• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Trade_Pt.png

The exchange of Pokémon! That's what trading is all about. Not only can you do this with NPCs, but with each other both locally and over the internet.
    Even better, some Pokémon evolve through trading!

Do you like the trading aspect of Pokémon? No? What about the evolution, is it a good idea to have Pokémon evolve through trade?

Years
  • I like to trade. It can be fun. Also its pretty much necessary for when you want to complete a Pokedex. However, I do hate the trading evolution aspect of it. It can be a pain for someone who doesn't have anyone to trade with and really wants a specific Pokemon like Alakazam. These days though, you can trade easily so I guess its not that bad anymore. In the early days though, it really was a pain.

Years
  • Trading has always been a pain for me because I don't have any friends who play Pokemon, and while my brother has a second DS that I like to hoard I have like only been able to use trade evolutions in 4th and 5th Gen due to this. My wi-fi never connects as well, which explains why my 3DS trading doesn't ever happen.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I absolutely hate the trade evolution. Just...why? It's still a pain to ask someone to trade with you and then give it back, what if they dont want to? Especially while trading online.

I do trade tho, and it is absolutely fun!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Trading has always been a pain for me because I don't have any friends who play Pokemon, and while my brother has a second DS that I like to hoard I have like only been able to use trade evolutions in 4th and 5th Gen due to this. My wi-fi never connects as well, which explains why my 3DS trading doesn't ever happen.

I'm the same way. I've used my brother's DS to trade to myself in the 4th and 5th generations because he's the only person that I knew at the time that I could use for trading. And I've had on and off problems with my 3DS and Wi-Fi so trading there has been a no go.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I LOVE TRADING. It's so nice when you can make someone happy! And get something in return! Trading is my favorite part of Pokemon (..until my collection is complete..muahaha).

I'm pretty neutral on evolution trades these days. It was pretty neat back in the day, but now it's pretty much just bothering someone to trade and trade back. But it does generate a lot of trading, so it must be a good thing!!

Years
  • Huh, I didn't know you got PokeMiles for it! Must pay more attention! I like Wonder Trading to collect ID numbers for the Lottery. I've used the GTS quite a bit and I like that you can filter out the Pokemon that can't be Traded now but I wish they would add a filter for forms, searching for a particular Vivilon for example can be very tedious to say the least!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love trading, or I wouldn't have a Trade Shop in the first place! {XD}

Trading has a lot of benefits, ID Lotto, 3DS Friend Codes for Friend Safari, potential making new friends and most importantly helping people in need! ^_^

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I dislikes evolution thru trading that needs certain items or no items at all and people over the internet is totally unreliable unless you found some is trustworthy to trade a pokemon that evolve thru trading and willing to give you the evolved pokemon that they got from you back because the risk off putting say like "Shiny plz" and won't bother giving you back is pretty dangerous and annoying. I pretty OK with trading it's a good way to get pokedex completion. GTS makes things interesting to look for pokemon and Wonder trade is the enigma of trading with strangers

Years
  • Generally, I like it, but not when you have to trade for the purpose of evolution. It's nice to trade because you can get Pokemon that you might not have and want. So, shiny Pokemon that you just can't seem to find and ones that are EV trained are good examples.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the aspect of trading, it makes the process of filling up the pokedex much easier and quicker. The only downside to trading for me is the lack of obeying and the inability to change the nickname of a traded Pokemon.

Years
  • I do enjoy trading on occasion, since it gives you more motive to want to try to breed and/or catch fun things and give them away if people may want them. But sadly, the GTS has been nothing but corrupt since it debuted in DP back in 2007, with people being jerks and asking for stuff that's unreasonable or even impossible.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    because i never had anyone to trade with when i started out playing Pokémon, i never got into trading much at all. nowadays trading is much easier, thanks to The Internet, but still i haven't been doing it much at all. it's kind of sad, cause it sounds very fun and useful, and allows you to help and be helped with completing the Pokédex a lot too. the only trading i do a lot of is Wonder Trading of almost-perfect Pokémon when i'm breeding, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I enjoy trading; overall, it's a fun experience. Unfortunately, though, I don't get to trade as much as some other people, since there aren't many reasons out there for me to be doing it at the moment. If I aim towards completing my PokéDex some day (or something else along the lines), I believe this will change.

Back