• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for help with baton passers for attack and maybe sp atk

koffingsmoke

500039587162 / Add Me!
Years
I'm building a team of 3 right now in X and I'm going to finish it once I begin OR, but for now while I'm finishing off X (finding everything I can and obtaining all items and what not) I'm looking for 3 baton passers to help me out... I would really like scolipede, but I searched the bushes for a while and never found one, but that still leaves two more after that. I'm new to playing competitively. Help me out please lol

here is what I have so far

Haxorus / Lum Berry / Adamant
Mold Breaker
252 atk / 4 hp / 252 speed
Swords Dance
Taunt
Poison Jab
Outrage

Altaria / Leftovers / Adamant
Natural Cure
252 spe / 64 hp / 192 atk
Dragon Dance
Roost
Earthquake
Return

(Can't wait to get that mega stone<3)

Exploud / Choice Specs / Modest
Scrappy
252 sp atk / 252 speed / 4 def
Boomburst
Fire Blast
Surf
Focus Blast

Those are the three I've got right now. I like them because they are strong enough to setup and attack on their own, but I want a few baton passers to help the process. Maybe one with spikes or something. idek man

PLEASE DONT BE A DOUCHE.
I'm here to have fun and try to win some and lose some along the way. This isn't my life's calling.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Haxorus is currently hard-walled by Steels. It needs Earthquake to even get past them.:
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab/Swords Dance
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker

However, Haxorus isn't as good as it used to be because 97 Speed is kinda awkward. Just putting that out there.

Mega Altaria can go two different ways with Dragon Dance: bulky or offensive. Its Mega Stone is one of the easiest to obtain in OR/AS; you just have to show your Altaria to a Collector hanging outside the Pokemon Contest Fan Club:

Bulky (can afford to set up more than once or twice before going for a sweep):
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Earthquake/Heal Bell/Substitute
-Roost
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/96 SDef/28 Spe
Item: Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure

Offensive:
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Earthquake
-Roost/Fire Blast
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Espeon is a good Baton Passer since Magic Bounce shuts down all attempts to status or phaze you out before you complete your set-up. There's others but I don't remember which ones....

koffingsmoke

500039587162 / Add Me!
Years
Haxorus is currently hard-walled by Steels. It needs Earthquake to even get past them.:
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab/Swords Dance
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker

However, Haxorus isn't as good as it used to be because 97 Speed is kinda awkward. Just putting that out there.

Mega Altaria can go two different ways with Dragon Dance: bulky or offensive. Its Mega Stone is one of the easiest to obtain in OR/AS; you just have to show your Altaria to a Collector hanging outside the Pokemon Contest Fan Club:

Bulky (can afford to set up more than once or twice before going for a sweep):
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Earthquake/Heal Bell/Substitute
-Roost
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/96 SDef/28 Spe

Offensive:
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Earthquake
-Roost/Fire Blast
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Thank you. I was unaware about some of those things
since you say haxorus isn't the best choice, what would you recommend? is there something I can get in OR that would be better?

I also have another question you might be able to answer. I recently learned how to ev train, but when I use a recommended set they dont add up to 510, they add up to 508. so when im done it doesnt say its a fully trained pokemon. does that matter?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thank you. I was unaware about some of those things
since you say haxorus isn't the best choice, what would you recommend? is there something I can get in OR that would be better?

I also have another question you might be able to answer. I recently learned how to ev train, but when I use a recommended set they dont add up to 510, they add up to 508. so when im done it doesnt say its a fully trained pokemon. does that matter?

EVs only work if they're added in increments of 4. For every 4 EVs, a Pokemon's stat increases by 1 by level 100. 508 is divisible by 4; 510 isn't.

In OR/AS, Garchomp is the best alternative:
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Swords Dance
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Focus Sash/Rocky Helmet

or
-Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake