the looker quests after the game with them.

Years
  • I'd totally be in for a boat trip to Hoenn. Too much?
    Uh... STORY
    Though I can see that X and Y was more suited to newcomers, what with all the friendly... things... But I'd love something like Black and White's story. I loved N's story,
    Spoiler:
    I'd love another story like that, with a rival like N. Oh, and definitely the "More Aggressive Rivals" you mentioned. Especially since a Ruby/Sapphire remake could come after Z, it would be a shame to miss an opportunity for a great game in between. Else, we'll have to wait for Gen VII. Generation Seven... Wow...

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • my one request is honestly to get rid of those little "advertisement" things at the bottom of the screen that remind you about gts, wonder trading, battle spot, and random other game features i already know sbout. i havent yet found a way to stop this, but its extremely annoying.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    my one request is honestly to get rid of those little "advertisement" things at the bottom of the screen that remind you about gts, wonder trading, battle spot, and random other game features i already know sbout. i havent yet found a way to stop this, but its extremely annoying.

You can;

A) turn off your Wi-Fi
    or
    B) change to Amie/Super Training screens

It'd be nice if you could turn those things off permanently, or have each on pop up once to let you know the option exists, but there are a few side-steps to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I couldn't care less about a Wii-U version, but now I want to play Pokemon Neochu. When is game freak going to buy your plot-line and begin development? I'm definitely down with a change in structure for the next game

Thanks lol, I enjoyed coming up with it, always been the creative type :). It would be nice for Gamefreak to expand on the story and give us something that is both accessible for the younger audience, but is more engaging for those of us who have been around since RBY gen. As for them buying it, if they want it they can have it lol, wouldn't mind a sly free copy in exchange though lol ^_^

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • You can;

A) turn off your Wi-Fi
    or
    B) change to Amie/Super Training screens

It'd be nice if you could turn those things off permanently, or have each on pop up once to let you know the option exists, but there are a few side-steps to it.

actually didnt think of those options. thank you! but i still wish you could just see them once and they would be gone haha

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Megas
    Well of course like everyone else, I would love to see more mega evolutions such as those for Arcanine, Raichu, Machamp, Golem, and possibly Deoxy

Rivals
    I wish they would allow an option for your rival to actually be a real person. Theyve made it where you can connect with people online in numerous ways so why not this? Yes, there is a chance that you're friend could possibly go through the game faster than you, but this is where they can scale the levels to match around yours. Also, if they have more than one pokemon at a given time when you battle them (Because we usually dont start seeing your rival use 6 pokemon till around the 7 gym- victory road right?) just allow the system to pick random pokemon for the battle as long as it includes their starter.

Eeveevolution
    Plain a blunt...give eevee a poison,dragon, and flying typing.

Moves
    Instead of completely getting rid of HM's and Tm's, how about just allow them to be taught by a pokemon, but let the trainer choose if they would like the move to be applied to their current move roster?
    Now I know I get tired of having to get heart scaled and ect just because I want my pokemon to learn a new move because I want to use it as a sweeper instead of a defense pokemon. How about they implement a primary and a secondary move roster for pokemon. So in total, yes they can learn 8 moves, but they can only learn 4 moves for their primary and 4 for their secondary. This allows for trainers to have to sets to choose from. And just so heart scales are still usable, how about it require a heart scale every time you switch in-between the two sets.

Story
    Lastly, Im hoping they do something more entertaining with the story. I dont mind the usual, go get badges, defeat elite 4, and gotta catch'em all style. I would just wish they allowed us to be more immersed in the world with side stories ya know?
    Somethin like, what you had to do with snorlax in red and blue before you could continue on.

Legendaries
    Im perfectly fine with less legends as long as the look as good at they did in X and Y, even though I prefer those from GEN 3 and down lol. However, I WISH they would make it more complicated to get legends like they did with Raquaza in emerald, Moltres in red and blue, Ho-oh and Lugia, ect... I was thinking more of a scavenger hunt legendary. One that would require to go to different parts of your current region to find clues and objects that the legend will react to so that you can catch it .

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Battle Frontier (Rental Facility was so fun to play), Difficulty Options and in general, more staff to do post game.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I was very hyped for this game, and I can't help feel somewhat disappointed with how X/Y turned out, as I know this gen of the series can do so much more but didn't. Silly hype train :P

In saying so, this is what I hope will happen in Pokemon Z or Third Version
    - More Gen 6 pokemon. I was shattered when I read how there was only like 70 or so New Pokemon. The other gens got over 100+. What happened here?? I feel like I am only encountering or battling the previous gen Pokemon.

I like freshness. Thats why I adored B/W so much. I understand the Mega Evolution aspect with the older gen pokemon, but really? Too much old pokes D:

- I would love if the Pokemon Models had more animation. Most feel kinda of static and not as vivid. I guess I am so used to B/W spites animations that I couldn't help feel disappointment that it wasn't implemented more so in gen 6.

- Turning off the roller skates. Yes, I know I can use the directional pad, but really I love the feel of the circle pad.

- I feel like the colour palettes of the pokemon models are too 'light?" Like pikahu for example, his fur is really light, light yellow. That really bugs me. When its raining or dark, the pokemon colours feel 'normal' again'. But I doubt GameFreak will go through all the pokemon Models and change that. This is just my opinion. Would be nice though :P

- More Post game stuff. ANYTHING!

- More Challnege / Or pick difficulty at the start of game

- I was upset about the camera perspective. it was top down overview AGAIN!. I was hyped for a truly immersive world where the camera is behind you. Seriously GameFreak?

- The Opponent pokemon feel a bit further away than usual. Just move them slightly forward so I can see them much more clearly and easier.

- No HM moves taking up a spot in the movepool or having to run back to the pokemon centre to get a HM slave. Please Gamefreak, hear our cries.

Thats all I can think of. ^__^

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • I really liked that we were able to go to another region after we beated the Pokémon League in HG/SS.
    So I REALLY, REALLY hope we are able to go to another region.
    Or maybe Nintendo will bring out an update for X/Y!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The only thing I really wanted was a fourth lower screen that displays your party pokemon (just like when you select the "pokemon" option in the menu screen) I find I'm checking that every battle to see if my pickup pokemon picked up anything, but also it would be nice to constantly check their status as well as be able to rearrange the pokemon as I'm walking along (so if I want to use a pokemon with a field ability or my last battle got my lead pokemon low in the HP I would like to switch them)

Years
  • Wonder Trading i hate that i have to save and then can only trade once. why cant i just keep wonder trading without having to save before each time. its a waste of time!
    Better Story this storyline was blah to tenth...
    Larger Region This region seemed to be half the size of the last few generations.. i would like to see a large region in which only half is available to you until you beat the elite four..
    More Pokés i want to see more new pokés or new evolutions(not megas)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back