• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokemon Super Script

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Hey everyone, Retro here! And I recently came up with a "super script" in Pokemon Fire Red that is used to pick your starter Pokemon. Here's a video showing it off. Please, Please leave any feedback on this script on this thread. Also dont just say "Oh you used Pokescript? That crud is outdated and sucks, XSE is much better" I understand Pokescript is outdated... I still like it...

I spent hours getting this script to work.

Last edited:
    Is this a tutorial or a resource? As it is now, it looks like you're just showing off a script that you're proud of. Granted, I wasn't about to sit through a long video to figure out exactly what you were doing.

Wouldn't it be easier to edit a multichoice option to select the starter type instead of a looping, "Do you want this? Do you want this? Do you want this?" script? And this script doesn't seem useful to anyone who isn't giving out starters using the exact same circumstance that you are.

And I don't know why you added the 16 minute video when just the demonstration at the end is sufficient.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Is this a tutorial or a resource? As it is now, it looks like you're just showing off a script that you're proud of. Granted, I wasn't about to sit through a long video to figure out exactly what you were doing.

Wouldn't it be easier to edit a multichoice option to select the starter type instead of a looping, "Do you want this? Do you want this? Do you want this?" script? And this script doesn't seem useful to anyone who isn't giving out starters using the exact same circumstance that you are.

And I don't know why you added the 16 minute video when just the demonstration at the end is sufficient.

I made a couple improvements to the script, I still cant find out how to have a multichoice option, but I did add to the script some needed details. Also do you know how to get the namepokemon command to work? I cant seem to figure it out. Also next video I do will be just the gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    I like this a lot, im gonna follow this, now is there anyway we can make it like a reward system? You keep coming back till you get them all, and each time you pick one, it is removed from the list next time?

Or lets say if that cant be done, then you just pick again and the player can just keep getting them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I like this a lot, im gonna follow this, now is there anyway we can make it like a reward system? You keep coming back till you get them all, and each time you pick one, it is removed from the list next time?

Or lets say if that cant be done, then you just pick again and the player can just keep getting them.

Yes, there is definitely a way that can be scripted, I figured out how to get pokepic to work in the script as well. So all that'd have to be done is a unique flag gets set for each individual pokemon and after completing other story events you have scripted, the other pokemon will be availible for you to take. I'll start figuring out how. Thanks for your interest in this :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Yes, there is definitely a way that can be scripted, I figured out how to get pokepic to work in the script as well. So all that'd have to be done is a unique flag gets set for each individual pokemon and after completing other story events you have scripted, the other pokemon will be availible for you to take. I'll start figuring out how. Thanks for your interest in this :D

Lol its not a problem, im interested in this :3 cause i wanted the hack traditional guy giving a starter, but why not make it where they can get them all ^.^

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Lol its not a problem, im interested in this :3 cause i wanted the hack traditional guy giving a starter, but why not make it where they can get them all ^.^

Of course, but dont worry about it being a problem for me, I too want to see how to get all of them eventually. It interests me as well. I never thought of that, I just thought of giving 1 and only 1 pokemon to the player.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    Updated Video

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • When the PokéScript Standard gets a working implementation, I suggest you take advantage of its preprocessor with things like #ifdef, #define, and #include. You'll be able to make a "super script" that works flawlessly with all bases and assembles neatly, plus you'll be able to take advantage of macro functions like while and text for ease. I don't even want to fathom how you're doing this without conditional compilation. Probably putting the conditionals into bytecode <_<

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Do you have a script to provide more than one starter to be picked? Instead of like making the rival to ease on the work, of picking a poke thats stronger, maybe just a set poke for the rival to use lol

Back