• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first design

Soar

n00b
Years
  • So after reading the rules I am still a bit hazy about some things so I hope I'm doing this right. I would like some feedback on something i made for an upcoming Lets Play to tweak it and make it perfect. Its not really a gallery since there is one image, and I hope to promote discussion with it so I hope the tag is appropriate. Without further ado, the image!

Storm-Silver-497969930

The Layout:
    Spoiler:

The thumbnail:

Spoiler:

and the YouTube banner:

Spoiler:

0xh8ee56nvj

Last edited:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Looks pretty mmm.... ok to me~
    -I think you the Background shud use more detail instead of a simple vignette. (add sum 2nd Gen luhfv in there ya know~?)
    -The Badges shud definitely have a background, this 1 cud be simple due to its small size. And shud show only 1 region at a time. After you beat the Johto region,
    u cud have the badges fade out and a sparkly effect in to show the Kanto region Badges take place for the Johto ones, in the same place. (all done in the editing process)
    -No space 4 bottom screen~?
    And I think you did the process backwards. You wanna make sure u get the ratio for the FaceCam n the Game itself to make sure it fits in the Layout.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    So after reading the rules I am still a bit hazy about some things so I hope I'm doing this right.

Hi there! You know, if you every have any questions or are confused about the rules or anything in particular, you're free to contact me! I'm A&D's moderator, and I'm happy to answer any questions and ease your concerns about this section while posting your art here. :)

That said, I'm afraid you have unintentionally broken a rule! For any kind of thread showcasing one's art and asking for feedback, we have a three piece minimum. This is so members can more easily establish a gallery to continually update and receive criticism on, with no need to post another thread whenever they produce new artwork.

But don't worry, it's totally okay! I can see you did read the rules in the first place, so that right there is good enough for me, haha. I'll keep this open for you so you can post two more pieces (they can be anything; doodles, old let's play windows, typography, even art based videos! ) or at the very least get the feedback you're looking for and promote a good discussion.

I hope this was a little helpful! :)

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • Looks pretty mmm.... ok to me~
    -I think you the Background shud use more detail instead of a simple vignette. (add sum 2nd Gen luhfv in there ya know~?)
    -The Badges shud definitely have a background, this 1 cud be simple due to its small size. And shud show only 1 region at a time. After you beat the Johto region,
    u cud have the badges fade out and a sparkly effect in to show the Kanto region Badges take place for the Johto ones, in the same place. (all done in the editing process)
    -No space 4 bottom screen~?
    And I think you did the process backwards. You wanna make sure u get the ratio for the FaceCam n the Game itself to make sure it fits in the Layout.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to comment :)
    -I will definitely try changing around the background, thanks for that, and the smaller box is for the bottom screen because I dont have a facecame to record with atm. Also i will check out the badge situation and make that look better!

Hi there! You know, if you every have any questions or are confused about the rules or anything in particular, you're free to contact me! I'm A&D's moderator, and I'm happy to answer any questions and ease your concerns about this section while posting your art here. :)

That said, I'm afraid you have unintentionally broken a rule! For any kind of thread showcasing one's art and asking for feedback, we have a three piece minimum. This is so members can more easily establish a gallery to continually update and receive criticism on, with no need to post another thread whenever they produce new artwork.

But don't worry, it's totally okay! I can see you did read the rules in the first place, so that right there is good enough for me, haha. I'll keep this open for you so you can post two more pieces (they can be anything; doodles, old let's play windows, typography, even art based videos! ) or at the very least get the feedback you're looking for and promote a good discussion.

I hope this was a little helpful! :)

I am so sorry for breaking the rules but hopefully I have fixed it! Thanks so much for the second chance as well!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    The layout is really nice, well done. I've only ever done one DS layout, but this is how its done. As for the thumbnail, the font is kinda plain. If you don't like any of the default fonts your operating system gives you, dafont.com is a great resource. Finally, you should always do rigorous testing to make sure the layout works well in action. Hope the advice helps! :)

Back