• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you keep RPing?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The nice people and the interesting stories.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Well I just got here, so I can't really expand on what "keeps" me here, but I think for now I'm enjoying a forum I've never used before and seeing people's creations (Role-plays) unfold while joining some of them. For me, a Role-play needs to not be too complex, nor basic, but have a unique story, good plot, and other fun people to role-play with. I don't think I will get bored of this section of the forum for a LONG time.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Well, I've always had issues with staying committed in the past (mostly for reasons that are out of my control) but I just love the concept of roleplaying. It was something I used to do all the time from 2008 (where my posting quality was pretty horrific) on Bebo. Creating the characters I used always appealed to me and I just enjoyed making all different kinds of characters! Of course on Bebo it was mostly one-on-one roleplays and a lot of people like to god-mode (especially in Dragon Ball RP's, everyone wanted to be a Broly rip-off for god sake but like SSJ69) but I always loved it. I made so many friends there and, sadly, have lost contact with them all since the site closed down.

I found these forums in 2010, and originally just spammed the ROM Hack-ing threads, trying to find something fun to pass the time. In January of 2011 I made a new account and found the RP Corner and immediately jumped into applying for several roleplays, over time my writing skills improved. It was really helpful for me as I was going through a really tough time at school and it helped me to escape to a whole new world. I don't think my writing is even remotely good enough to write a fanfic worth reading so this is the next place to go to, where I can interact and enjoy posting with others. In the RP Corner, writing isn't everything and that makes it an awful lot more fun, for me at least!

Years
  • Why do I keep roleplaying? Because I love it.

I love the characters, the stories, the people I meet through a shared interest and I definitely love to world build and watch my creations come to life through peoples' posts. Everything about RPing is just awesome.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I keep roleplaying with the slim hope that my writing won't kill a RP one day. I've only been in one that finished and that was my first one. Since then....well let's just say I have mass murdered RPs and want the streak to end D:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Because I like it.

Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters. Haha, cheating.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Even though I keep on getting breaks in between roleplaying, I keep coming back.

I like it, even though sometimes I get lazy to join one ahaha. I like making characters, I like having them interact with others, I like getting them into scenes, I like the character developments - the subtle ones, the little ones and the big ones. I like throwing sht on their way, I like making them suffer. (lol)

I'm just drawn into roleplaying, because I like making different characters with different personalities and make them shine as they are.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I RP because I like the settings people come up with. And it's easier than the alternative of writing a story on your own.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Completely ignoring the fact that this is gonna sound super cheesy, I love roleplaying to help me improve my writing ability, for one thing, and for the other, I love the chance it gives me to live my characters' lives. You know. Be part of something greater.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I love roleplaying because it's just so wonderful to write, and I really like the unpredictability of playing with someone else, or under someone's rules and scenarios. It just brings something different to writing, which is usually such a lonesome venture.

I keep leaving this place and coming back again, mostly because of real world things like university, that cruel mistress, and time being such a precious commodity for someone trying to balance creativity AND a bachelor haha. And also I must admit sometimes I've the attention span of a goldfish. But there always comes a time when I get the itch for a good oldfashioned Pokémon roleplay, and then I just hope you're all not sick of me yet!

Back