• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Elite 4

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    In R/S/E, there were four trainers you had to battle in order to battle the Champion. These trainers are known as the Elite 4, and are the strongest 4 trainers in the entire region of Hoenn except for the champion. They were located in the Pokémon League, at Ever Grande City. city lol
    Spr_RS_Sidney.png
    There is Sidney, who is a Dark-Type user. He is fairly easy to take down, as he is first of the four. He uses an Absol which can be annoying if not took down early. His Sharpedo does have a high Attack stat too, so watch out for that. One strike and you could be sweeped.

Spr_RS_Phoebe.png
    The second is Phoebe, who is a Ghost-Type user. Her 2 Dusclops can take quite a hit, and they know moves that are most likely super-effective against someone on your party. Most of the Pokémon on her team are kind of easy to take out, but you could have some trouble with Sableye too.

Spr_RS_Glacia.png
    The third is Glacia. She uses Ice-Types. Her Walrein can take a lot of hits against Fire-Types, due to its ability Thick Fat. She also uses 2 Glalie which can be annoying in some circumstances. Make sure to bring a fast Grass-Type, like Breloom or Sceptile.

Spr_RS_Drake.png
    And the last member of the Elite 4 is Drake. He uses Dragon-Types; a strong type but hard to raise! The Flygon is the main threat for most people on his team, as well as Salamence. The only best way to faint Drake's Pokémon is to use an Ice-Type with Ice Beam. But in Emerald, he has a Kingdra which can get annoying so watch out for that. Once you've beaten Drake, you may go forth and begin the battle with the Champion.

• Did you think that the Elite 4 were a little difficult?

• Did you think that they were fairly easy to sweep?

• Were their levels too low for your team, or too high?

• Who is your favorite and least favorite out of the four?

Post beloww~ <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah Sidney, if you could stop throwing Spores and Swag my Pokemon, that'd be great.

Yeah Phoebe, if your Pokemon could stop Cursing at my POkemon, that'd be great.

Yeah Glacia, if your Walrein could and Glalie could cut my Pokemon some slack, that'd be great.

Yeah Drake, if your Flygon could stop causing sandstorms, that'd be great as well.

They are not that easy.
    I could easily run over the Kanto Elite four in Yellow and Crystal with a Kadabra that was pretty much on the same level as theirs, if not lower, but I always needed more stronger Pokemon for Hoenn Elite Four. All of them had that one Pokemon that would piss me off lol xD

But in the end, my Magneton, Kyogre and if I recall correctly, Rayquaza, showed them who's the boss :D

Drake has a great taste in Pokemon, and idk, all of them had that one POkemon that would cause me problems.
    But they weren't that hard to beat :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I first went up against them in Ruby, Blaziken was my only Pokémon that was good enough to battle those people; it was quite a difficult challenge for me. xD; Thankfully, though, I had back-up Pokémon on my team so that I could switch to them whenever Blaziken's health were low and use recovery items. Took me some time, but I eventually got them beaten. Personally, my favorite of these Elite Four members would probably have to be Drake.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Y'know I found Sidney's Absol to be one of the least threatening Pokemon an Elite 4 member has ever owned. It only ever tries to use Snatch against me for some bizarre reason. It made me kinda sad.

The only member of the Elite 4 I truly struggled against was Drake and that's because of his Salamence. I think I got around the problem by bringing over a Sneasal bred on Fire Red...that was before I knew how the Physical/Special stats worked.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Haha, these guys are so easy. Sidney is useless without the P/S split that gen 3 lacked, Pheobe keeps repeating Pokemon, same for Glacia, and Drake is just ICE BEAMED easy as well. I always end up winning under Level 50.

My favorite member is Sidney though. He is super duper badass.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I remember on my last emerald run with these 4 my absol ruined most of them lol :3 but drake put a stop to me even though I had ice beam on it(darn Salamance).Still a challenge especially if your like me with a team of levels 49-51s lol

Back