• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Berry Garden

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    A good thing about X and Y was the return of growing berries once again (dreamworld doesn't count) and at least this time, they had a specific garden for growing berries in just that solitary place. Do you think that the berry mechanics are better in X and Y, and also do you think that it is better to grow the berries in 1 location rather than a lot?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I liked the berry field in X/Y. Having all the planting spots in one place means you don't have to run all over Kalos to tend to your plants, and you don't have to remember all the spots where you planted them. There's plenty of space for planting for avid berry connoisseurs (yay spell check).

My problem is that sometimes I'd forget that I was growing berries in the first place {XD}

Years
  • This was a nice feature, because with so many berry slots all in one place it made things easier to know where they were planted. These berry mechanics were better than most other generations, and it was also good being able to get so many berries from one tree, more than I would plan on. While ORAS weren't too different it kept the feature despite throwing it across the region like most others did, so the Berry Garden was a welcome feature here.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Another good feature was the berry mutations. It came as a real surprise to me when I ended up finding a Qualot berry with the mutation; but at least many can be found, and I have 2 mutations so far; Qualot and Pomeg.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I liked the berry field in X/Y. Having all the planting spots in one place means you don't have to run all over Kalos to tend to your plants, and you don't have to remember all the spots where you planted them. There's plenty of space for planting for avid berry connoisseurs (yay spell check).

My problem is that sometimes I'd forget that I was growing berries in the first place {XD}

This right here. Mine ended up drying up constantly because I'd forget about it but I sure was glad that they were all grown in the same location.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yep, I have to agree; not being able to plant berries in various spots is definitely a good thing, as we don't wind up forgetting as to where they were planted and whatnot. Hoenn way of things isn't the worse, but it does have a few flaws.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The Berry Garden was a godsend. It's one of the reasons I like Kalos a lot. The region is so convenient, with its berry gardens and Luvdisc beaches and so on.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I liked the berry garden in one place because I'd constantly forget that I planted them :p but I did plant them save and go to sleep and then later the next night harvest them :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I was happy Berry Growing returned to X/Y, it was something that was definitely missed from the likes of Black & White. It's even better in ORAS for obvious reasons.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I was happy Berry Growing returned to X/Y, it was something that was definitely missed from the likes of Black & White. It's even better in ORAS for obvious reasons.

How's it better in ORAS? Seems to me that X/Y has the better berry growing. I haven't done much berry growing in ORAS though, so.....

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How's it better in ORAS? Seems to me that X/Y has the better berry growing. I haven't done much berry growing in ORAS though, so.....

Just my personal opinion but I find it a little easier to continue growing berries in ORAS since there are plenty of berry growing spots scattered all around the Region. Also the AreaNav tells you where/when your Berries have grown.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'm not really fond of berry growing. However, I prefer of not having berry lots scattered throughout the land as I tend to get forgetful of where I placed what berry.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    At least it is all grouped together, so you can come back to the original place. Another thing with weeds and pokemon, a good thing about these is that if you remove them you can increase your berry haul by quite a bit. I hated watering the plants all the time though in gen 3 and 4.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • The berry garden was an awesome addition to the game. It made getting berries so much easier and making rare berries available again.

Back