• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rangers flew on Latios before it was cool...

Years
  • In the third game of the series, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian signs introduced a really cool feature, flying on a Pokemon. Unlike in the main series, you dont just teleport from one place to another with the flying sprite appearing, you're actually riding a Latios or Latias. Not only that, but you can also chase the pokemon around the sky and capture them with your styler.
    What did you think of this, did you prefer flying manually or automatically from one place to another?
    I think it's pretty cool. It's a fun simulator so Im even using it just for wandering around. That is, until I get my hands on newest games. But till then, this will do :D

Pokemon Rangers flew on Latios before it was cool...

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm not very fond of Pokémon Ranger, to be honest with you. Maybe the flying part was great, but it can't really compare to the 'freedom' ORAS gives to the character. It just feels amazing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You fool! You know the best feature in Guardian Signs is the ability to ride on the legendary beasts! Plus, Staraptor best flying Pokemon for Rangers!

But yeah, Pokemon Rangers GS did Latis flying before it was cool. The lack of scenery isn't really amazing though, but we were literally above the clouds. I really like how they make the Pokemon encounters, unlike ORAS which got me really annoyed when I randomly encounter Pokemon when I was clearly miles above/below it.

Pokemon Rangers GS made it so unless we actively chase the Pokemon we won't get bothered by wild Pokemon. Plus, there are rarities in the sky that is rather hard to find or chase.

Also, you ride it by summmoning it in an open are, just like in ORAS. Telling me that ORAS isn't copying Pokemon GS will be hard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel it'd be fun to see how things go if they were to keep this feature in future main series games.

Others might feel differently on this, but to me, it feels slightly more realistic when we get to see how things happen when we fly on Pokémon; GameFreak brining this feature from Rangers into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was definitely a nice decision.

I'm not sure if there's any way they could improve on it; right now, I feel the system is perfect.

Years
  • Well I never got far enough into Guardian Signs to experience this but I heard bits of it, so it was good that they had something like this in the newest representations. It's definitely better than needing HMs in your party all the time, that's for sure.

Years
  • That's what I thought when I first saw the flying feature on ORAS. Man, I had a lot of trouble getting the Pokemon that you needed for a certain mission in the sky. But yeah, summoning Latios or Latias through Guardian Signs was pretty darn cool.

To those who haven't played it, Guardian Signs is actually very fun imo. I had a blast with it after I got it for Christmas the year it came out; it continues to bring back a lot of memories even if it was not too long ago. That was just a very good year for me haha.

Back