• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Duo-Species Challenge

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Update: I'm a winner!
After tons of grinding (and some move reassignments) the Sinnoh Elite Four has been vanquished!

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Also, if its possible, can I play through all of HG or SS and consider the Kanto portion of the game as acceptable for the ultimate challenge? If that's the case then I'm gonna turn this into an ultimate, but otherwise I'm going to be setting up several single challenges then. (with Lopunny and Nidoqueen) (SoulSilver, Omega Ruby, Black, Y)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Also, if its possible, can I play through all of HG or SS and consider the Kanto portion of the game as acceptable for the ultimate challenge? If that's the case then I'm gonna turn this into an ultimate, but otherwise I'm going to be setting up several single challenges then. (with Lopunny and Nidoqueen) (SoulSilver, Omega Ruby, Black, Y)

No, if you want to do a ultimate challenge, you will need RBY/FRLG.
(If you didn't know already, you can get RBY on 3DS VC)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Hi, I'm interested in doing an ultimate challenge :) but before, I want to check some things :

- Using two un-evolved Pokemon to finish all games without any evolution (not even Mega) is okay right ?
- Doing Fire Red/Heart Gold/Emerald/Platinum/White/White2 and Y is good ?
- May I hack them both at the start of the game the same level as a starter in game ?
- If both faint, Game Over ?

Also, I would like to know what I have to do to prove I've done these games legitimately ? That's it, thanks in avance for answering me :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Hi, I'm interested in doing an ultimate challenge :) but before, I want to check some things :

- Using two un-evolved Pokemon to finish all games without any evolution (not even Mega) is okay right ?
- Doing Fire Red/Heart Gold/Emerald/Platinum/White/White2 and Y is good ?
- May I hack them both at the start of the game the same level as a starter in game ?
- If both faint, Game Over ?

Also, I would like to know what I have to do to prove I've done these games legitimately ? That's it, thanks in avance for answering me :)

1. Yes.
2. Yes, any ultimate counts as long as play through all 6 regions at least once.
3. Yes, but make sure they're as legal as possible (i.e. no illegal abilities/moves/stats, etc.).
4. No, if both of your Pokemon faint, you just continue as if you're playing the game normally.

As for proof, it's not needed really, as someone has said recently, there's no gain in lying about it. :)
If you really want to include actual proof, just pictures is enough.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
1. Yes.
2. Yes, any ultimate counts as long as play through all 6 regions at least once.
3. Yes, but make sure they're as legal as possible (i.e. no illegal abilities/moves/stats, etc.).
4. No, if both of your Pokemon faint, you just continue as if you're playing the game normally.

As for proof, it's not needed really, as someone has said recently, there's no gain in lying about it. :)
If you really want to include actual proof, just pictures is enough.

Thanks again for the answer, that's all I needed to know, but as for the fourth condition, it is self imposed :) Anyway, I'll do the Solo-Run ultimate challenge then this one :)

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
No, if you want to do a ultimate challenge, you will need RBY/FRLG.
(If you didn't know already, you can get RBY on 3DS VC)

Got it, looks like I'll set up all single challenges until we get our 7th gen Kanto remakes.

Username: thenickel09
Games: Soulsilver, Omega Ruby, Black, Y
Pokemon: Lopunny and Nidoqueen

As a small update, I'm in Azalea Town in SoulSilver as of now.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Have to hold on my Sweet version cause I appear to have lost it?... I font rmemeber what it was on and I wanna continue... Stupid moving made everything weird and lost. Ill make another one until I find my rom(unless it was deleted orz...).

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Crystal
Challenge: Free Mode(Single)(i wanna stick to the rules as much as possible but i keep feeling like im gunna mess up somehow so just to be safe)
Pokemon: Raichu and Skiploom.
Hacking in Pichu as my starter and catching Hoppip outside after I beat Falkner. Probably wont be easy in Sprout Tower...

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
All challenges updated.
Only posting in this one because bumping the others seems unnecessary.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Finally got some time to play, and finished Leaf Green.

Spr_3r_344.png

Lv.72 @ TwistedSpoon
- Psychic
- Cosmic Power
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Spr_3r_317.png

Lv.72 @ Mystic Water
- Sludge Bomb
- Shock Wave
- Giga Drain
- Water Pulse