• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Choosing between two Hoopas

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    So I just went and got my two (You can get one for each game you own)
    I plan on trading one but I can't decide which one to keep, or if I should keep both

Hoopa A)
    While unbounded, it's stats are
    Stat IV
    HP: 155 31
    Atk: 198 31
    Def: 76 22
    SpAtk: 180 10
    SpDef: 150 31
    Spd: 77 3
    Nature: Brave (+Atk -Spd)
    Hidden Power: Grass

Hoopa B)
    It's stats while unbounded are
    Stats IVs
    HP: 154 28
    Atk: 180 31
    Def: 80 31
    SpAtk: 188 26
    SpDef: 150 31
    Spd: 100 30
    Nature: Quirky
    Hidden Power: Water

On face value, Hoopa B seems superior, faster, near perfect IVs anyway higher SpAtk etc.

But I here talk of people wanting to use Hooopa in a Trick Room team, where it's slow speed makes it stronger, but Physically, Hoopa has a limited move pool, but does have HyperSpace Fury, Zen Headbutt, Knock Off, Drain Punch and Gunk Shot, my question is: Is a Trick Room Hoopa better or should I just go with the Faster one? May seem like a stupid question but I wanted to get a second opinion

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Hoopa B is hands down the superior one between the two, although its nature is pretty disappointing. Hoopa A has a better nature, but lower IVs overall so I would go for Hoopa B.

Back