• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ExcaBoss' OU RMT!

Years
  • I need a bit of help with my team. I have a rotation of 10 EV trained pokemon with great natures and some movesets from smogon. I need help choosing which 6 to use. Thanks in advance!

PKMN #1: Bulky Swords Dance Scizor
    Adamant, Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 40 Atk, 252 SpD
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Roost

Resists Specs Latios, Easy Swords Dance Setup
    EVs in SpD to help resist Drought Ninetales

PKMN #2: Swords Dance Haxorus
    Adamant, Item: Lum Berry
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EV Spread: 252 Atk, 220 Spe, 36 HP
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Brick Break

Physical Sweeper, Lum Berry allows for 2 straight outrages, as well as curing Toxic and TW. Lum Berry can be replaced with Life Orb for more damage output. Mold Breaker helps hit Levitaters with Earthquake.

PKMN #3: Calm Mind Alakazam
    Timid, Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EV Spread: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Psyshock
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball

Special Sweeper. Focus Sash makes up for horrible defenses. Helps setup for a Calm Mind. Can be replaced with Life Orb, but riskier. Magic Guard helps negate Toxic and W-O-W damage as well as Sand Stream damage.

PKMN #4: Special Sweeper Ninetales
    Timid, Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EV Spread: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
    Moves:
    Fire Blast
    Will-O-Wisp
    Energy Ball
    Hypnosis

Special Sweeper. Energy Ball takes care of switch-ins. Burn lowers attack of physical sweepers and Hypnosis takes care of special sweepers.

PKMN #5: Dragon Dance Scrafty
    Jolly, Lum Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    EV Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    Dragon Dance
    Drain Punch
    Crunch
    Ice Punch

Physical Boss. Moxie raises Atk to ridiculous levels. Atks have almost perfect coverage.

PKMN #6: Special Attacker Hydreigon
    Modest, Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EV Spread: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves: Dark Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Focus Blast

Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor are powerful STAB moves. Fire Blast deals with Steels and Bugs. Focus Blast deals with Tyranitar, Blissey, and Heatran.

PKMN #7: Annoying Stall Gliscor
    Impish, Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe
    Moves:
    Substitute
    Protect
    Earthquake
    Toxic

Most annoying set ever. Substitute used to stall. Protect used to stall. STAB Earthquake FTW. Toxic deals with those immune to Earthquake.

Walls:

PKMN #8: Ferrothorn
    Relaxed, Leftovers
    Iron Barbs
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 88 Def, 168 SpD
    Moves:
    Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

Spikes are spikes. Leech Seed to prevent your opponent from setting up and to heal yourself. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are great moves.

PKMN #9: Skarmory
    Impish, Leftovers
    Sturdy
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 232 HP, 24 Spe
    Moves:
    Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Brave Bird

Standard Skarm.

PKMN #10: Blissey
    Bold, Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    Moves:
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic

Blissey is Blissey.

Rate please!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You can't go over 510 EVs total on any Pokemon, just so you know. I think you're referring to the fact that Scizor's EV spread is 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef.

Anyway, this should be the team you're using:
    -your choice of Ferrothorn and Skarmory
    -Haxorus
    -Gliscor
    -Blissey
    -Alakazam
    -Scrafty

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • IMO Substitute + 3 attacks is better for Alakazam. Then it can run a Life Orb which is better for it.

Alakazam @Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
    Magic Guard
    4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Psychic / Psyshock
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Shadow Ball

The team that you're wanting to use from PD's suggestion is kinda weak to Terrakion. If you choose Ferrothorn, anyway. Skarmory would probably be your better option. Also once Alakazam goes you lose all Special attack options meaning enemy Gliscor, Skarmory, Forretress etc can just wall you with their huge physical might. Volcarona nails 2/3 of those Pokèmon with no hassle. Gliscor, I think is OHKO with +1 Fire Blast. (Or maybe even unboosted, damage calcs aren't my thing). But then you have that awful Stealth Rock weakness and no way to get rid of it. I suggest you remove Skarmory/Ferrothorn and put Forretress in. Forretress can set-up Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock he can remove entry hazards and do (not a lot) damage with Gyro Ball (could hurt Terrakion a tad?)

Volcarona @Life Orb
    Timid (+Spe; -Atk)
    Flame Body
    4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Quiver Dance
    ~ Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Hidden Power [Rock/Ground]

Forretress @Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Relaxed (+Def; -Spe)
    Sturdy
    252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpD (0 Speed Iv's)
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Gyro Ball / Volt Switch / Earthquake
    ~ Rapid Spin

Hope it helps! :)

Cam Meekins

Banned
    Years
  • If you don't mind, I would make the inquiry to use wide lens on ninetales. Hypnosis is a very inaccurate move. Have fun!

Years
  • OMG its a triple!!!

Anyways u can only have 6 pokemon on a team but I suggest userifying Scarf Hydrogeon and Alakazam since they support each others sweeps by stacking up against the same walls, the same goes for DD Scrafty and Haxorus so use those as well
    finally I'd throw ferro on there for spikes and to act as a mixed wall then CB Scizor for extra insurance momentum etc lol

Back