• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Difference between the two

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Hi. I am a newbie on this matter, but I have to ask, to not feel like a total idiot anymore:

What is the difference between the games in Game Dev. forum, and the ones in Rom Hacking?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Hi. I am a newbie on this matter, but I have to ask, to not feel like a total idiot anymore:

What is the difference between the games in Game Dev. forum, and the ones in Rom Hacking?
    ROM Hacking is changing the official games (by using ROMs), aka "hacking" XD

Games here in Game Development aren't made by hacking. They can be made from scratch, but most are made using a program named RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • ROM hacking is the process of altering the code of an official Pokémon game, like Pokémon Ruby, and editing it to make your own game.

Game Development is making your own game from scratch, using programming, scripting or game makers to make an independent game playable on a computer.

Back