• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Type I'd like to see

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I was thinking about Generation 4 and the things that it emcompassed. For me, it was a generation where Garchomp, Empoleon, and Spiritomb were basically unstoppable. I was thinking, what typing could GameFream come up with that had little to no weakness with the introduction of fairy type. Then it hit me!

I'd love to see a Normal/Ghost type. They have already experimented with the Normal/Elec and Normal/Fire. It was be so OP with solid stats. I also want to see then mix Normal type more since I feel they haven't focused on that typing a lot.

So what typing would you like to see and why? Also, what do you think of a normal ghost type? What kind of Pokemon would that ever resemble?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Any Dark type move or Pokemon would still be a pretty major threat to a Normal/Ghost type Pokemon, especially because there are some pretty solid Dark types out there.

Apart from that, the only kind of thing I could see being Normal/Ghost type would have to be some sort of half-ghost thing in real life, which doesn't seem very plausible in the game world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Any Dark type move or Pokemon would still be a pretty major threat to a Normal/Ghost type Pokemon, especially because there are some pretty solid Dark types out there.

Apart from that, the only kind of thing I could see being Normal/Ghost type would have to be some sort of half-ghost thing in real life, which doesn't seem very plausible in the game world.

Ah! I completely forgot about that, you're right. I was just thinking about that too quickly I guess. But still, I think mixing normal typing with other types would be an interesting mix to the game.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Ah! I completely forgot about that, you're right. I was just thinking about that too quickly I guess. But still, I think mixing normal typing with other types would be an interesting mix to the game.

Yeah. Just imagine putting it up against a Weavile, it would probably not even get a chance to do anything.

Normal is one of those types that is kind hard to mix with other types, especially because for the most part it is used when no better type would be available for a Pokemon, or they just want to indicate that a species is "generic" in some way.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I have to agree with Derk about Normal-types. Adding Normal-type to a Pokémon can be done really without even actually changing the Pokémon.

I've always wanted to see a Bug/Dragon-type since they are two of my favorite types that haven't been fused yet. I think something awesome can be made of out that fusion. We also have yet to see a Bug/Dark-type which would be pretty great for a creepy Pokémon if you ask me.

Last edited:

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I have to agree with Derk about Normal-types. Adding Normal-type to a Pokémon can be done really without even actually

I've always wanted to see a Bug/Dragon-type since they are two of my favorite types that haven't been fused yet. I think something awesome can be made of out that fusion. We also have yet to see a Bug/Dark-type which would be pretty great for a creepy Pokémon if you ask me.

Yeah, we got a grass/ghost already, my favorite poke type is ghost and dark, apart from water. But it would be pretty steamy :-)

Why are we not funding this!?!?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    There are stuff in real life that can be translated into the Normal/Ghost type; you just have to think outside the box. An Opossum Pokemon, like the one I have on my fakemon backlog, would be one of the best candidates for a Normal/Ghost (or Normal/Dark, but that is a terrible defensive typing) type, playing on the concept of it feigning death to avoid predators.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Dropping by to leave a few more combos I'd like to see :P

Fire/Grass would be an interesting one, I could see a small sprout with a flame that eventually grows into a constantly burning tree. In my head, that seems pretty cool. Ghost/Rock would be another neat type combo to see, with an eerie floating group of stones or something like that. We've also yet to see an Ice/Bug-type, which would be a very unique Pokémon. so unique I don't even have an idea

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • If the normal/ghost pokemon was specially attack with levitate it would make it much better. The typing too bad for a defensive mon, and does not have the coverage for an offensive mon. At least ghost hits the pokes that resist normal typing on their weak special defense. Levitate for a ground immunity because that would be fairly useful. Maybe it could be like stance change in a way where it can switch its typing based. Normal type is bulkier while ghost is more offensive. That way, you can change to give you an edge.

Back