• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most annoying phone call

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
  • The posts above are the exact reason why I didn't give my phone number to anyone in the SS ROM and why i'm not giving it to anyone in my real game. XDDDDD

Anyway, I gave my number to a few people on the ROM. The most annoying one was ehh.. that bug catcher guy on the route to the right of Violet City that kept calling me telling to come back to him to get some berries.

I never went there again after I kicked his ass the first time. :D

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I think professor oak called to say "Leon your filling up your pokedex aren't you?" while I was running around trying to get eggs to hatch

Ayselipera

When sweet mother dearest calls I die a little inside. I once tried to ignore her calls which then led to her calling me every 30 seconds to a minute. (At least that's what it felt like) She drove me so crazy I called her back and told her to stop saving my money. She hasn't called since.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Seriously. I go to Joey for a rematch, he sends out level 30 Raticate. He's like Beat that B*tch. Then I send out a level 85 shiny Metagross. He's like O.o

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I have to join the hate on Joey...

Also, some picknicker called me about her Nidorina or something...

"Oh shes so cute... so warm when she's sleeping... cuddly... etc." like 5 pages, and it said so much useless stuff then "Oh, I lost track of time, sorry!" Me: F- Yes you did.

And
    Mom: "Hey honey, I just bought you like 50 berries, oh, and I run out of your money, sorry!"
    *Goes to mart*
    Hey, cool some berries!
    *Talks again*
    Cool, more berries!
    *Again*
    Cool berries... NOT.

Sometimes I leave me DS on for a while, come back and there are 5 "Packages" for me >.>

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
    Years
  • Mom's calls always tick me off...
    "Hi son, I just bought you half of the berry black market with all your money. Take care." --CLICK!

... but Joey's are by far the most annoying!
    "YO WAZZAP!? MAH RATTATA'S THA BEZT IZ DIFRENT FRUM OTHAZ RATTATAZ CUZ ITZ SO AWESUMZ! KTHXBYE!!"--CLICK!

-GX-

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
  • Girl calls:
    Ring Ring Ring,
    Heeeelllllllloooooo?
    Hey, its me, i went to the moo moo farm with my tauros and there was an uproar
    CLICK.

wait, wtf?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Most of them are tbh. My mums always annoying me, but I kept her saving my money because I got lucky, recieving a moon stone off of her just as my Nidorina needed evolving. The ones that irritate me the most though are the silly ones about how they almost caught an easy low level pokemon but didn't quite. It just seems a bit trivial after I've just beaten the elite. lol. I think the phone could be pretty good if it had more of a use, but as it is, feels more like a gimmick.

Years
  • At least it isn't Dead Rising.

Can just imagine it now:

*Is in 3rd Gym fighting that damn Milktank*
    -Ring-
    Mom: Oh hi Sneeze, I hear you're in Goldrenrod, maybe you shoul- *Cuts off due to having tor struggle for a super potion*
    -Ring-
    Mom: Don't cut me off like that it's rude. Anyway, I hear you're in Goldrenrod, maybe you should try fighting Whitney. Good Luck! Bye!

Urgh...

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    At least it isn't Dead Rising.

Can just imagine it now:

*Is in 3rd Gym fighting that damn Milktank*
    -Ring-
    Mom: Oh hi Sneeze, I hear you're in Goldrenrod, maybe you shoul- *Cuts off due to having tor struggle for a super potion*
    -Ring-
    Mom: Don't cut me off like that it's rude. Anyway, I hear you're in Goldrenrod, maybe you should try fighting Whitney. Good Luck! Bye!

Urgh...

Haha! Brings back bad memories. GTA was pretty bad for it as well. I can imagine trying to catch something like Arceus, getting distracted by my phone, and then turning around to watch it running off into the distance. I mostly ignore my phone in Pokemon now. I've yet to see a game that uses a phone in a non-annoying way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Pretty much anyone who calls to tell me that they attempted to catch a Pokemon but it got away. Perhaps it's just me, but they're not really that hard to catch... Why do these people have such a hard time with such common Pokemon..?

Also, LOL at the Joey hate. I don't think I ran into him... I don't remember any calls from him. It's possible, though. I tend to skim through the calls.

Years
  • was catching articuno yesterday, oak calls, thinking it important, I answer it
    "hi, you're filling up your pokedex aren't you? *click*"

and while catching the legendary dogs, I'm hitting my pokegear button every 2 seconds. Tiffany calls at the same time and tells me about how her clefairy got scared in a battle and they ran away.

but yeah, I mostly ignore the phone now

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    One time Lyra called me and said her Marill evolved into an Azurami (Sp?). I rushed over to her house... SHE LIED

Years
    • US
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    I just laugh at Joey's because of the whole Raticate thing - it's hilarious!!

Mom's calls don't bug me, I actually like them. :) She helped me get past Bruno (the jerkface). And they're a lot of help in the Elite Four.

The WORST for me has to be that Piknicker chick with her Nidorina. Ugh...It lasts forever!! And that one guy who talks abotu his Machop...

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    Joey and his supposed super Rattata that's the best Rattata in the world.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • Joey's phone calls are both amusing and annoying. Annoying because of the way he goes on and on. Amusing because like with the Marill evolved thing with Lyra even after his Rattata evolves he still reffers to it as a Rattata. How would I know, I went back and fought him along with several others who asked for rematches and low and behold it was a Raticate.

I don't mind Mom so much because even though some of the items are annoying like the berries she occasionally buys something really useful like a Potion or a Ultra Ball hell I even got a Moon Stone from her once.

And then there's that idiot who can't beat an Abra -facepalm-. I swear he is worse than Joey, at least Joey can beat Pokemon on occasion. This other guy loses to Abra. How the hell do you lose to an Abra all it can do is teleport!

Back