• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gen 3 team

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hi guys, I'm about to start a new Pokémon ruby run but wanted to stay away from my overused Pokémon, so i want to start out with treecko. My team will be ;

sceptile
    Gardevoir
    Flygon
    Crawdaunt
    Torkoal

Can anyone help me find the best Pokémon to fill me 6th slot?? Id like to use on gen 3 introduced Pokémon, so no gen 1 or 2 Pokémon please. And only Pokémon found in ruby (no sableye :( )

Please help!!

srinator

zangoose,breloom,ninjask,salamence and metagross its all good. also I think this thread will suit better in the In-game section, but if you are going to do gen3 competitive, tell so. I have been dabbling in gen 3 ou and adv lc for the past few weeks, it's extremely fun.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • zangoose,breloom,ninjask,salamence and metagross its all good.

Metagross would be my preferred choice (despite the fact it's almost impossible to catch and raise) as it resists the Dragon and Flying types that none of your Pokemon are weak to. Ideally one with Levitate so that it's immune to Earthquake.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Metagross would be my preferred choice (despite the fact it's almost impossible to catch and raise) as it resists the Dragon and Flying types that none of your Pokemon are weak to. Ideally one with Levitate so that it's immune to Earthquake.
    Um... what?

(Maybe that's a joke that I'm not getting...)

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    If you're going for an ingame team only, Slaking is certainly an interesting choice. Once Slakoth evolves into Vigoroth, it stops being a pain to raise, and once Vigoroth evolves into Slaking, Slaking should be able to OHKO any Pokemon it comes across with a mighty powerful Hyper Beam attack. You can even give it strong Special-based attacks like Blizzard since it has a pretty good Special Attack stat.
    Just don't let it stay in for more than one turn. Always switch out if you beat an opponent, otherwise Slaking is gonna need lots of healing >.>

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Torkoal and especially Crawdaunt aren't great, and I'd replace the latter with a better Water-type. You might as well run Sharpedo instead since it's faster. It's frail, but so is Crawdaunt. Milotic is the best Water-type, but it's a pain to get. (Tentacruel is more stable, and you can get a high-level one on the water, but it's not gen three.) But yeah, having something to fire off Surfs and Ice Beams is going to be important, and Crawdaunt is so slooooow. Torkoal is more workable since it can take hits, if you really want to use it, and it's better than Camerupt.

Metagross has no in-game utility unless you want to beat the Tower/Frontier, but then you're asking for a very different kind of rate.

Back